Simply Lit Contest (Commercial)

etujedietujedi Posts: 41
edited May 2012 in The Commons

I was not able to get all the entries from the previous forums, because of the switch date. If you can repost your images here I can get the winner their $20.00 gift certificate.

Thanks

Post edited by etujedi on

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited May 2012

Here are the two I entered.

Edited to remove oversized images

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,814
    edited December 1969

Please either link the images or reduce them (if necessary) to a maximum of 800 pixels square before uploading.

edited May 2012

OK. These are 600 largest side. (You guys keep changing the max size.)

Edit: OK, this is stupid. I uploaded smaller images and these two large ones loaded again. Different names and all. I don't know how to fix this. What do I do now?

Post edited by luci45 on
  • etujedietujedi Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

it looks like not everything is working right with the forums just yet...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It looks as though the info for the other images was in the cache, if you used the same names,

Maybe try loggingin out and logging back in to clear them.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It looks as though the info for the other images was in the cache, if you used the same names,

Maybe try loggingin out and logging back in to clear them.

As I said in my post, I did use different names. And it wasn't even the same post. Very strange. I'll log out and try again later.

:long:

edited May 2012

Another attempt.

Edit: OK. It happened again. Apparently it is not possible to for me to upload smaller replacement images, even with different names. I PMed the moderators about this.

Another edit:
    Here are links (in my Renderosity gallery) to the images I entered in the Simply Lit contest. It appears that I cannot post images to this forum until Daz fixes its cache problem.
    Alien Rendezvous
    Investigations

Post edited by luci45 on
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Here are the two that I entered.

contestrender1floodxxrs.jpg
    568 x 600 - 59K
    contestrender1ars.jpg
    576 x 600 - 48K
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Another attempt.

Edit: OK. It happened again. Apparently it is not possible to for me to upload smaller replacement images, even with different names. I PMed the moderators about this.

Another edit:
    Here are links (in my Renderosity gallery) to the images I entered in the Simply Lit contest. It appears that I cannot post images to this forum until Daz fixes its cache problem.
    Alien Rendezvous
    Investigations

No worries, I have your entries now Luci45. Thanks.

As a Side info note, I am wrapping up a new set of Light presets called Simply Lit Enhanced. These are light presets that replace previous lights with one click. In addition they have added spot lights and or distant lights for added realism. The quality and uber environment poses from Simply Lit! will work with them as well but they do not require Simply Lit! to work. I will post a new thread with all the details...thanks

edited December 1969

well it will be an instant buy for me, love these lights!

edited December 1969

etujedi said:
    Luci45 said:
    Another attempt.

Another edit:
    Alien Rendezvous
    Investigations

No worries, I have your entries now Luci45. Thanks.

As a Side info note, I am wrapping up a new set of Light presets called Simply Lit Enhanced. These are light presets that replace previous lights with one click. In addition they have added spot lights and or distant lights for added realism. The quality and uber environment poses from Simply Lit! will work with them as well but they do not require Simply Lit! to work. I will post a new thread with all the details...thanks

Sounds cool! Do they have new HDRs or use the same ones? What I really want is more variety of light settings.

edited December 1969

Yes, 9 new HDRI's so far with 27 presets. 12 outdoor including a bluish dusk and city night. 12 indoor house presets and 3 bonus presets for a parking garage. The indoor settings have the max trace distance set between 150-200, also.

edited December 1969

Wow! An instant buy for me too, then. I use Simply Lit a lot. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Can you post an update here when you have your new commercial going, don't want to miss it. thanks!

edited December 1969

yes of course! This forum will be the the first to know!

edited December 1969

Hopefully the forums are working better now. I know this is not all the entries. Please get your entries reposted asap. Thanks

edited December 1969

Well I was able to get access to the old forums to get the other entries! Most folks cant find this thread which makes things difficult. I will post a new thread with the winner as well as post it here. Until things are fixed though, I wont be doing anymore contests.

edited June 2012

So the winner is...

Luci45

Honorable mention...TimG

Edit: winning image is the bottom image.

gallery_170_14_21344.jpg
    650 x 1000 - 372K
    display_2328028.jpg
    486 x 600 - 79K
    Post edited by etujedi on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 please check your pm

edited December 1969

etujedi said:
    Luci45 please check your pm

Thank you so much. I am honored.

edited December 1969

Here is a preview of some of the indoor and outdoor lights for Simply Lit Enhanced. I will be finalizing the promos then submitting to QA before the end of the week. Ill link to the new commercial thread when I do. I have included a few extra HDR images so you can swap out images and make new presets too! Thanks to all for your support!

Promo15.jpg
    500 x 650 - 278K
    Promo16.jpg
    500 x 650 - 239K
    Promo18.jpg
    500 x 650 - 220K
    Promo19.jpg
    500 x 650 - 272K
    edited December 1969

And some outdoor...

promo8.jpg
    500 x 650 - 244K
    promo11.jpg
    500 x 650 - 400K
    promo12.jpg
    500 x 650 - 377K
    promo13.jpg
    500 x 650 - 377K
    promo14.jpg
    500 x 650 - 320K
    edited December 1969

etujedi said:
    Here is a preview of some of the indoor and outdoor lights for Simply Lit Enhanced. I will be finalizing the promos then submitting to QA before the end of the week. Ill link to the new commercial thread when I do. I have included a few extra HDR images so you can swap out images and make new presets too! Thanks to all for your support!

I'm looking forward to the release.

How do you swap out HDR images? I was trying to figure out how to do this as I found a couple online that I wanted to buy, but couldn't figure out how to get them onto a dome.

edited December 1969

Just select the UberEnvironment light in the scene, select Lights tab, Select Light and click on the image drop down of the color channel. You can browse to any image from there.

edited December 1969

etujedi said:
    Just select the UberEnvironment light in the scene, select Lights tab, Select Light and click on the image drop down of the color channel. You can browse to any image from there.

Oh, cool! Thanks. I guess that should have been obvious, but I didn't think to look there. :ohh: