Where is the Super Suit?

Comments

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Question is asked before maybe...
    Bought the supersuit (pro...)
    sale is gone through from what i can see, but DL's are still pending??? This for a few days now!

HELP!

THX!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Gods I want this one so badly, but the prices are still wonky! Hurrrryyyyyy! *hops from one foot to another*

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Gods I want this one so badly, but the prices are still wonky! Hurrrryyyyyy! *hops from one foot to another*

Tell me about it. I've seen four different prices since last night.

I paid $126 for the Pro Suite last night. Now the price is coming up as $119.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

I knew I should have bought it when it showed $98 dollars... *mutter* ;) :P

Anyway, having slept over, I have decided to get "just" Pro, not the Pro Suite. But that's showing wrong price too at the moment. Arrrrgh! Me wanna!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Legionair said:

Anyway, having slept over, I have decided to get "just" Pro, not the Pro Suite. But that's showing wrong price too at the moment. Arrrrgh! Me wanna!

I would email support about it, but that link still isn't working. And I don't have the energy to call in.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    I would email support about it, but that link still isn't working. And I don't have the energy to call in.

I'm pretty sure it'll get fixed in a couple of hours... the price, that is. The random weirdness with prerequisite products and wishlists? Apparently something needs to get stabbed some more.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    Skiriki said:
    Legionair said:

The current links to Customer Service and Tech Support are in this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/ :coolsmile:
    edited December 1969

Welp, I just saw the correct price for the supersuit bundle, so.

• ZetharaZethara Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Wow.. there are some great renders in here already! I'm pretty bummed though... Supposedly the super suit was going to be added to my account... according to my email back when I chose it for my March Madness bonus... And it's not there at all. I did email support, but it seems to me that people who opted for the bonus and bought everything in the category in March should not have to wait. I am a pretty calm person, but I'm disappointed right now. I get that the store is a mess... and the forums are a mess.. and that we're supposed to be oh so patient, but *sniff cry* I hope they resolve the pricing issues for everyone... and get this product into the accounts of those of us who did choose it in good faith back when....

• DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

We are SOOOOO sorry for all the price confusion.

It really is just a function of US getting getting used to how the new store handles the aggregation of all the discounts being applied for PC members and the intro sale etc.

We think we have it figured out now so we don't anticipate any further changes. And we were able to arrive at what was advertised in the newsletter (the Pro Suite is actually still less than advertised but we are sticking with it). If you happened to get it while it was less than advertised, thanks for being so quick to purchase.

Again we apologize for the changes that were admittedly very confusing but necessary as we got our hands around the pricing and discounts for so many products at once.

We very much appreciate the patience and support as we work to make the site better overall.

If you chose the Supersuit Pro Bundle as your March Madness Buy-it-all Bonus, we will be granting those as soon as possible. (In the next few days... not weeks)

Thanks again for the support and sorry for the confusion.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the response and apology, DAZ_BHowell. You should cross-post it in the announcement thread. As annoying as all of the glitches have been for us, I'm sure it's ten times worse for those who work for DAZ, and I know you're doing everything you can to get things working again and keep your customers happy.

Now that the prices have been fixed, this is REALLY tempting (even though I promised myself when I bought the M5 Pro Bundle that it was going to be my last big purchase for a long time).

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Just a couple of things I would like to know from those of you who have it in your hands, and are playing already:

1. Looks like the suit uses a combination of both texture displacement, and vertex displacement (with neg/pos attributes). Am I correct in this assumption? Does all the material zones allow for morphing vertex displacement?

2. The fur looks amazing. Is it texture displacement only, or is there something special being done to get the fur to look so good and lay down as it appears it does? Also, from the looks of it; Can you apply fur to the entirety of the suit if one is so inclined to do so?

I was a little disappointed with the preview pics. Yes, many beautiful pics by all the vendors who got to play first, but clear product illustrations are severely lacking. Should have included at least one mat zone shot, and some A.O. shots illustrating different morph targets (without all the render glitz distractions).

So, I implore you, those who are having fun playing. Please, if you have the time, could you posts some simple mat zone, and morph target renders (or screen-shots), so we can see the product itself. I am seriously considering selling a kidney to purchase the Pro Suite (anyone want to buy a kidney, dirt-cheap?).

Thank you in advance.

Take care all...
    Ken

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited May 2012

It really is just a function of US getting getting used to how the new store handles the aggregation of all the discounts being applied for PC members and the intro sale etc.

We think we have it figured out now so we don't anticipate any further changes. And we were able to arrive at what was advertised in the newsletter (the Pro Suite is actually still less than advertised but we are sticking with it). If you happened to get it while it was less than advertised, thanks for being so quick to purchase.

Again we apologize for the changes that were admittedly very confusing but necessary as we got our hands around the pricing and discounts for so many products at once.

We very much appreciate the patience and support as we work to make the site better overall.

If you chose the Supersuit Pro Bundle as your March Madness Buy-it-all Bonus, we will be granting those as soon as possible. (In the next few days... not weeks)

So is the correct price including PC discount? $59.47?

In which case should I put in a ticket to refund the difference of the $62.97 I was charged?

Post edited by willowfan on
  • edited December 1969

In which case should I put in a ticket to refund the difference of the $62.97 I was charged?

I too would like to know the answer to this question.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

To those fast enough? More like those who were successfully able to get the store to process the order when it was $49.98 on the category page.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    Skiriki said:
    Legionair said:

The current links to Customer Service and Tech Support are in this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/ :coolsmile:

Used one of those emails last week. Still haven't gotten a reply. That's why I just don't have the energy.

edited December 1969

Zethara said:
    Wow.. there are some great renders in here already! I'm pretty bummed though... Supposedly the super suit was going to be added to my account... according to my email back when I chose it for my March Madness bonus... And it's not there at all. I did email support, but it seems to me that people who opted for the bonus and bought everything in the category in March should not have to wait. I am a pretty calm person, but I'm disappointed right now. I get that the store is a mess... and the forums are a mess.. and that we're supposed to be oh so patient, but *sniff cry* I hope they resolve the pricing issues for everyone... and get this product into the accounts of those of us who did choose it in good faith back when....

Don't feel too bad. I picked the Grab Bag and got a box of rancid mayo and a broken statue.

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how long the sale lasts?

I really dislike how they no longer post the end date on the new product pages ><</p>

• DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Tollaris said:

Yes... the correct price for the Pro Bundle is 59.47 For PC members

• MicKLeeMicKLee Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Yes... the correct price for the Pro Bundle is 59.47 For PC members

So, how do I get the refund because I also went ahead and paid the $62.97 last night? Or will it just be done automatically?
    BTW, I am disappointed that the Supersuit doesn't work for V4/M4.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited May 2012

I just took this snapshot. This is a new one to me.
    If Daz were a brick and mortar store, the BBB would be after them. Also, they would honor the lowest advertised price. It isn't like this is a circular where some people might or might not see. It is right there in the store itself. Like a "shelf sticker".

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

It's not patience it's powerlessness.

Does 'next few days' mean after the weekend again?

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is the Super-suit going to be the body suit for Genesis? 300 mat zones sounds like a headache.

• mbinmbin Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I have just looked at the supersuit, and it looks great! ...and all for $20? Can someone explain all the other bundles, as I might be missing something. I will ignore all the items(bundles) that are not related to the super suit, i.e. sci-fi bundle, dark places bundle, firearms pack etc, (actually nothing to do with supersuit?), 'props', but the items that are for the actual supersuit; do they add any functionality to the basic $20 supersuit, or are they simple presets (which can obviously be usefull if you don't want to adjust all ther settings yourself!), and I assume that the addons do actually give you additional textures, is that the case?

I assume the pro bundle and suite may be great for some one starting out who doesn't already have a lot of the older items that are in it, but I would like to know that if I buy (once the store has settled down!) the basic supersuit, do I get all the functionality shown in the demo video?

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

mbin said:
    I have just looked at the supersuit, and it looks great! ...and all for $20? Can someone explain all the other bundles, as I might be missing something. I will ignore all the items(bundles) that are not related to the super suit, i.e. sci-fi bundle, dark places bundle, firearms pack etc, (actually nothing to do with supersuit?), 'props', but the items that are for the actual supersuit; do they add any functionality to the basic $20 supersuit, or are they simple presets (which can obviously be usefull if you don't want to adjust all ther settings yourself!), and I assume that the addons do actually give you additional textures, is that the case?

I assume the pro bundle and suite may be great for some one starting out who doesn't already have a lot of the older items that are in it, but I would like to know that if I buy (once the store has settled down!) the basic supersuit, do I get all the functionality shown in the demo video?

Some have props, eg headgear, etc, and all have extra shaders, although i'm not sure if the shaders are limited to the presets or usable for anything - because mine hasn't turned up in my downloads yet.
  • ZetharaZethara Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    Zethara said:

Don't feel too bad. I picked the Grab Bag and got a box of rancid mayo and a broken statue.

:ohh: Seriously??? Ouch... That seems very strange...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited May 2012

Timmoth said:
    Some have props, eg headgear, etc, and all have extra shaders, although i'm not sure if the shaders are limited to the presets or usable for anything - because mine hasn't turned up in my downloads yet.
    The various packs include shader presets, which can be used on everything.

Another little supersuit render...

edit for image size...:red:

Fury_pink_small.jpg
    600 x 800 - 335K
    Post edited by Leana on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

The shaders can also be used on other items too.

Plus, if you have any other shaders, such as the Fabricator you can use them as well.:-)

• LynnInDenverLynnInDenver Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Even with the pricing issues, I had to get the pro set. My first proper render with the Supersuit... and the most characters I've packed into the viewport, ever.

RangerBriefingResize.jpg
    700 x 394 - 238K
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Is the Super-suit going to be the body suit for Genesis? 300 mat zones sounds like a headache.

it is a little advertised fact, but there is a second bodysuit included in the bundle that is a "normal" bodysuit without all the wicked functionality.