Looking for "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf"

cclesuecclesue Posts: 420
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay so I downloaded DS 4.6 and when I opened it I got a number of "can't find" flags most of which I've been able to resolve. However the one I can't resolve is the one looking for "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf" what the heck is this and where do I find it? My Mac has a good search engine and I can't find it anywhere. Assuming I've dumped it somewhere along the line how do I get it?
And while we are at it why is so much buried so deep in the Documents folder of my User folder? Wouldn't it be better to put it all in the DAZ 3d file or some such?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials? The content is not included in the application installer.

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420
    edited December 1969

Yup I did and still can't find it. Where might it be?

edited December 1969

Where did you install it?

edited December 1969

That's my question. I used the famous DAZ 3d install manager and where the stuff goes???

edited December 1969

On the Ready to Install tab click "Show Details" and see what path it installed to. The default in DIM is not the same as the default DS and Poser use.

edited May 2013

Well there it is right where it's supposed to be. . . . . .so why can't DS4.6 see it? How do I guide to it?

Post edited by cclesue on
    edited December 1969

Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager
    Make sure that location is mapped as both DAZ Studio Format and Poser Format

edited December 1969

Thanks a bunch!!!:)

• DaveTheVoiceDaveTheVoice Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials? The content is not included in the application installer.

I too have the same problem except I had to manually download and install 4.6, the DIM wouldn't work with an error of "not a win32 program" Now I have searched the complete Hard Drive and cannot find the Genesis.dsf.

I did have it with 4.0 but now it's gone...

Where could it be?

edited December 1969

got it cleared up... thanks all

edited December 1969

I too have the same problem except I had to manually download and install 4.6, the DIM wouldn't work with an error of "not a win32 program" Now I have searched the complete Hard Drive and cannot find the Genesis.dsf.

Where could it be?

DS4.0 had the application and content in a single installer. DS4.6 has it split, the content is in Genesis Starter Essentials. The user-facing files are now .duf rather than .dsf, so if you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and it's listing Genesis.dsf as the startup scene, change it to Genesis.duf

It sounds like the download of the DIM installer is corrupted -- clear your browser cache and try redownloading.

edited December 1969

Where could it be?

DS4.0 had the application and content in a single installer. DS4.6 has it split, the content is in Genesis Starter Essentials. The user-facing files are now .duf rather than .dsf, so if you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and it's listing Genesis.dsf as the startup scene, change it to Genesis.duf

It sounds like the download of the DIM installer is corrupted -- clear your browser cache and try redownloading.

Thanks for the tip on the DIM, I'll try that.

As to the Genesis.duf, also not on my hard drive either...

edited December 1969

Where could it be?

Thanks for the tip on the DIM, I'll try that.

As to the Genesis.duf, also not on my hard drive either...

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials?

edited June 2013

Wasn't that part of the package? If not I didn't. Like I said it was included in the previous DAZ Installation...

So how or where do I get what was initially part of the original product?

Also after clearing my cache, now the download of DIM is "incomplete or a corrupt file". I'll try to DL it from another source...

So complicated...

:coolhmm:

Post edited by DaveTheVoice on
    edited December 1969

If you go to your Product Library page, Genesis Starter Essentials will show up as a separate item.

edited December 1969

FINALLY found it and downloading it now. Also FINALLY got the DIM to work.

Thanks for all!