looking for faerie wings and clothing from DAZ Studio 2 manual

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I found a copy of the DAZ Studio 2 manual I had printed out a long time ago, and right at the beginning it has a Getting Started section that has faerie wings and clothing for V3. I assume that's something that came with DS2, however I can't seem to find it anywhere in my content library. Does anybody know if this is something I should already have installed still even with the most recent version of DS, and if so, what installer should have it? It says one of the icons is Wings2 (search doesn't find it). Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

See if you have DS2 in your Product Library. It's also in the http://www.daz3d.com/3d-starter-pack

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited June 2013

That was the free content that came with DS1, it was V3 RR and LE versions of everything else all in .DAZ format, check the product Library in your account for DS2, one of the downloads available under it is called "DAZ Studio Base Content", that's the one you want.

One warning the installer will put everything in "Program Files>DAZ>Studio", so you will have to move it all manually after installing it.

Oh and this content doesn't work in DS3, DS4.0, or early builds of DS4..5.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    That was the free content that came with DS1, it was V3 RR and LE versions of everything else all in .DAZ format, check the product Library in your account for DS2, one of the downloads available under it is called "DAZ Studio Base Content", that's the one you want.

One warning the installer will put everything in "Program Files>DAZ>Studio", so you will have to move it all manually after installing it.

Oh and this content doesn't work in DS3, DS4.0, or early builds of DS4..5.

That content work quite fine for me in DS3.
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    That content work quite fine for me in DS3.

Couldn't have as DS3 couldn't read the UV data files from the DS1 content, it's only the last few builds of DS4.5 that can read them as a fix was added to it.
    The only way to get it to work in DS3 was to load the DAZ files into DS2 and resave the scenes, which would replace the old incompatible files with something DS3 could read.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

If you own the 3D Starter Pack linked to previously, you shouldn't have any compatibility issues with any of this content. The original version of the content that came with DS1 and/or DS2 does have some major compatibility issues in DS4/4.5 (haven't tried it in DS3 or recent builds of 4.5 or 4.6).

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I didn't have the 3D Starter Pack listed in my Product Library, but when searching for "Starter" I did see I have the "Platinum Club 3D Starter Bundle (Upgrade)", which the promo pics indicate also include the product I needed. I located my previously downloaded installers, and realized that I didn't have the V3 reduced resolution installed. I reinstalled that, and now I'm good.
    Thanks everybody!