SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

It's been broken for ages now...

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Sertorial said:

I'm told that if you upload an image with a different file extension than the one you previously uploaded, it will work. Though, I'm not sure how it works if you don't have an avatar to begin with. I assume it should upload fine. Have you actually tried, or are you assuming it was still broken based on the forum posts regarding it?
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Uploading a avatar the first time works fine. Changing it is a bit of a hassle as you need to change between the file extension. I've changed mine a a few times, first time it was a jpg, than a png, now it's a gif. Next time I go back to jpg again *smiles*

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited June 2013

Sertorial said:

I'm told that if you upload an image with a different file extension than the one you previously uploaded, it will work. Though, I'm not sure how it works if you don't have an avatar to begin with. I assume it should upload fine. Have you actually tried, or are you assuming it was still broken based on the forum posts regarding it?

aha! it's fixed! I asked the question assuming it was still broken (as I have tried to upload one several times since joining the forum and it's never worked)

:)

I finally have an avatar after 350 posts!

(why am I stupidly excited about this? I need to get out more)

Post edited by Sertorial on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah, so nice to see you now. Not exactly what I expected but still nice.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ah, so nice to see you now. Not exactly what I expected but still nice.

aah... you assumed I was a human. Yes, I get that a lot.

There is a small group of us amphibians using DAZ Studio, but it can be tricky using a mouse sometimes with slimy, webbed hands.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

You're not alone. I was pretty excited when I discovered I was finally able to upload an avatar too :D