Gypsy Dancer Outfit question

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The new gypsy dancer outfit for genesis that has just been released:
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/gypsy-dancer-outfit

can anyone who has bought it tell me if the skirt has movement morphs? Left, right, blow up, out, forward etc? So if you wanted the skirt to look like it was blowing a bit? or is the skirt rigged to genesis's thighs/legs?

and the end of the sleeves, that cover the hand...are there movement morphs in that too? So you can move it a bit if you have a finger poking through it?

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The cuff of the sleeve looks like it has more coverage than the skirt. LOL

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

yeah but you could put leggins or pants underneath the skirt and extend the versatility. :D I just want to make sure that the skirt will move before i get it - the last outfit i got that had a loincloth had no freakin' movement morphs in the loin whatsoever.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Based on the file list, it has no morphs at all, which is not surprising for a Bobbie25 product.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

With Genesis's new rigging system skirts can be rigged to move with the legs now. IMO a 'skirt' like should have independent rigging from the legs so it can be posed to conform to gravity and the figure.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited June 2013

send to Hexagon, soft select, pull/tug a corner, send to studio as morph target
    repeat on other corners etc
    voila, you have movement morphs

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited June 2013

Movement morphs should come standard, specially with dresses and skirts. This is why I mainly buy Hongyu and 3d-Age type sets..Thats the level of flexability I enjoy.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Movement morphs should come standard, specially with dresses and skirts. This is why I mainly buy Hongyu and 3d-Age type sets..Thats the level of flexability I enjoy.

I agree.

halcyone and -supernova- also have some good products regarding movement morphs. For Genesis, though, I would say It's mostly Sickleyield to look out for, her stuff, thankfully, is usually packed with morphs.

There's some middle ground, too, and then there are clothing creators I now completely avoid, although it took me a while to learn which ones -.-

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited June 2013

Ye, what I do now with ones that lack morphs, is manually select the thigh bones of the clothing and rotate, bend them myself after applying a pose to the figure.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Based on the file list, it has no morphs at all, which is not surprising for a Bobbie25 product.

Yes. But I was living in hope. :D

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    With Genesis's new rigging system skirts can be rigged to move with the legs now. IMO a 'skirt' like should have independent rigging from the legs so it can be posed to conform to gravity and the figure.

agreed. I don't really like this rigging to the legs - i can't make the skirt or loin move in other ways. I learnt that with the Horned Barbarian - I can't move the loin properly. I wanted the figure standing still, staring at the camera, and the loin just hangs there...can't move it like it's in a wind or from a sudden movement. Bad purchase, but couldn't return it as it was over the 30 days by the time I got around to using it. :( So another wasted product that just languishes in my runtime and never gets used.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    jestmart said:

agreed. I don't really like this rigging to the legs - i can't make the skirt or loin move in other ways. I learnt that with the Horned Barbarian - I can't move the loin properly. I wanted the figure standing still, staring at the camera, and the loin just hangs there...can't move it like it's in a wind or from a sudden movement. Bad purchase, but couldn't return it as it was over the 30 days by the time I got around to using it. :( So another wasted product that just languishes in my runtime and never gets used.
    Deformers?

edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Zev0 said:

I agree.

halcyone and -supernova- also have some good products regarding movement morphs. For Genesis, though, I would say It's mostly Sickleyield to look out for, her stuff, thankfully, is usually packed with morphs.

There's some middle ground, too, and then there are clothing creators I now completely avoid, although it took me a while to learn which ones -.-

Agree completely. Sickleyield is a no-brainer for me - if it's a product I want, I buy her stuff without even thinking about it or even reading it properly. *laughs* And yep, based on past experience with products, there are vendors I avoid like the plague. But I was living in hope yesterday. :sigh:

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    jakiblue said:
    jestmart said:

Deformers?

do you know of a Dummy's Guide to Deformers that I can read, to learn how?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2013

My question is, what shoes does she wear in this promo:

pop-up03_gypsydanceroutfit_[1].jpg
    750 x 975 - 195K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited June 2013

jakiblue said:
    M F M said:
    jakiblue said:
    jestmart said:

Deformers?

do you know of a Dummy's Guide to Deformers that I can read, to learn how?
    Did you want more guidance than this Jaki?

http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dform/start

(erg, pictures seem to be broken, at least for me... >_<)... (I'm just googling to see if any of the deformer threads show up - I seem to recall reading one or two pretty nice ones... but nothing showing up right now).</p>

Cazual seems to be working up something pretty useful here as well:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20628/

Post edited by M F M on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

Here's a video tutorial for D-formers on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEBV2GHJHA

/edit
    After watching that, holy crap I wouldn't take that DS3 interface for nothing. o_O

The tut uses DS3, but the steps are still the same. She goes through d-forming a plane, a face, and clothing.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on