Victoria 4.2 does not show up in Content Manager

scorerscorer Posts: 37
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I had installed Daz 4.6 and was unable to find Victoria 4.2 until I searched it in the Content Manager. The part of the path the runtime folder did not show up. When I tried to add the morphs++ they would never load.

I just uninstalled Daz 4.6 and reinstalled to see it it made any difference.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Victoria 4.2 files from the download manager.

Just as before hen I opened the content manager and open the directory for my Daz Library the runtime folder does not show up which forces me to enter Victoria 4.2 in the search field to locates the file.

Now when I double click I get a message that the "Victoria 4" support founder could not be found. Then an empty powerloader window pops up.

I am at a loss now.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot? What is the path you installed V4 to? Did you install with DIM, an installer, or manually extracting a zip?

• scorerscorer Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

First off I am running Mac 10.6.8

The application path is /Users/me/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit.

The content path is /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library.

As far as I can tell these are the installation defaults because whenever I have chang them new installers always revert to these.

I have installed and unsinstalled from both the download manager and from downloaded installer. I have updated then initialized the base Victoria 4 files and installed the powerloader and the Victoria4DS fiies using both installers and the download manager as well. I have tried to uninstall before each installation. No change in the results.

In the first screen shot I am showing the path from the folder My DAZ 3D Library (the upload may have reversed the order of the jpegs but I named them accordingly)

In the second screen shot I made a content manager folder for the runtime and could then trace to a Victoria 4.2 file but I get an error message when I click it that says:

"This script is not intended to be run standalone. It is intended to be run as a result of loading an ExP enabled "Victoria 4" based figure from the Content tab. Rename this file to match the name of the intended .cr2 to continue.

However the .cr2 is right there in the directory with the same name as shown in the png of the directory.

Directory.png
    597 x 741 - 126K
    FirstFromMyDAZ3dLibrary.jpg
    1438 x 875 - 158K
    SecondFromRuntimeFolderICreated.jpg
    1433 x 863 - 177K
    edited December 1969

You should not have Runtime as a DS-format content folder. Only the path ending in "My DAZ 3D Library" should be specified as BOTH "DAZ Format" and "Poser Format". V4 will be in Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > DAZ People

edited December 1969

I should also mention that the start up scene is not showing loading either and I just reinstalled Genesis Essentials and when I loaded the basic figure it says Genesis.duf can not be found and it loaded a block figure.

edited June 2013

You should not have Runtime as a DS-format content folder. Only the path ending in "My DAZ 3D Library" should be specified as BOTH "DAZ Format" and "Poser Format". V4 will be in Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > DAZ People

OK did that but now I'm back to my second problem: The message saying "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found.

....(hmmm)

looks like maybe the data folder did not get completely recreated when I reinstalled daz. (no new genesis.dsf)

Fortunately I backed that up.

ALSO DAZ is defaulting to the wrong directory looking for the data folder! It is an old one that is different than the one Download manager is loading files to...

..OK I got the start up file to work but still I can't get Victoria 4.2 to find the support folder.

Post edited by scorer on
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the “DAZ Studio Formats” and “Poser Formats” sections, and post a screenshot?

edited June 2013

I managed to get this to work by opening SheFreak4 then REM all the she freak morphs then INJ all the morph++ targets. Clunky but it worked.

Thanks for your help.

Post edited by scorer on