shortcut keys not working daz studio 4...

edited December 1969 in The Commons

A few days back, i started up daz studio 4 as i normally do...and when i hit "ctrl+Z" to undo a mistake i noticed it wouldn't undo it,same deal when i hit the "delete" key it wouldn't remove the items from the scene. Ctrl+y is no longer redoing actions either..i have to constantly use the menu to do anything now and it's cutting into my workflow. why is it suddenly doing this? reinstalling didn't fix it either :<</p>

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862
    edited December 1969

Try reloading your layout (Window>Workspace>Select layout) or custom actions (Edit>Customise or, for DS 4.5, Window>Customise).

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2012

Oh my God! This happens to me too! :bug:

I had no idea it could be fixed that way. However, there is no such "Customize" option in either my Edit or Window menus...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited June 2012

Oh my God! This happens to me too! :bug:

I had no idea it could be fixed that way. However, there is no such "Customize" option in either my Edit or Window menus...

In that case go to Windows > Workspace > Select Layout. I had another user, two days ago, saying that some menu commands went missing when the layout changed without help from the user. ;) The Ghost in the machine and all that. :)

Once you get the desired layout back and all is well either press F4 or Windows > Workspace > Save Layout as...and save your layout with a more memorable name. My memory is fairly bad these days (yep getting old) so I did this early on once I got my Layout how I wanted it. Plus it is customised so saving it made sense too.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862
    edited December 1969

I had the location of Customise wrong for Ds4.5 - it's Edit>Workspace>Customise. The command may be missing when using the Full Service (beta) layout, as it hides several "advanced" features.

• edited December 1969

Tanks dude.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited April 2013

Szark said:
    Once you get the desired layout back and all is well either press F4 or Windows > Workspace > Save Layout as...and save your layout with a more memorable name. My memory is fairly bad these days (yep getting old) so I did this early on once I got my Layout how I wanted it. Plus it is customised so saving it made sense too.

Yes, I started doing that with DS 2 and have continued doing it with DS 3 and DS 4. Saves a lot of aggravation if something in the layout goes wonky. ;-)
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happened to me too some time ago, and I could't understand what happened. Reset to default, and it got back to normal.