V5 won't install daz 4.5

lindanslindans Posts: 99
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just downloaded DS 4.5 and tried to install V5 but keep getting the same message "victoria 5 has a dependency on another product and the required files can not be found" what is going on? which is the file I need?
Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

V5 is a morph for Genesis, and must be installed into the same folder as genesis. If you used the default location for installed content, tat is the My Library folder.

When you install DS 4.5.0.114, you MUST install the Genesis Starter Essentials file as well, as it contains the new version of Genesis in .DUF format.

• jeremusicjeremusic Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I found that Daz was also using the "Public" directory in my Windows 8 pc, so I set the installer to use this directory and that handled the "dependencies missing" error during installation
    Jeremusic AKA Jeremy Feldmesser

• When installing older models, I've found on win10 that you need to set the EXE to use the default setting.  Otherwise there's an issue.  Here's the deal... ...It will derive your install path if you've set it in your prefs in DAZ.  Make sure you've set the install directories in your DAZ main app.  Then use the defaults, and it will show the proper directory for installation.  The reason it fails is that it is looking for an INI file, which is placed in the default location no matter what.  This file holds a path variable that the EXE picks up and uses for installation.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited February 2018

.exe installers are old and may well lack updates - use the zip or, better, use DIM or Connect (where possible). Even so, an .exe installer will cope with non-standard locations.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on