high poly to low poly something or other

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I once saw a doohickey that took v4 (or any high poly figure) and lowered her poly count for shorter render time. What is that product called and is it still available?

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I once saw a doohickey that took v4 (or any high poly figure) and lowered her poly count for shorter render time. What is that product called and is it still available?

It is called the Decimator. It is available in the Daz Store.

Kendall

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

Doohickey, is that like the thingummyjig or more like the whatchamicallem? %-P

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Doohickey, is that like the thingummyjig or more like the whatchamicallem? %-P
    I am pretty sure it's more like a whatchamicallem than a thingummyjig.

I suppose in a way Decimator would help render a little quicker due the memory saving due to a low mesh resolution. I use it mainly to fit more than 3 Gen4 figure in a scene as I only have a 32bit system and 3 GB of Ram.

If you are intending to buy it then all you need to do is put in the serial number, in the Plug-in window, for Decimator as it should already be installed with DS4 Pro, it just needs activating.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,319
    edited June 2012

It is called the Decimator. It is available in the Daz Store.

Kendall

And not only that but with the 'Beat the Heat Sale it is on sale at 50% off until 25 June
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/decimator-for-daz-studio/

This is the lowest price I've ever /seen on it. So, if you want it, now would be the time to buy it

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

that IS a great price and I sssssssssoooooooo want it for iClone export but I just bought a car, cleaned out my bank account and added loan repayments to my budget.
    sort of found an alternative in the motion editor in Epic games UDK (unreal development kit) not that I tried exporting the result.