How to make V4 chubby?

iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I get tired of the thin model v4 body and I want to make her have some meat on her bones sometimes but I've tried 'voluptuous' and it doesn't really work that well.
I will post my best work with a 'chubby' model but she really isn't that chubby...
I tried doing another last night and I cannot post it because of nudity.
Also I don't know if this pic is appropriate either but I also have a lot of trouble with 'chubby' girls and clothes because the clothes don't fit right so I have to make them pre much nude except for the underwear in this pic.

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

You'll need this...
    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-morphs

To get her plumped up.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    You'll need this...

To get her plumped up.

I have morphs ++ but I still can't figure out how to do what i want to do. Isn't Voluptuous part of morphs ++?
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

iDiru said:
    I get tired of the thin model v4 body and I want to make her have some meat on her bones sometimes but I've tried 'voluptuous' and it doesn't really work that well.
    I will post my best work with a 'chubby' model but she really isn't that chubby...
    I tried doing another last night and I cannot post it because of nudity.
    Also I don't know if this pic is appropriate either but I also have a lot of trouble with 'chubby' girls and clothes because the clothes don't fit right so I have to make them pre much nude except for the underwear in this pic.

Are you using Poser or Daz?

edited December 1969

iDiru said:
    tsarist said:
    You'll need this...

To get her plumped up.

I have morphs ++ but I still can't figure out how to do what i want to do. Isn't Voluptuous part of morphs ++?
    Yes it is.

I'm not at my computer, but I will try to tell you by memory.
    I'm assuming you've already opened Daz (or Carrara)
    1). Select V4.
    2). Goto Poses
    3). Scroll down until you see either V4 Poses (it may be Victoria 4 Poses), open that
    4), Somewhere there you should see v4 ++ (or something to that effect).
    5). Double click. It will take a short time loading it into her.
    6).Goto the V4 in the tree. Open it so you can see all the individual parts.
    7). Now you should see something saying "Full Body Morphs"
    8. Open that and select Voluptuous or Heavy or whatever you want.

That should get you up and running.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Put some Heavy and Pear Figure in there, and play with the morphs for the glutes/thighs and other individual body parts. Reversing some of the slimming morphs can also help. Voluptuous is more 'curvy' than 'chubby.'

edited December 1969

and reduce the leg length.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

If you're using morphs ++, you should be able to get what you need using a combination of various full body morph dials, like, voluptuous, bulk, heavy, pear, increasing the percentages slowly and seeing the effect.

Then you can pinpoint areas on the body for some fine tuning, specifically the breast, abdomen, and hips to give the model's added weight some details and definition.

chubbyv4-6.jpg
    468 x 600 - 146K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

There's also the Big & Beautiful presets, which use Morphs++ and create some pretty good BBW looks: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/big-beautiful-for-v4/76475

I no longer work with Generation 4, but my V4 products are still up at Rendo, and they uniformly support the Heavy/PearFigure morphs.

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I have made a number of heavy women. The main problem I have is clothes. The last one had to go nude. I even tried the new fitting room in poser 2014 but gave up. I couldn't stretch them enough. I have used some of sickleyield's clothing and for those not too fat, they have worked well on v4 and genesis.

edited December 1969

batesyboy said:
    I have made a number of heavy women. The main problem I have is clothes. The last one had to go nude. I even tried the new fitting room in poser 2014 but gave up. I couldn't stretch them enough. I have used some of sickleyield's clothing and for those not too fat, they have worked well on v4 and genesis.

You're right about clothing.
    One workaround is to use SecondSkins.
    This is very limiting in choice, but they can't go about nude.

You can get some pretty curvaceous women into clothes by Pretty3D, if you don't want SecondSkins.

edited December 1969

I was not talking curvaceous; I was talking fat with flab and big bellies, hips, etc. The idea of second skin was a good one, but from what I can tell they are only for V3 and the figure is V4. Since the clothes files are pz2, I can't use clothing converter to make them for V4. If you have any other ideas, they would be much appreciated. Otherwise, i have been creating scenes where I have used them nude.

edited June 2013

Well Daz Studio has a option called transfer active morphs. It basically fits your clothing to any custom or dialled shape on V4. 1 click and you get a good fit. Just enable smoothing and pokethrough is gone. I got tired of using Morphing Clothes and other long methods. With transfer active morphs its done in 5 seconds. But this is if you use DS as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I use DS4.5 for 99% of my work. I had tried transferring active morphs but for some reason it didn't work. I cannot remember why, but I'll try it again tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to use it? Thanks in advance.

edited June 2013

I just click on the clothes and go transfer active morphs..and add smoothing collisions at a value of 3. I'm not at my pc so I cannot check the exact steps, but it should be as simple as that.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

batesyboy said:
    I was not talking curvaceous; I was talking fat with flab and big bellies, hips, etc. The idea of second skin was a good one, but from what I can tell they are only for V3 and the figure is V4. Since the clothes files are pz2, I can't use clothing converter to make them for V4. If you have any other ideas, they would be much appreciated. Otherwise, i have been creating scenes where I have used them nude.

I think Darkworld over at Renderosity still sells quite a few products which include second skins, but I don't think that there is much variety between them-

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Adam Thwaites of Most Digital as a free 'Fit & Flabby' morphs, its towards the bottom of this page here:-

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_25.htm

No registration needed.

edited December 1969

I appreciate all the help. I checked out Darkworld's Second skins and I am looking for everyday real people clothes. I did try transferring morphs again, and I need to play with more types of clothing. I think this might work OK. The dress I had was too different from the figure I created.

edited December 1969

batesyboy said:

I hear what you're saying batesyboy, but I can only offer what I know.
    Once a V4 gets past a certain weight, the choice of clothing shrinks down greatly.

Darkworld's SecondSkins are an excellent option, but if you want everyday clothes, you're out of luck with those.

The clothes that get about the biggest are from Pretty3D. Do they get fat? No. They get bigger than most. Those are the clothes I use for big girls.

There was a character, I think named Bertha, available from Renderosity. She was fat and had flab. I'll have to look it up. She came with a short dress that was the biggest piece of clothing I have ever seen with a figure.

There is also a character that has second skin jeans, but i can't remember off hand.

Best of luck!

edited June 2013

batesyboy said:

Clothing fits fine on heavy \overweight and custom v4 characters In Daz4.5. Did these two out fits in 3 min. I used transfer utility, transfer active morphs and smoothing collision. With smoothing collision you can scale the areas tighter on the figure and the smoothing will fix the poke through. I spend max 5 min fitting clothes. Any longer and it is not a solution in my eyes, but more of an inconvenience. I want to render not spend all my time getting clothes to fit. That should be quick automated process, not something you have to struggle with. Any other small issues I just fix in postwork.

1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 126K
    2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 130K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I don't know why I have not been using transfer morphs on a regular basis. What a wonderful asset. Zev0, you are correct. It was so fast and smooth. I haven't positioned the person yet, but in the default mode it was great. Thanks so much. Now I wish I hadn't bought so many utulities that I didn't need including Poser Pro 2014 which I only purchased for the fitting room component.

edited June 2013

You are welcome:) Fitting room is mainly for fitting clothing on alternative figures, for V4, Daz suites me just fine.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

After I read Zev0's post, I decided to add the instructions to my WIP I have been writing for a year now. It is called Notes on DAZ and Vue Integration and can be found at http://www.perpetualvisions.com. The link is on the Message Board. This part is near the end of the tutorial. Again, I want to than Zev0 for pointing this method out to me. There is so much to learn in DAZ that so much can be missed.

edited June 2013

NP...:) Glad I could be of any use lol..Saw your site..Some nice in-depth tuts:)

Post edited by Zev0 on