@RAM - Little Fuzzy?

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Are you still working on this little guy?

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

He is waiting for the LAMH plug-in which will go into beta testing in the next two weeks or so hopefully. %-P

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Makes sense. Thanks! Looking forward to both of them. :D

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ooh yes, I'd love to see a Fuzzy put together with LamH. Been a while since I last read the books, I think they're up in the attic somewhere.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh yes, all great reads. Love the 'change' in the character Victor Grego in "Fuzzy Sapiens".
    Then the novel "Fuzzy Bones" written by William Tuning to continue the series. Rare that after the original author's death a series is picked up so well. Just the power of Fuzzies I guess. :)
    Same as unlike some, I've no problem that the true third installment, "Fuzzies and Other People" doesn't completely jibe. How could it when Piper's manuscript wasn't discovered till a few years afterwards?
    Still, ALL of them are good reads and am looking forwards to some summer kicking back in the hammock time to re-enter that world myself. :)

Not to mention render some Fuzzies! ;)

Cheers.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Yea, waiting for that and these forums and store to be more solid. Not enjoying coming here as much right now.... not worry, I have all my old links updated to access them so it will be easy enough to get most of the old text and reupload the pictures per post when I start revving up again on this and Bruno!

• ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

can't wait to see this little fuzzy....i hope your still going to offer up the big eye morph?

edited December 1969

All my work will be offered. I wouldn't not offer it. :-)

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Are you basing LIttle Fuzzy on Michael Whelan'sFuzzy painitngs? Will it come with a shoppo-diggo? ;)

Really looking forward to this - I've long been a Fuzzy fan (just finished reading Fuzzy Bones for the umpteenth time, and the same for Little Fuzzy).

edited December 1969

Fuzzy was a lesson for me in allot of ways in what was possible with Genesis. Without the fur it's still cute but until the fur plugin is released by Alex I'm holding off any further work on it!

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Posting in the hopes of notifications......

edited December 1969

Worked on the little Fuzzie today a bit in ZBrush. Now that I'm a bit more used to the scale and move tools managed to get him tiny enough. Got him imported as a morph for Genesis but waiting for the program to recover since, like a fool, invoked the Properties Editor. What a slow tool that is when you have a figure that's got allot going for it. Really wish DAZ would work on speeding that tool up a bit more. Need to try to remember the sequence of getting the bones refit to the new size and then do that ERC Freeze thing and save it out as a morph like that.

edited June 2013

So the property tool is naturally a sluggish pile of arse? Last time I clicked the button I force-quit DS. lol I don't remember it being like that in DS4.0.

Good to hear you're working on the fuzzball again. =D

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Well I found the Adjust Rigging to Shape under the Joint Editor and that's good but I can't find the ERC Freeze there. I really hate that Properties Editor. Right after I posted it crashed the program and had to start the morph save bit all over again. GRRRRRRRRRR

edited December 1969

Thought I'd show you the new size shape compared to Genesis. As you can see the bones are adjusted but yea, scared to try that stupid Properties Editor again to ERC Freeze it.

After I manage to get that done, if I get that done, I'll work on some better shaping for the little guy. I know right now it looks like a shrunk down Genesis with a head morph. The 3 finger and 4 toed morphs I made a while back are all part of the full body morph! I also want to put a morph in the SuperSuit I'm still working on to fit the little one as well! :-)

PABFuzzie-Genesis.jpg
    997 x 997 - 90K
    edited December 1969

Here is some body shaping from feedback from the old thread.

Thighs shortened, body thickened up, hands and feet enlarged and thickened up and head enlarged. Looking more like it should I think!

PABFuzzie-BodyShaping.jpg
    732 x 846 - 62K
    edited December 1969

*squee* Can't wait until the little guy's finished. I actually forgot about it until you revived the thread. lol /hangs head

edited December 1969

LOL... one thing EVERYONE needs to know about me. I'm dyslexic and have ADDA. I think that's one reason why I went into hairdressing. It forces me to stay with one thing until completion but on my own I'm all over the place.

I literally have about 7 projects all in production.

One day I might want to work on Bruno, another on the Supersuit, another on the SuperCape, another Fuzzie, another Bruno Skin, another SuperSet boots, gloves, mask, shorts..... Just depends on where I am in my head that day.

NONE of the projects that folks think I petered out on are shelved permanently.

Now mind you Fuzzie was on the shelf for longer than I really wanted him to be but that was allot to do with the Look At My Hair plugin being updated. That huge update is now in beta and will hopefully be in our hungry little hands in the not to distant future so today I thought "I need to work on Fuzzie" :-)

edited June 2013

There's no shame in that. I'm a gamer and do the same thing. I may play an RPG one day, a shooter the next.. Just Dance on the Wii one day and then crawl into Mechwarrior Online. Prevents things from getting boring. =P

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Yea, creative types, from what I know from conversations, all seem to have something going on with them where they need constant stimulation. LOL I know that's me, esp all things creative.

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Here is some body shaping from feedback from the old thread.

Thighs shortened, body thickened up, hands and feet enlarged and thickened up and head enlarged. Looking more like it should I think!

Looks wonderful! I'm so happy that you're doing this.

edited December 1969

Ran into some issues. Richard H. is helping via PM's so hopefully I can get them resolved. I actually restructured his face a bit (actually more like his skull shape, neck thickness and redid the hands and feet.

When I did the rigging adjust something happened with the inner mouth so not sure what happened there. I'm hoping what I've done in ZBrush will help fix that. If not I'll bother Richard H. again. About ready to give it another go and see what happens. Reworked the little guy 4 times today. Not sure if adjusting the rigging to work with such a tiny figure is really good but I may get away with it yet! lol

edited December 1969

Hmmm, ran into yet another issue. Now this one I'm not sure about. The weight mapping is messing up how things are bending but not sure if saving this little guy out with new weight mapping information is OK to do and WILL IT be saved into the morph file or what??

When I would pose the arms collars up they would sink into the body, when I posed them down the lats would literally shoot out from the sides. With my weight mapping custom fix it all is working fine again but .... there's that question... will it save out with the morph information?

If this is fixable I will have to go over the rest of the joints and see what all needs attention....

RightCollarFixed-LeftCollarNotFixed.jpg
    1414 x 907 - 125K
    edited December 1969

Well that sucks. I went ahead and saved it out after ERC Freeze in hoping it would lock in the weight mapping for the figure... nope, lost all that. Posing this will not work very well until I get this figured out. :-(

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The WIP looks great so far. I've just been looking at the covers of the various Fuzzy books, though, and there's a lot of variation. I have the Ace "too long out of print!" reprint of LF from the late 70s with the Michael Whelan cover, and all the other books I have use the same model (knee-high, tubby, persian-cat fluffy with lion-like mane and big round eyes) so that's been my mental image of "what a Fuzzy really looks like" for the last 20-odd years. Some of the others coming up in a Google Images search, though, are very odd-looking indeed.

edited December 1969

Hey Mr. Thanks for popping in. Yea, I studied a few of the paintings and drawings of the Fuzzies and there are variations (which makes sense. we all look different)

SO I embarrassingly admit, I grabbed one of my older files and loaded that up to begin working on things again. I guess I must have made quite the mess because well... nothing I did improved it until I bothered to look at the Info tab and saw the date.... Oooops. So since I had a really good, symmetrical Fuzzie head morph, my three finger morph and my four toe morph I just decided it's time to delete these older files and yea,,,, start over! lmao! Go figure. In the back of my mind I knew I was going to but kept at it driving myself nuts.

So I decided I'm going to do 3 sizes. Genesis default, seen below, a hip height and then the typical knee height. I spent about an hour working on the body shape in ZBrush and I'm happy enough with it. I kept in mind the shorter torso and thighs so made sure to make that so. Fattened up the fingers, palms and feet and toes, reshaped the skull since I really liked how that looked on that troublesome older file. So I imagine as I shorten this form up in ZBrush I'll concentrate on making sure the torso and thighs stay stubby and the body eventually tubs out the shorter it gets.

I look at the tall one as a cross breed somehow giving the genetic make up the face and extremities as the Fuzzie and the body more normal sized. Their bodies are humanoid so who knows, perhaps cross breeding would be possible.

RAM-PABFuzzie-Full_-_Tall.jpg
    997 x 997 - 83K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

If you are still having problems with ERC this might help. The graphics don't load with the pages for me but the links still work

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/

edited December 1969

OK, got the medium one done. Made him a bit more pudgy and looks good. Just about at the hip as I mentioned in the previous post.

PABTallMedFuzzies.jpg
    997 x 997 - 83K
    PABTallMedFuzzies-02.jpg
    997 x 997 - 104K
    edited December 1969

May go over the medium one again. The head is a bit smallish. But other than that things work as they are supposed to.

Thanks for the link. Yea, found that too and bookmarked it for later reference. I'm sure I'll forget again. I'm so dunta sometimes!

edited December 1969

Littlest Fuzzie....... YAY!

Issue with it being this small is that most of the standard poses will not work with it. I thought I had an issue but upon posing it by hand I found the joints seem to be OK. There area couple of bits but I don't know how to fix joint parameters yet.

If someone knows how to go about making those sorts of adjustments then please post a link to a tutorial.... vids or images help greatly.

RAM-PABFuzzie-Full-Small.jpg
    997 x 997 - 158K
    edited December 1969

Perfect example. Here is Fuzzie Small in a sit pose I made a while back when I was first designing the little guy. While the pose works with other shapes and sizes it doesn't work with Fuzzie Small! :-( Notice the shoulders are sunken in and there is a bit popping out at the ankle. I'm sure there are other issues too but this pose shows two glaring ones.

FuzzieSmall-SitPose_shows_issues.jpg
    997 x 997 - 103K