can old textures work on newer mods

neois25neois25 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Im new and picking up really fast im just stomped on one thing if I buy say a Victoria 5 will the textures work on her to or only the mod that it says its compatible with like a later mod like Victoria 3 lol. if I buy a Victoria 3 compatible texture whn I don't have a Victoria 3 will it work on my Victoria 5

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

You can use V4 textures on Genesis by switching UV's within DS. I'm not sure about V3

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

At this time V4, M4 and K4 textures will work on Genesis, any Genesis shape, (Mostly) even the V5 shape. V5 uses a new UV map so textures for V5 are V5 or morphs of V5 only.

I hope this helps some.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    At this time V4, M4 and K4 textures will work on Genesis, any Genesis shape, (Mostly) even the V5 shape. V5 uses a new UV map so textures for V5 are V5 or morphs of V5 only.

I hope this helps some.

That's completely wrong. You can put V5 UVs on M5 if you wanted. Just like normal, switch the UV to V5. You just need to OWN the V5 model itself to get the UV.

Here's M5 wearing Gabi. lol

M5Gabi.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 803K
    edited December 1969

I simply did not know M5 and V5 were compatable. Never checked. Now I know.

• neois25neois25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thanks a lot guyz now I can buy more textures one more thing how can I get genital on my guy models I can get it for girls but for guys its insane what do I do

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I simply did not know M5 and V5 were compatable. Never checked. Now I know.

They're built on Genesis, not separate figures. All of the Genesis UVs are compatible with one another, just as Gen4 UVs are compatible with Genesis. You just change it in the surfaces tab.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

neois82 said:
    thanks a lot guyz now I can buy more textures one more thing how can I get genital on my guy models I can get it for girls but for guys its insane what do I do

The male gens from Daz are only available with the M5 pro pack. There are 3rd party ones available at other sites though. Since I'm not sure about the forum guidelines for linking to those sites I'll leave it for you to Google. :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2013

neois82 said:
    if I buy a Victoria 3 compatible texture whn I don't have a Victoria 3 will it work on my Victoria 5

Unfortunately no. However I've heard of people using Texture Convertor 2 to make V3 textures work on Genesis (by converting them to V4 UVs). I think you would need the whole TC2 bundle in order to do it.
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

The built in texture converter in DAZ Studio might do V3 to V4 then you could use the V4 version on Genesis. Never tried that myself but it is built in now.

edited June 2013

Jaderail said:
    The built in texture converter in DAZ Studio might do V3 to V4 then you could use the V4 version on Genesis. Never tried that myself but it is built in now.

It doesn't work that way. Gen3 textures can't be loaded onto Gen4 or 5 characters, and you'd need a character with access to both Gen3 and Gen4 UVs to use the map transfer util that way.

To convert Gen3 textures, you will need Texture Converter 2... or lots of patience to do it manually onto a V4 UV layout, which I don't think anybody has that kind of patience.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Ah, yet more info I can pass along. (EBIL GRIN) When I don't know I post and soon I learn. Love these forums. TY Vask.

edited December 1969

Haha np. =P

You get me with the gaming/mesh use licenses, and I get you with the technical stuff. Heh