Bryce Bridge DazStudio

2»

Comments

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514
    edited December 1969

Hi Rashad,

Kerya's permissions issue is a new observation and could well be the root of her problem. But do notice how after she applied the fix it did enable the bridge to operate in both admin and guest user modes, so if anything it has improved the flexibility of her bridge.

There was a post on the old forum with problem of the Bridge on limited/guest account. I did post a reply showing reg entries to add. But it looks like that problem is solved.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Thanks for jumping in here, Steve. This stuff is waaaay out of my league so I dont want to mislead anyone. Thanks again.

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514
    edited November 2012

Hi Rashad,

I just made a first install. On Win7_64 (nothing else installed/or been installed on this HD image):-

DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64 then Bryce 7.1.0.109_win32

The Bridge, by default, is working in both directions.
    I am going to check through the monitor log, which may take a while.......

---------------------------

Bryce is finding DS via ~\user\name\Appdata\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dzInstall.ini
    That file contains the location of both DS and Bryce. That file was not there when I checked previously (when on the other forum). Bryce still looks for the reg entry for DS3

On checking logs, both DS4.5 and Bryce write to file dzInstall.ini during installation.

------------------------------

Hexagon is also writing its installation location to the dzInstall.ini file, and is accessing that to find DS4.5 (Hexagon also looks for DS3 reg entries)

So, the bridge is currently working both ways for DS4.5<>Bryce7 and DS4.5<>Hexagon2.5.1.79.

Post edited by stem_athome on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It looks like most problems are now solved, apart from the DS <> Hexagon bridge. Is that problem from a limited account / admin account or both? (and which OS?)

How to get the Hexagon Bridge (got it in another thread, but copying here too):

@Kerya: can't remember for sure, and it looks like I don't have Hexagon on this computer, but it's either in the dzInstall.ini file (Documents\\Application Data\DAZ 3D) or in the registry.

Thank you!!!!!!
    It's the dzInstall.ini in appdata - I had one as admin, but not as user.
    I just copied it over - and voilà! Working Bridge!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow. Thank you all. I've actually loaded up Bryce and used the Bridge. Haven't done that since 5.5.

I do have Studio3-64 and 4.5 installed on this machine and the latest version of Bryce. First I opened Studio but it didn't recognize my Bryce version. So I closed it and opened Bryce which 'sent something' (nothing selected) to Studio 3 which automagically loaded up Studio 4.5. After that Studio sent stuff to Bryce no problem and I was sending klipspringers to Bryce and back again one after another.

I didn't have to go near the registry. But it's been so long I couldn't remember how to do much of anything in Bryce--you'd never know I used Bryce every day for about nine years. I'm not sure it's like riding a bicycle.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

Welcome back to Bryce then. Bryce is fun. Version 7.1 can do a lot more than 5.5. I still use 5.5 with Studio 2.3, 6.1 with Studio 3, and Bryce 7.1 with Studio 4.5.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Yes, Horo. You wont have a problem with any of it because you already had DS3 installed before you installed Ds4. It is for users who have never installed DS3 that this problem arises.

@Rashad - This is good to know as I had DS 3A installed first, though I think I may have installed DS 4 Pro before Bryce 7.

@Horo - You mentioned that DS 4.5 would be launched. Does that mean if I have DS 4.0 installed it won't work, or is that just because you happen to have DS 4.5, rather DS 4.0, installed?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

When I had Studio 4.0, it worked fine together with Bryce 7.1. Now I have Studio 4.5 and it works with Bryce 7.1 as well.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Ah, OK. Thanks for the info Horo. ;-)

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how to fix the Daz 4.5 to Hexagon bridge problem on a Mac?

edited December 1969

I don't know about Macs ... but is it possible to search the harddrive for the dzInstall.ini file?

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info guys.

It's a little bit disappointing but this piece of information still holds true today.

Windows 7 and not using an admin account. But the funny thing is that even in the registry settings of my administrator I don't have anything pointing to Bryce7.

Either way; as mentioned earlier, if you simply add the registry key then you're home free. The only thing Bryce doesn't seem to like is when you try to start if from DS4 without actually having anything selected to send ;)

Bit confusing though; the Hexagon bridge relies on the ini file in ProgramData (which most likely has references to Bryce) whereas the Bryce plugin also relies on the registry.

Oh well; I can now create my sea-scape :)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hi all :)

I'm reviving this thread after being sent here from the Daz help desk - see ticket https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/177227

My issue is that the Studio to Bryce bridge doesn't work, although it works from Bryce to Studio and the Hexagon - Studio bridge works correctly in both directions. Studio gives me the error that I need to have Bryce 7.1.0.73 or higher installed - I have 7.1.0.109. It appears that its not the version number that Studio is not identifying correctly, but that Studio can't find any version of Bryce at all.

What I have picked up on this thread is that the location of the applications is registered in DzInstall.ini - which is in the correct directory, but I have no idea on how to read it to see whether Bryce is registered.

In one of the posts above it is mentioned that the register was edited to make it work correctly - be very much appreciated if someone could explain how to do the editing :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

Open the DzInstal.ini file in a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad, they come with Windows. The .ini file is only a text document so should be readable and editable. If you make any changes to the file save it with a different name, re-name the original and then rename the new one to the original name don't overwrite the original in case you need to go back to it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In dzinstall.ini under [ApplicationPath] there should be a line like:
    dzBryce7InstallDir=C:/DAZ 3D/Bryce7
    You can edit it with a plain-text editor like Notepad, although you may need to run Notepad as Admin.

edited December 1969

Thank you - on the right path!

Bryce is shown under application path, but not under installed application, although Hexagon and Studio are.

Is this the problem? If so, how do I fix?

[ApplicationPath]
    dzBryce7InstallDir=C:/Program Files (x86)/DAZ 3D/Bryce7
    dzBryceIconGroup=DAZ 3D/Bryce7
    dzBryceInstallDir=C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/Bryce7
    dzCarrara8InstallDir-64=C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/Carrara8
    dzHexagon2InstallDir=C:/Program Files (x86)/DAZ 3D/Hexagon2
    dzStudio4InstallDir-64=C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4

[InstalledApplications]
    dzHexagonInstalls=dzHexagon2InstallDir
    dzStudioInstalls=dzStudio4InstallDir-64

[InstalledApplicationKeys]
    dzHexagon2AppData=C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Hexagon2

[ContentPath]
    dzStudioContentLastDir=C:/Users/User/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/MyDaz Studio Library/Scripts/Utilities

edited December 1969

Would it just be a matter of putting the install path in.

Under

[InstalledApplications]
    dzStudioInstalls=dzStudio4InstallDir-64

put

dzBryceInstalls=dzBryceInstallDir

That is what I would try.

edited December 1969

Tried that, but no change :) So close I can smell, but can't see it.

Not worrying, still happy!

edited December 1969

Did you try the dzBryce7Installs one too, notice the 7 in this one.

edited December 1969

Tried that as well - just wondering from a zero knowledge base - under [InstalledApplicationKeys] there is an entry for Hexaogn, but nothing for Bryce.....and in an earlier post there was mention of adding a key?

edited December 1969

It worked for me ...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10508/P15/#170148
    It may have been overkill (I may or may not have needed one or two of all those install path keys)- but it works.
    :)

edited October 2014

The key you have to set is this one shown in red if it isn't there.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=38&aid=29378_ClMdhciwgabvo2iz4nkg&board_id=1

changing the path to where it is installed on your machine.

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all you assistance, everyone:) The issue is not important enough for me to go messing around in the registry.

Here is a final response from the helpdesk, for anyone else having this same issue.

This is a known bug the dev team is working on. And hopefully there will be a fix in the near future.
    The best way to get around this bug at the moment is to export your model out of Daz studio as and obj. When you go to do this a menu with come up asking what preset you would like to use. Use the Bryce preset and your models will open in Bryce fine.

• This seens to be an old post, but I'm facing this problem now.

The instructions to change registry on http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=166719&highlight;= are no longer available. 

On Windows 10, I have Daz4.9 and Bryce 7.1. To send from Daz to Bryce is working just fine, but when I tried to send from Bryce to Daz, it don't reconize the installed Daz Studio.

After select "File->Send to Daz Studio..." in choose version, nothing appears. 

This is the content from my .ini file:

[ApplicationPath]
    dzBryce7InstallDir=C:/Program Files (x86)/DAZ 3D/Bryce7
    dzBryceIconGroup=DAZ 3D/Bryce7
    dzBryceInstallDir=C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Bryce/Presets
    dzHexagon2InstallDir=C:/Program Files (x86)/DAZ 3D/Hexagon2
    dzStudio4InstallDir-64=C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4

[General]
    InstalledApplications=dzStudio4InstallDir-64

[InstalledApplications]

[InstalledApplicationKeys]
    dzHexagon2AppData=C:/Users/bruno_000/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Hexagon2

Anyone can help me?

• Found it,

It was just include line "dzStudioInstalls=dzStudio4InstallDir-64" above [InstalledApplications], it's working now.

• In 2016 using Daz Studio 4.9 and Bryce 7.1 Pro we still need to check

If NotExist Then Add

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio3]
    "InstallPath"=C:\\Program Files\\DAZ 3D\\DAZStudio4" 

To have a working bridge (Studio -> Bryce works without adding anything)

Chohole, Can we please sticky this thread? These registry edits in the post above mine are the only way to get the bridge working correctly from Bryce to DazStudio. Bryce 7.1 still looks for a Daz Studio 3 install, thus we have to update the path to point to DS 4 or the bridge will not operate from Bryce to DS. This is only necessary for users who never had DS3 installed such as new users or people reinstalling onto new OS or new computers entirely. Thanks Chohole!

For those not familiar you need to add a new String Value

Right click anywhere in the key window a tab NEW will appear

Select String Value

It will create a string called New Value #1

Change the name of that value to InstallPath

Once the name is changed right click on InstallPath and select Modify

In Value Data enter the following: C:\\Program Files\\DAZ 3D\\DAZStudio4

That should get you going fully. All the best!

• I hope someone answer :) New computer, win 10 and Daz to Bryce works fine but not the other way. I dont see ini files also I cant create new string because there is installpath already. Someone help!