V4.2 clothes fitting problem

Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i've got a little problem with fitting clothes for my V4.2 character (not sure if i have mixed the bodies with other models but i need to check)

i have got the nice november outfit for V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/november-for-victoria-4) that normally should fit and it normally does but the shoes doesnt fit right (looks strange on fitting) and the top is way too thin as it hides under the skin of the figure but when i will try to fit it and resize the parts of the tops it won't look like it fits as it gets too deformed and that doesnt looks nice.

So what can i do?

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

The top can be remedied by applying a smoothing modifier to it. Open the scene tab and select the top and then click on the small icon which looks like an arrow and some lines. From here go to Edit - > Geometry -> Apply Smoothing modifier. If you've fitted the shirt, Daz will set Victoria as the default collision figure, which should fix any poke through you're getting.

As for the shoes, can you give an example so we can see what the issue is? A picture tells a thousand words as they say.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

i've got a little problem with fitting clothes for my V4.2 character (not sure if i have mixed the bodies with other models but i need to check)

i have got the nice november outfit for V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/november-for-victoria-4) that normally should fit and it normally does but the shoes doesnt fit right (looks strange on fitting) and the top is way too thin as it hides under the skin of the figure but when i will try to fit it and resize the parts of the tops it won't look like it fits as it gets too deformed and that doesnt looks nice.

So what can i do?

This may due to the fact that some of V4 morphs used are not in the top.
    Are you working on DAZ 3, DAZ 4+, or poser?
    On DAZ 4+ you can try this : select your shirt, go in scene pan, on the top you have a little arrow with 4 lines, you click on it, then go on edit/apply smoothing modifier. Maybe it will solve partially or totally the problem, if not solve you can increase the smoothing value in "parameters" of the top.
    Concerning the shoes, it may be due to the pose of your character, these are high heels so you have to bend the foot I guess.
    I hope it helps.
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

lol Herald, it seems that you're typing faster than I do ;)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Another thing you can try is to right-click on the V4 figure and select the "Transfer Active Morphs" option in the context menu.

transfer.jpg
    413 x 351 - 50K
  • Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited December 1969

this is a picture of my fitting issue.

when i was selecting the shirt i've got some morphing options but they are not working well as if i make it fit from one side another it gets too wide so totally looks wrong so the morph options doesnt really work, the same about transfer active morph options :\

will post a picture how it looks when i use the morphing on the left side.

btw. about the shoes it was just an issue of the pose.

fitting_issue.png
    1066 x 600 - 494K
    edited May 2013

this is with the morph tool, looks more like she's pregnant

about the smooth modefier it have changed a little but not at all, there is still some skin that covers the top

fitting_issue2.png
    1066 x 600 - 650K
    Post edited by Chris Fox Art on
    edited May 2013

this is with the smoothing modefier.

Just to add this, i'm using Daz Studio 4.6 Pro

fitting_issue3.png
    1066 x 600 - 669K
    Post edited by Chris Fox Art on
    edited December 1969

after trying other clothes i still have the same issues and smoothing modefier doesnt manage to fix all the problems, so i was trying out something.

So the figure is fully V4.2 but it looks like the top of V4 teen ashley fits a lot better.

But than i tested another clothes i have on my database and now i am confused as the clothes from wicked dance fevah fits perfect but that are Genesis clothes, so what's going on with my V4.2 figure? :D

i will try out more Genesis clothes if they will fit without issues.