Dynamic Ultimate Pattern Design Kit for Poser by Optitex and DraagonStorm

ktj2007ktj2007 Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I bought this product on the DAZ website. When I go to readme and try to click on documentation or customer support, they are bad links (it seems like there are a lot of bad links to DAZ).
I"m trying to figure out how to use this product. I understand dynamic clothing and have used it quite a bit. It's the patterns I'm unsure what to do with.
Anyone have any suggestions or links to tutorials or the right link for documentation or customer support by the merchant?
Thanks,

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

It's a product which hasn't yet had its readme updated for the new documentation centre - when it does it will be here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/13678/start

The patterns are pieces of cloth that can be combined with others to build up a particular look - it's just a question of loading and layering, probably simulating some before adding others but you will need to experiment. The thread created when it was released is here, though you will need to perform surgery on the links to see the images (copy the partial link from the HTML and paste it after forumarchive.daz3d.com, then paste the whole thing into your browser's address bar to get to the image).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you have all the installers there's a guide installed to readme's: 11300_UltimatePatternDesignKit.pdf

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

That's the product code for the DS version - I wasn't sure if the Poser version had it, though it should (a major part of the guide was a list of shapes, as I recall).

• ktj2007ktj2007 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly. I'll look for the guide, but now I also get how I might start experimenting.
    Thanks again!

• sjfryer_a638239a69sjfryer_a638239a69 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

The PDF just tells you what files are in the package, but no info on making use of the pattern pieces. Does anyone know of any even basic tutorial to get me started (and yes I've been using the DAZ dynamic items for a long time).

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Wyvern said:
    The PDF just tells you what files are in the package, but no info on making use of the pattern pieces. Does anyone know of any even basic tutorial to get me started (and yes I've been using the DAZ dynamic items for a long time).

I don't really have a tutorial, but there's not much to it, either. You position the pieces (you can use different layouts for the pieces in the 'Styles' window in the Dynamic Clothing Tab), choose what items to collide them with and then you drape them.

• weezietooweezietoo Posts: 22
    edited March 2018

I know this is an old post but it's the only one I found. I just got this package also and there is no help or documentaion on how to use it. Specifially, how to use any of the shapes. I'm puzzled on how best to use a lot these. The video (link) on the product page goes to an example of an older DS product called Controllable Dynamic Shapes at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZxJsLCGzmw&list=UUUSJEh6FcUQSTbBv5ZPVj3Q&index=8 which really doesn't seem to have anything to do with this set. The Shapes can't be moved in the normal xyz rotation and translations either, which make them very hard to position, even if manually manipulating them, they go off in unexpected directions. When parenting the shape to anything it moves and it shouldn't move at all. Any examples or help on how to use these would be helpful, but it's the second Dynamic clothes bundle I have gotten that has dissapointed me.

It's a product which hasn't yet had its readme updated for the new documentation centre - when it does it will be here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/13678/start

The patterns are pieces of cloth that can be combined with others to build up a particular look - it's just a question of loading and layering, probably simulating some before adding others but you will need to experiment. The thread created when it was released is here, though you will need to perform surgery on the links to see the images (copy the partial link from the HTML and paste it after forumarchive.daz3d.com, then paste the whole thing into your browser's address bar to get to the image).

I think you forgot to add the link because I would have checked it out if I could have.

Post edited by weezietoo on
  • weezietoo said:

I know this is an old post but it's the only one I found. I just got this package also and there is no help or documentaion on how to use it. Specifially, how to use any of the shapes. I'm puzzled on how best to use a lot these. The video (link) on the product page goes to an example of an older DS product called Controllable Dynamic Shapes at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZxJsLCGzmw&list=UUUSJEh6FcUQSTbBv5ZPVj3Q&index=8 which really doesn't seem to have anything to do with this set. The Shapes can't be moved in the normal xyz rotation and translations either, which make them very hard to position, even if manually manipulating them, they go off in unexpected directions. When parenting the shape to anything it moves and it shouldn't move at all. Any examples or help on how to use these would be helpful, but it's the second Dynamic clothes bundle I have gotten that has dissapointed me.

I think you forgot to add the link because I would have checked it out if I could have.

The link wouldn't help, judging by the comment at the end it was going to the old-and-original forums which are no longer available. That may be why the link is no longer there (or I may have forgotten to add it). The patterns are just individual pieces of dynamic cloth, so you can add them to the scene to build up the look you want - I assume that is why they are linking to the other product, which was used in a similar manner.

Ok, old link and old forums, got it. I understand how to use dynamic cloth but these "Shapes" pieces are just odd. Their centers are not normal and they can't be controlled normally. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited March 2018

(Deleted, didn't realize they weren't allowing you to manipulate them. Sorry for misreading your post.)

Post edited by Odaa on
  • I had to find these to check them. There are some actual clothing items for Victoria 4, they won't AutoFit (no OptiTex items will) but they do have posable skeletons so you could line them up with a different figure and do an aniamted drape - however in order to pose you have to select the bones in the Scene pane, they are not selectable in the Viewport (as, again, is typical for these products). Beyond that there are the numbered pattern pieces, each piece having ten shapes, which load as props - once loaded you can use the Styles button in the Dynamic Clothing pane to select the actual shape used, and can move them freely around the scene.

I had to find these to check them. There are some actual clothing items for Victoria 4, they won't AutoFit (no OptiTex items will) but they do have posable skeletons so you could line them up with a different figure and do an aniamted drape - however in order to pose you have to select the bones in the Scene pane, they are not selectable in the Viewport (as, again, is typical for these products). Beyond that there are the numbered pattern pieces, each piece having ten shapes, which load as props - once loaded you can use the Styles button in the Dynamic Clothing pane to select the actual shape used, and can move them freely around the scene.

I really appreciate all the help Richard, but it sounds like you are using DS to test the set and I am using Poser as the title suggests. I know there is a DS set of this same product. The Poser set doesn't have bones and the clothing items are great but still have a weird "center", it's the shapes that go wonky once I try and manipulate them. I'll probably ask for a refund as I would have to redo everything to re-center the axis's. I'm not sure on terminolgy....

As an example, if I rotate on an x or z, or even y axis, the "point" of it is way south of the actual object so when it turns, or translates, it's hard to pose because it doesn't stay in place. And then when parenting the object, it jumps and moves. It's like the point of the axis is the center of a clock and the objects moves along the numbers, not the center.

I know how to use dynamic clothes, pose, move props and that sort of thing, I've been using Poser for years, that's why I am not used to this weird off center "prop". 

Thanks for your help.

• Ah, sorry - the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page cuts off before the Poser bit of the title, or I simply didn't check which version we were discussing.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Ah, sorry - the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page cuts off before the Poser bit of the title, or I simply didn't check which version we were discussing.

Similar problem here, I didn't read closely enough and thought the OP was trying to use the Poser versions as DForce items in Daz Studio, which they would probably do okay at.