The 'Fit to' bar has 'come off'

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello!

After installing DAZ 4.6 and selecting 'fit to' for a clothes item or something, the drop-down meny beneath the selection button becomes a new message box instead of staying where it's supposed to be (beneath the button). Is there a way to fix that so it becomes as it was earlier?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

It's been a dialogue for some time, as I recall. I don't believe there is - though it could be done with a script, to an extent (that is, a dialogue could still open but it would close as soon as a figure was chosen). One reason for this is to allow the option of parenting the clothing to the figure, as well as fitting it, for better scene organisation.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

But I can't see any functional difference, the only difference is that the fit-to is a separate dialog box instead of a drop-down parented to the bar.

edited December 1969

I'm rendering right now, but as I recall there's a check box at the bottom of the dialogue for parenting the fitted item to it's fitted-to figure.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

I tried toggling that, but the box is still not docked/parented.
    Is there some other setting somewhere I need to tinker with?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    I tried toggling that, but the box is still not docked/parented.
    Is there some other setting somewhere I need to tinker with?
    You can NOT dock the NEW Fit to. It was removed from the Menu as the same function is in the Parameters tab and will force the Pop up to run. Redundant code was needed to have it in the Menu and Parameters.
    edited December 1969

The check box is why it needs to be a separate dialogue, not a way of changing that.