sirena v5

Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi

i've got this message at the start of daz studio 5 and ervey time i create a new genesis

i've reinstalled it nothing change and the files are here

thanks for your help

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I assume you mean Daz Studio 4.5 right? Are you using the most updated Sirena?

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

thanks for your reply

yes i use ds 4.5 and the last version of sirena

thanks for your help

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

i have the same bug since the 4.5 SP2

no change with the SP3

thx.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2012

i had the same issue in an RC and was hoping it would get fixed. it was my only error in the RC. but im on 4.0 atm. hope this gets fixed before i upgrade

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

i found a fix about the problem

posted by producer

*DanmoriaAug 18, 2012 Professional Digital Artist

Ok, it seems that i've found the problem. There is a wrong file in that bundle and that is processing this error.

Quick Fix:
    Go into the data-folder of your DAZ-Runtime:
    your Runtime: data: DAZ 3D: Genesis: Base: Morphs: Danmoria: Sirena
    and delete the file from the Error Message: Sirena Body.dsf

You should now have the following data in that folder:
    Sirena Backspikes.dsf
    Sirena Ear.dsf
    Sirena Eyebrows.dsf
    Sirena Gills.dsf
    Sirena Head.dsf

Restart DAZ Studio and see if the error message is popping up again. If not, everything should work right now.

Hope that works for you

In first step I try to rename the file instead of delete,,,
    But the error comes with the new name

I move the file on desktop and delete the main,,
    That Works!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I know it was the author of the item that suggested that, but would that action not remove the ability to use the morph?

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

hi

thanks everybody for the help

is a update of sirena soon wich solve the problem ?

• RenderweltenRenderwelten Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

@Simon: No, the file is not used by the morphs, it's just dead weight, a ghost file.

I'll contakt Kevin for an official update, but with look on my very full schedule it will take a bit.

Regards,
    Pam/Danmoria

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Danmoria said:
    @Simon: No, the file is not used by the morphs, it's just dead weight, a ghost file.

I'll contakt Kevin for an official update, but with look on my very full schedule it will take a bit.

Regards,
    Pam/Danmoria

Cheers Pam, I will delete the li'l rascal! :)

edited December 1969

Wonderful, i hope you have a lot of fun with Sirena :D

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

I'm still getting that error all the time. It doesn't affect my work at all, but it keeps on coming every time I load a Genesis or open a work with a Genesis in and it's getting pretty annoying now. I've removed any Sirena Body.dsf I could find, but it still keeps on complaining

edited October 2012

Can you please make a screenshot of that error for me?

Post edited by Renderwelten on
    edited October 2012

I don't know the tag for posting images, please click on the link instead

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

Have you scanned the entire PC for the Sirena Body.dsf?

An older version of DAZ had created a data-folder on my PC outside my Content-Folder and i didn't knew that until i did a search for Sirena Body.
    Maybe thats the problem you are having, too?

edited June 2013

Updated to DAZ 4.6 - and still recieving the same problem every time when loading Genesis. This has become a real pain in the ass now...

Post edited by Hera on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

Herakleia said:
    Updated to DAZ 4.6 - and still recieving the same problem every time when loading Genesis. This has become a real pain in the ass now...

The link you posted for the image just comes up as a 404 now. Were you getting the same error as the OP? I restarted everything from scratch a few weeks back and Sirena no longer has the *.dsf file in question in the download.

Check your preferences (edit>preferences), and check on both the startup and scene tabs for custom scenes that may still be calling for the bugged version of Sirena.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited June 2013

Okay pic 1 is the error message I'm getting:

Pic 2 is the startup:

And pic 3 is the scene:

I still can't figure what is wrong. The file mentioned is nowhere to be found of course and I imagine that is why I get the message, but how do I get rid of it? Shall I remove Sirena? I'd rather not because I like the figure...

scene.png
    752 x 626 - 61K
    startup.png
    752 x 626 - 53K
    Namnlös.png
    583 x 517 - 35K
    Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

I wonder if you've had Sirena installed to more than one content folder at one time. Can you post a screenshot of your content directories in your content manager? Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager and click the + signs to expand the trees.

edited December 1969

This is what it looks like. I'm not really sure what to look for. And yes, Sirena (as the rest of the content) is installed to both F and H, the latter being a separate disk which I use when I'm working from another computer.

Namnlös.png
    887 x 829 - 79K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

If you have only the one default content library this is all wrong.

1. Is the only path that should be listed and it should be the TOP DAZ Studio path.
    2. Should not be listed at all if it contains the same content as 1
    3.This should be the only path listed and at the top of Poser paths
    4.This should not be listed at ALL if a copy of the content as said before.

You should only have one path listed twice, once in each format if all your content is in My Library.

If DazOther holds content it should be listed once in both as well below the default path.

Namnlös.png
    887 x 829 - 75K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Well, I don't dare to tinker with the library settings. This set up is created by trial and error after several of my older works starting to fail after I migrated the DAZ content from the internal D drive (which it became too large for) to two separate stand alone disks, including one I take with me to be able to render on another computer. If I start to remove things here I'm afraid scenes I'm working on will stop working. That was what happened 2 y ago after switching computer and also after migrating from D to H and F. I lost so much of my older works that I keep my hands off this set up now, because now it works. The only thing I wish to aquire is to get rid of the annoying sirena error.

edited December 1969

I'm only trying to help. And If it works it works, knowing what I do I'm very surprised it does because frankly it shouldn't. This is a Default content folder and done properly. I get no issues ever done this way. The Location of the folder does not matter, but how it is listed does.

Capture1.png
    471 x 386 - 29K
    edited December 1969

I certainly appreciate your try to help.

It's just that I have been trough hell and back with the design of the CDM, and I don't dare to touch it out of fear that it should give me new problems.

edited June 2013

This is why you're receiving errors. You have nested folders that shouldn't even be mapped. The /data and /People/Genesis are INSIDE of /My Library, therefore you should only have the /My Library mapped. You should only be listing the library itself, not it's internal folders as well.

This is generally what the inside of a My Library folder should look like, with the !!My Library being the one mapped in Daz (yours may be named something else). None of these internal folders get mapped.

If you have folders with these names inside of /data, move them one directory up and remove /data from your content library listing.

/edit
    You CAN have multiple libraries; however, you only list the top most folder of each one (as shown in my 2nd screenshot).

Not to sound like a pain in the ass, but the longer you leave it like this, the more problems you'll face down the road and the more you'll have to fix.

librarylist.jpg
    785 x 790 - 100K
    librarytree.jpg
    882 x 906 - 246K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Well actually data is not below My Library but next to it.

The folder structure looks like this

F:\LINDA\DAZ other\data

F:\LINDA\DAZ other\My Library

F:\LINDA\DAZ other\People\Genesis

F:\LINDA\DAZ other\Runtime\Libraries

+ a lot of other things having been installed with things I've aquired.
    If I am to remove F:\LINDA\DAZ other\data from the CDM, then a lot of my older and ongoing stuff will break apart. I did that misstake about 1½ year ago, and it took me a weekend to get it right again.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you search your PC with something like Everything? It is freeware http://www.voidtools.com/

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Well unfortunately this is a case where something 'appeared to work' but actually doesn't... and this is how it shows itself, with problems like this. The mapping is at the root of the problem and items were installed incorrectly it sounds like. The items installed incorrectly got 'solved' by changing the mapping, which was not a workable fix as it caused other problems. I understand your frustration, but the net result is that the 'fixes' are preventing a fix now it looks like and no one is likely to be able to help you sort this out without unwinding some of what you've done so far.

I realize this isn't something you want to hear, and that I've put myself in the position of shoot the messenger, but I thought it'd be better then leaving you thinking no one wanted to help you.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

To add to what the other are saying you need to drag and drop the 'data', 'Runtime' and 'People' folders to your 'My Library' folder.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    To add to what the other are saying you need to drag and drop the 'data', 'Runtime' and 'People' folders to your 'My Library' folder.

Is there mayhaps any way to do that without ruining my earlier work, which point to 'data' direcly beneath the DAZ other directory?
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio is already looking in the First listed folder for the Data. If your Data is in My Library and My Library is the First listed folder it will find it just as it does on my PC.