DForm question...

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When a hair figure has a DForm slider, what is it supposed to do? I don't see it 'doing' anything.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Is it on V4? It's slider that controls how strongly any DForms (magnets) affect the model, you will see a difference only if there's a magnet having a noticeable effect (in which case lowering the setting will lower the effect).

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Is it on V4? It's slider that controls how strongly any DForms (magnets) affect the model, you will see a difference only if there's a magnet having a noticeable effect (in which case lowering the setting will lower the effect).

Still confused ...:red:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm lost on this one myself. Which hair has a Deform slider if I may ask? I understand pose sliders, I do not remember seeing a deform slider before.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm lost on this one myself. Which hair has a Deform slider if I may ask? I understand pose sliders, I do not remember seeing a deform slider before.

Beloved hair, here at Daz.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

To see what a DForm slider does, create a new Sphere primitive, select it and create a new DForm. Scale the DForm's filed to be smaller than the sphere and move it up so it's around the pole of the sphere. Now drag the actual DForm part up to pull the top of the sphere out. If you select the sphere you will see, in the Parameters pane, that it has a DForm group - go to that and adjust the slider, watch how it affects the distortion of the sphere.

Victoria 4 has several built-in magnets (DForms) that adjust her shape as you pose. When you fit a hair or clothing model to her in DS the DFOrms get applied to the fitted item too, so that it doesn't get left behind when the effect kicks in on V4, and that's why you have the slider on the hair, I think.

edited December 1969

To see what a DForm slider does, create a new Sphere primitive, select it and create a new DForm. Scale the DForm's filed to be smaller than the sphere and move it up so it's around the pole of the sphere. Now drag the actual DForm part up to pull the top of the sphere out. If you select the sphere you will see, in the Parameters pane, that it has a DForm group - go to that and adjust the slider, watch how it affects the distortion of the sphere.

Victoria 4 has several built-in magnets (DForms) that adjust her shape as you pose. When you fit a hair or clothing model to her in DS the DFOrms get applied to the fitted item too, so that it doesn't get left behind when the effect kicks in on V4, and that's why you have the slider on the hair, I think.

Ahhhhhh ... thanks for explaining that. I am just now learning a little about DForm, but that makes sense, now.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep, I'm all clear now. Thanks for the info.