Surprises?

I found surprises in my DIM when I went in to install something I bought. I found six items that I didn't buy. I checked with my sister and she has the same surprises in hers as well.

Dark Fantasy Weapons for Genesis 3 and 8 Female
​Das Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environment
Rocker Outfit for Genesis 8 Female
Secret Garden Shaded Haven
Shadow Thief Outfit for Genesis 8 Female
​Shadow Thief textures

Is this part of March Madness? Whatever it is, thank you DAZ!

Comments

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

Same here!  Seems to be an addition to default DS content.  Check the bottom of the product pages.  For example:  On https://www.daz3d.com/secret-garden-shaded-haven it says it's in the Daz Studio 4.X bundle.

Sweet.  Free goodies.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763

E-Arkham, I just found that out a minute ago. My sister was looking at them and she discovered they've been added to DAZ Studio. It was a nice surprise.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

yes   great stuffs

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Wow, nice. These are in my product library too. Thanks so much DAZ

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

Me too! Really good stuffs. Thanks Daz...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

It seems I had already purchased all the new additions except one: DM's Memorial. Nonetheless, thanks.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Really nice gift, thanks DAZ!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thank you Daz! Thanks @melanie for alerting us to these freebies! smiley

• Jonathan BJonathan B Posts: 114
    edited March 2018

I just looked in my product library and all of these indicate that they are a part of the Daz Studio 4.x Pro bundle. Thank you Daz for the content additions.

Post edited by Jonathan B on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    Not a gift for me. Already bought it
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

which one?

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

which one?

The Rocker outfit.  It was part of this bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/rocker-chic-bundle

rocker_chick_bundle_image_b_fixed.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 466K
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

The only one I already had was the HDRIs (fabulous set, BTW)

Thanks Daz!

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180

Thanks DAZ, I popped in the forums just to ask this after finding them in my product list just now. 

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167

Hah... I see it too. Wondering if it was a mistake. But I check my Product Library and see "Order: Manually Added"

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

..nothing new on my end, but then I'm still on the 4.10 beta as it's been extremely stable for me.

• Got all seven new items.  Nice!  Seems Daz is including them as part of the basic 4.x package.  If you go to any of the product pages (e.g. Shadow Thief Outfit), it says it is included in Daz Studio 4.x Pro.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

Already had some of it but got a couple of nice new outfits and the HDRIs (which I wanted to buy anyway at some point) - thanks Daz :)

...not a big deal as I haven't jumped on the G8 wagon (satisfied with my investment in G2 and G3) and rarely do any Iray rendering anymore due to the GPU price situation. 

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

Cool! I thought it was a glitch so I was going to open a ticket to tell Daz that a glitch had given me 5 things I hadn't paid for but I decided to check here first.

I already owned Dark Fantasy Weapons for Genesis 3 and 8 Female ​and Daz Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environment but the others are a very nice surprise. I'm especially surprised at the texture set for Shadow Thief being included. Daz rarely includes extra textures for free. When you buy a DO product it usually has only one texture because they love to double dip and make you pay twice.

I wonder if they are trying to nudge the holdouts to upgrade to the latest version or something?

Anyway: Thanks for the cool free stuff Daz!

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Huh. I just made a big i13 purchase and saw these in my product library and was wondering "When did I buy these and why???"
    Thought it was time to call my shrink. "Doc, my MPD is acting up again!"
    Why on earth would I even buy a G8-only outfit?
    Thanks for the scare, DAZ. Almost had my meds adjusted. Again.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610
    edited March 2018
    kyoto kid said:

...not a big deal as I haven't jumped on the G8 wagon (satisfied with my investment in G2 and G3) and rarely do any Iray rendering anymore due to the GPU price situation. 

I fully intend to use the outfits on G3 as well (I'm mostly sticking with G3, but have a G8 character (Shangrila) now too).  One outfit (Rocker) has a native G3 version, and the other can use with a G8-to-G3 clone :)

Post edited by Silent Winter on

..interesting it says "purchased", for both but doesn't show up in my DIM.

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 192

Thanks DAZ yes

• Thanks, DAZ! :)

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • What a nice surprise :-) Thank you, Daz!