Does anyone know if this works in Cararra Pro 8?

edited June 2012 in Carrara Discussion

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mimic-lite/

I have Daz Studios 3 and 4, but I want to use it with a character with dynamic hair. So I need to know it it will work with Carrara or if it supports Carrara's dynamic hair used in its stand alone form.

Thanks,
Shawn.

God bless.

Post edited by rosedragon_9a2c52b8ed on

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yes it works. you export an animated pose that Carrara uses like any other PZ2 pose.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi All :)

I thought that Mimic light (or it's equivalent), ..comes with DS 4 pro. but for that price it's no real loss.

There's also the Mimic pro plugin for Carrara,which allows you to create Lip-sync for your own Carrara creations.

As Holly points out Mimic can export PZ2 "poser pose" files, and those will work in Carrara. so,.. all mimic enabled figures can be used in carrara.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

up until the C8.5 beta which works with ALL my sound files, Mimic lite initially with C6pro and then later Mimic pro standalone were my prefered lipsync apps for Carrara, I imported the pz2 files and added the sound in Windows moviemaker.
    I bought Mimic pro and for Carrara when both it and Mimic pro were on sale very cheap for $10 each.
    actually got it for Poser.
    I found that the Carrara plugin would not recognize my Speakonia or recorded voice files, it did my virtual singer files hence a lot of virtual singing videos!
    the only work around was to add a muted track in Audacity that WAS recognized or more simply just use Mimic pro (or lite)
    but now in the 8.5 beta all my sound files are recognized.
    I have mentioned this numerous times in the past but it seems I am the only one who ever had this issue.
    I still think the Mimic pz2 keyframes as opposed to the Mimic plugin nla clips are more accurate though.
    you get some cool bonus toonimal figures too!

• edited December 1969

Thank you.

Shawn.

God bless.

• edited December 1969

Can Carrara export a .CR2 Character file? I am not seeing it in my export or save as options.

Shawn.

God bless.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No. But with Fenric's PZ2/BVH plugin, you can export a figure pose with all your morphdial settings.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=fenric