Background in Highland Lad Promos

LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know if that's an actual complete environment set used in the backgrounds for the Highland Lad promos? http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/highland-lad ... or even if it's a set of background images that's up for purchase anywhere? I've been looking for a grassy, mountainous backdrop (preferably w/a small body of water) for ages.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

LEI1 said:
    Does anyone know if that's an actual complete environment set used in the backgrounds for the Highland Lad promos? http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/highland-lad ... or even if it's a set of background images that's up for purchase anywhere? I've been looking for a grassy, mountainous backdrop (preferably w/a small body of water) for ages.

I'm stumped. Some of it almost looks like Howie Farkes, carrara products, but with the depth of field on it is tough to make out. IT could also be a photo on a cyclorama with the foreground done with some ground grass product.

sorry, don't recognize it. But I too would like to know. =-)

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227
    edited December 1969

Sorry, it took me a while to find this thread :)

The backgrounds are photos from www.morguefile.com - free to use.
    The grass is partially from the photos and partially some 3D grass props which I placed around the figure's feet.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

- esha - said:

The grass is partially from the photos and partially some 3D grass props which I placed around the figure's feet.

Thanks for the info. Great use of the photos, really superb.

Is it possible to identify the specific grass prop used in the first promo? Not the main promo but the first thumbnail. I've seen it or similar a lot and cannot identify it. A bit wider blades than most and a brownish greenish color. I love that grass.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227
    edited December 1969

If I remember correctly, that's one of the grass props from Traveler's plant packs on RDNA.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I thought I had all of his. Perhaps one slipped by me I'll have to check!!

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

- esha - said:

Thanks for the RE Esha, those promos were very well done btw and morguefile looks like an excellent resource. Really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

- esha - said:

Wow, and I was going to guess Bryce, but I couldn't remember if you use it or not.