Buy Your DAZ Budget = Free Money!

KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Okay, by "Free Money" I meant free DAZ store credit, but still! I spend my DAZ budget on a DAZ Gift Card and apply it to my own store credit balance, then I don't have to worry about payment gliches when trying to buy time-sensitive stuff or putting multiple small purchases from the same site on my card -- been doing it for years. Now DAZ is giving discounts on their Gift Cards! Buy yourself a $200 card and you get $200 of DAZ store credit for $170! :wow: Thanks DAZ!

The graphic below's currently at the bottom of the Sales & Promotions page -- I've got no idea how long this is gonna last. :ahhh:

Post edited by KickAir 8P on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

Okay, by "Free Money" I meant free DAZ store credit, but still! I spend my DAZ budget on a DAZ Gift Card and apply it to my own store credit balance, then I don't have to worry about payment gliches when trying to buy time-sensitive stuff -- been doing it for years. Now DAZ is giving discounts on their Gift Cards! Buy yourself a $200 card and you get $200 of DAZ store credit for $170! :wow: Thanks DAZ!

The graphic below's currently at the bottom of the Sales & Promotions page -- I've got no idea how long this is gonna last. :ahhh:

Hey, thanks for posting! Good deal.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

If it lasts until after Gift-Mass, I can probably take advantage of it. But I don't have $50 left in my fun money budget, let alone that I can dedicate to spending at DAZ.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

let alone that I can dedicate to spending at DAZ.

That's just it, I don't necessarily want to dedicate the money either!

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Only trouble is I bought $100 GC and didn't get any money off & didn't realise until after I paid for it so I'll have to contact support.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

rory7411 said:
    Only trouble is I bought $100 GC and didn't get any money off & didn't realise until after I paid for it so I'll have to contact support.

Huh -- worked for me just fine, right before I posted above. And it's still up on the Sales & Promotions page, even after I refesh the cache to make sure I'm not looking at old graphics. Yeah, contacting support's the way to go -- sorry. 8-/
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Hmm works on 50 and 200 but not 100 for some reason.

edited December 2012

anikad said:
    Hmm works on 50 and 200 but not 100 for some reason.

That sounds like a genuine glitch rather than discounter's remorse. :coolsmirk: Contacting Support should prove helpful.
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

Is there an expiration on gift cards?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No they don't expire

edited December 1969

The graphic below is today's promopic at the bottom of the Sales/Promotions page -- it says "while they last" so does anybody know what that's supposed to mean? Is the cutoff tied to an overall volume limit? Or if it's just referring to a sale end-date, anybody know when that is?

screenshot.05-12-2012_09_.20_.09_.png
    962 x 395 - 503K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 2012

chohole said:
    No they don't expire

I bought a GC today and when I did "Status" before claiming the GC, this came up - is this not an expiry date?

ETA: Oh, and by the way it was for $100 and the discount is now apparently working - I got it for $ 90

GC-Temp.JPG
    640 x 279 - 32K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Yes I too am seeing an expiry date.

edited December 1969

What even once you have entered it into your account to use.

When I say they have no expiry date, I meant that the actual money on them doesn't expire, once they are redeemed and added to your account as store credit.

edited December 1969

Yes, the expiry date is still showing.

edited December 1969

Once mine is showing as store credit it doesn't show an expiry date, but we will check for you if you think that yours is once redeemed.

edited December 1969

screen snip

giftcard.JPG
    226 x 64 - 11K
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    screen snip

Where's that from?
    Have you gone here and "redeemed" your gift card? This will transform it into store credit, and I can't see an expiration date on that...

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/giftcard/customer/

edited December 1969

Okay, by "Free Money" I meant free DAZ store credit, but still! I spend my DAZ budget on a DAZ Gift Card and apply it to my own store credit balance, then I don't have to worry about payment gliches when trying to buy time-sensitive stuff or putting multiple small purchases from the same site on my card -- been doing it for years. Now DAZ is giving discounts on their Gift Cards! Buy yourself a $200 card and you get $200 of DAZ store credit for $170! :wow: Thanks DAZ!

FYI:
    screenshot.07-06-2013_13_.22_.17_.png
    246 x 265 - 96K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

I always buy gift cards. Sadly this promo came out AFTER I bought my monthly gift card. I probably will buy one to use next month, since it is a good deal.