Tiffany character (as an example) - Question on fitting clothes and hair, plus good choices in the f

theengineertheengineer Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm new to Daz and on a bit of a learning curve. Can someone tell me what hair and clothes were used to make the example pictures for the Thorne/Sarsa Tiffany character (http://www.daz3d.com/tiffany)? Also any ideas how they were fitted (magnets, smoothing modifier, fit to)?

Also any suggestions for hair that is of as good quality as the bitmaps would be most welcome (plus would fit without too many hassles). Ditto for clothes. BTW I use V42 and have the V4morphs++.

Thanks!

John

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I recognize the outfit in the main promo image as Mada and Thorne's Seasons for V4 (there's a Genesis version available too). I don't recognize the other outfit, but someone else probably will.

The first hair appears to be Reby Sky Elite Hair (probably with the texture add-on). The other hair might be Aspasia but I'm not sure about that.

I don't know what fitting tricks (if any) might have been employed in the making of those renders, but in general any hair or clothing made for V4 should be fine to use on this character (assuming Morphs++ is supported).

• theengineertheengineer Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Many thanks for the reply. My best hair solution so far has been the Felicity Hair, it's okay but a bit low-res so suggestions are most welcome. (Rather than buying everything in sight I'm working my way up to it, but hair does seem a key thing to get right.) Do you have any general hair suggestions that are particularly good for close-in/hi-res viewing? Oh, and I just read your hair tutorial, handy you had that linked in your sig! I suspect making the eyes look good close-in will also be a problem but I think there will always be another issue...

BTW my fitting technique is (in the surfacing tab with move selected) RMB and choose the top object (if there is a show-through problem) and doing Edit->Object->Geometry->Apply Smoothing Filter... working okay so far but I'm still learning and collecting ideas.

John

Post edited by theengineer on
  • ElliandraElliandra Posts: 467
    edited December 1969

Hi John!
    The other outfit in the promos is from Rendo and comes with the Lorena Character by Rhiannon
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/-lorena-/66727
    The second hair I'm not sure about, it looks like something from SWAM but I can't find it. Any of the newer hairs in the store should be good for close-up renders though.
    http://www.daz3d.com/long?compat_figures=27

Hope this helps!
    Elli

edited December 1969

Yes, it does - thank you for getting back to me!
    John

edited December 1969

Actually I have a bonus question, which stems from your very handy hair search link - why are 9 of the hairs marked as Daz Studio 4.6 compatible and >200 as Daz Studio compatible, does Daz Studio 4.6 add anything to the render with these hairs, or is it more to do with how closely they integrate with it?

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 467
    edited December 1969

It has to do with the file format, the ones marked as DAZ Studio 4.5 or higher are in .DUF format which is for Genesis. Anything listed as just DAZ Studio will be in either .DSF (for Genesis) or a Poser format (For Gen4 Figures and sometimes Genesis Fit Morphs) that is useable in DAZ Studio.

Elli