Will Genesis 2 & Victoria 6 will work natively in Poser?

ssgbryan1Assgbryan1A Posts: 782
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I see that Genesis 2 & Victoria 6 are just around the corner. (See "What's Included & Features" in Gwen Hair)

Any chance that they will work natively in Poser?

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2013

That would be very helpful to you Poser guys. I'm willing to predict that one of the big breakthroughs that GN2 will provide is a much better natural compatibility with PP2014 than DSON does with GN1 for PP2012. For all we know, DAZ and SmithMicro may be working on something together at the meeting rooms again.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    I see that Genesis 2 & Victoria 6 are just around the corner. (See "What's Included & Features" in Gwen Hair)

Any chance that they will work natively in Poser?

FW Candace was released today. She lists Genesis 2 as the only compatible figure, and the compatible software is "DSON Importer for Poser, DAZ Studio 4.6". This makes it look like Genesis 2 will work in DS 4.6 and through the DSON importer in Poser.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

It seems all promo images of Gwen Hair were made with V4 fugure, not genesis or genesis 2.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,759
    edited December 1969

But Candace is Genesis 2 only.... http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/fw-candace

• KerwinKerwin Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

If the FW Candace page was genuine, it looks like Gen2/V6 are a DSON style product, which keeps compatibility with the Poser 9 family as well as Poser 10 via the DSON mechanism.

Screengrab here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=75566_mKmwdfgH9jzRnSavr5tB&board_id=1

This in turn would imply DUF figure files rather than CR2.

(Pure Speculation/Educated Guess) To make Gen2/V6 Poser 10 native (e.g. without DSON), it would likely require abandoning some Daz Studio technologies to a compromise on common set of technologies between SM/DAZ3D. Most of the major feature needs for Gen1 are in Poser 10, but I think there a still some loose ends (including differences in how morph following/autofitting/geometry welding is implemented) that would need to be addressed. Not that it couldn't be addressed in a Poser 10 service pack, but I get the impression that agreed upon route between DAZ and SM is DSON.

There was a recent discussion in the Poser Forum where the "official word" (DAZ's, not mine) was to use DSON with Poser 10/Pro 2014. I'd be very surprised to see such a reversal of technical so quickly.