does anyone know if Feathered Mask for V4 at RDNA is DAZ compatible?

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.runtimedna.com/Masque-Feathered-Mask-for-V4.html

There is no specific mention of DAZ compatibility/incompatibility in the description.

However, 2 addon products there do say they are compatible but there is no mention of the base product.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Masque-Feathered-Mask-for-V4.html

There is no specific mention of DAZ compatibility/incompatibility in the description.

However, 2 addon products there do say they are compatible but there is no mention of the base product.

I don't own this one however from reading the description; it appears to be 'partially' compatible. The MC6 files are Poser only ... and the shaders mentioned are also Poser's. The non-shader mat poses should load something .... worse case scenario would be to load the item and manually set up the materials using the Surface Tools ... materials would need tweaking anyway which is normal as Poser and D/S read things differently.

The only caution I would mention is that items are not necessarily 'returnable' if they do not work in D/S.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

It is a pity if it is going to be a hassle because it is such an amazing product.

edited December 1969

Well some items are worth the effort. It does appear to be quite the headpiece.

edited December 1969

I am trying to find, ideally, an ornate feathered headdress vaguely aztec/mayan/whatever and this is the only thing nearest to that that I have found so far.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    I am trying to find, ideally, an ornate feathered headdress vaguely aztec/mayan/whatever and this is the only thing nearest to that that I have found so far.

Funny, it was reminding me of something I've in mind - seen for that as well.

Give me a few minutes to buy it and let's check it out.

edited December 1969

Thanks in advance for this.

I am really just a newbie when it comes to getting your hands 'dirty' with this sort of stuff.

• ArienArien Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

If it's for Gen4, chances are that the model itself is compatible, but unless there are specific DS materials included, you might have to make adjustments to the materials yourself. RDNA *does* test in DS, so if there was any specific compatibility issue in the basics, it would say so in the product description.

Checking it, it does say that there are basic material settings for "easy import into other software", I would think that could be read as "to use as starting point in DS". Just don't expect to be able to load the P9 materials in DS because those will definitely not work, for obvious reasons.

edited June 2012

Yes! It loads :-)

Just a couple of very quick test renders [have to shut down computer soon due to heat wave] ...
    "as they load" with no tweaking ;-)

n.b. textures do include the actual feather images so you can set up proper D/S mats ....
    Pose file does include option to turn off/on the "handles".

works2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 176K
    works.jpg
    600 x 600 - 178K
    asitloads.png
    551 x 284 - 95K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Great news!

Looks like they will now make another sale.

Have you ever done a Google image search for something like 'aztec feather headdress'? You get these mind boggling images coming back.

edited December 1969

Sure do.

Be careful with images searches though [using WOT on Firefox helps] ... some of the security features on some websites are compromised when approached indirectly and attacks happen.

edited December 1969

All my searching is done from Linux with Firefox so I am fairly well insulated from attacks, although you can't be too complacent!

Actually I run Windows in a virtual machine on top of Linux and I only run Studio4 in it.

I have just bought the Headdress and the 2 addons. Fun and games through the night I can see coming up.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

I think it looks lovely in Ds :) I did change the poser files to pz2 files using this tutorial
    http://www.poserpedia.com/index.php?title=Converting_mc6_mt5_files_to_pz2_Tutorial

Ali and I are doing some textures for this which will be include DS textures but when they will be ready I am not quite sure :)

edited December 1969

I look forward to seeing the results. Please post in this thread when you have them ready.

Are they going to be feather textures? The RDNA page mentioned the flexibility to do leaves, petals and much more.

edited December 1969

I have been trying to see how large I can get the headdress. This is it on M5.

test45-2ax.jpg
    386 x 500 - 19K
  • gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Got to say this intrigued me since I first saw it in the store and I did find out it works in studio. The add-ons for it work for sure. Have some scenes in mind for using it. :)

edited December 1969

Oh I've got an idea for texturing these! [just need some more days in the hours lol ...]

edited December 1969

An (almost) final image using the headdress - 'Archangel':

test45a-4.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 477K
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

It has taken some time :) But you did ask to be notified.

But Mix n Match for the Masque is in the store now at Runtimedna. All the textures are of course DAZ compatible

http://www.runtimedna.com/Mix-N-Match-for-Masque.html