WOW word of warning

2»

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I used to be real careful with on line games, I have 2 dummy email accounts for them. But it had been so long since I had any issues that I had got out of the habit of using them. The people at WOW said it wasn't them some one probably hacked my facebook account then tried my paypal, but that doesn't explain the avalanche of spam that flooded my email.

Does your Facebook account use your real e-mail? Does your PayPal account use your real e-mail? (Real e-mail == the account which is now receiving spam)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    "The point is that nothing is a waste of time if you accept enjoyment as a reward for it, "

Damn straight.

Any hobby can be considered a wast of time. "I have been playing video games as long as there have been video games" I say that so often I want the copy rights to it lol Really I started play with pong. Since I have been online; about 12 years, I have played 20 or so MMOs, I don't watch TV because 3/4 of it is crap; formulaic and repetitive. I'm not doing much CG because what I want to do I can't any more because DAZ broke it, so I play games.

At present I am unemployed; diagnosed with emphysema last October, so I had to give up my job at the grain elevator. Of coarse I fell through the crack on that one, not disabled but as the job service has said "unemployable". Fun stuff.

I used to be real careful with on line games, I have 2 dummy email accounts for them. But it had been so long since I had any issues that I had got out of the habit of using them. The people at WOW said it wasn't them some one probably hacked my facebook account then tried my paypal, but that doesn't explain the avalanche of spam that flooded my email.

None the less, as a word of warning, always use a dummy email for online games.

I remember playing "Pong" on a television. Then we played "Leisure Suit Larry" on a 1mb hard drive computer (that's something to think about). Then I believe it was "Wolfenstein 3D". Then it was "C&C Red Alert" and or "Age of Empires". Now the games are just crazy with all the things they can do. I don't really play games anymore, but I certainly enjoyed them when I was younger.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Ledhead said:
    ManStan said:
    "The point is that nothing is a waste of time if you accept enjoyment as a reward for it, "

Damn straight.

Any hobby can be considered a wast of time. "I have been playing video games as long as there have been video games" I say that so often I want the copy rights to it lol Really I started play with pong. Since I have been online; about 12 years, I have played 20 or so MMOs, I don't watch TV because 3/4 of it is crap; formulaic and repetitive. I'm not doing much CG because what I want to do I can't any more because DAZ broke it, so I play games.

At present I am unemployed; diagnosed with emphysema last October, so I had to give up my job at the grain elevator. Of coarse I fell through the crack on that one, not disabled but as the job service has said "unemployable". Fun stuff.

None the less, as a word of warning, always use a dummy email for online games.

I remember playing "Pong" on a television. Then we played "Leisure Suit Larry" on a 1mb hard drive computer (that's something to think about). Then I believe it was "Wolfenstein 3D". Then it was "C&C Red Alert" and or "Age of Empires". Now the games are just crazy with all the things they can do. I don't really play games anymore, but I certainly enjoyed them when I was younger.

Ahhh, so you played 'C&C: Red Alert' too? Me too!!

I'm not as heavily into games, and you can 'blame' DAZ3D for that (or any artist that has shown amazing skills). Incidentally gaming started to loosen interest for me around the time I started to frequent the DAZ-forums.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahhh, so you played 'C&C: Red Alert' too? Me too!!

Kari: Shake it baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGG3W786Kg

P.S. (Never date a Tiberium harvester driver. They're just crazy.)

• beregarberegar Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

XOTT said:
    Kari: Shake it baby!

This gave me a bad mental image since my dad's name is Kari. It's funny how the silly americans insist on giving male names for women. I mean names like Kari (my dad), Ari (my brother), Kim (mine), Mika (my friend) etc etc. ;)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

True, beregar. Kari is a normal name for women here in Norway. Anyone named Kari in the US is going to get me really confused.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

I wonder now though with a real life money auction house(if its in WOW too or just Diablo?) if people can actually make money with wow - at least it would be like a real paying job finally lol specially with all the time people invest into it.

This made me think of this "For the Win" book by Cory Doctorow - http://craphound.com/ftw/download/
    May be aimed at "young adults" (how old is that, anyway?), but it's a must-read for anyone living on this planet, I think. Not because it's about gold farming - it's about things older than that. I live in Russia and I'm not "well-off" by any means, but this book made me realise there's two different Third Worlds - mine and theirs. And I'm in the privileged one.

Speaking of games, especially Myst - I bought the "Masterpiece Edition" for my Mom in a sale a couple of days ago, on http://www.gog.com/ - it's a lovely lovely site for those who prefer "oldschool" gaming. My favourite games of all time are SimCity 2000, Heretic and Daggerfall! (yeah weird mix of genres, but I'm weird like that) I also L.O.V.E.d the original WarCraft back in the 90s, the single player strategy game, before it went online and turned into a MUD - OK it was WarCraft 2 actually, I never got to see the "original original" =D My brother had it on PlayStation. I'd love to buy a PC version now to relive those days, but looks like it's not available?

...and to the subject of these Kari-names in Nordic Europe... =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_G3VN0wo6I - Kari Tapio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILYr29aeSlc - Kari Rueslåtten

I wonder if there is a "Kari" name in Sweden, Denmark or Iceland?.. If it's a women's name there, then it's one of those distinct demarcation lines between Finland and Scandinavia =D *I do know there's much more than that, but most people around me don't...*