Ron's brushes tutorials

PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just bought the Ron's Horror Bundle, but sadly there are no tutorials included. And all I come up with when I search Google seem to be illegal download sites! :(
I will be using these in Photoshop Elements 11 and I need some pointers how to apply them, especialy for assigning colors and making them look as realistic as possible.
Please share if you have any links to easy-to-understand brush tutorials.

It would be great if he included tutorials of how he made the promo images though!

Thanks,
Peter.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Some of his sets he does include a PDF

Do remember that if you find they will not work in your version of Photoshop then there is a 30 day refund policy

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Sorry I don't have Photoshop Elements to try for ya. I have CS, CS3, CS5, and CS6

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Brushes ought to work in Elements. I think it has the same brush engine as Photoshop.

Yeah, I'd have apreciated some instructions myself. But the closest I got was a brief bit of info on how to do the flame effect in one of the flame packages. The .pdfs are mostly just references for what the brushes look like.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone.

The brushes work fine in Elements, it's just that they're all black/white. Just looking for some pointers to obtain eg. realistic looking blood colors, realistic fire, etc...

Peter.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited May 2013

A lot of times he'll add styles to the packs to get the look

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Not usually though. We're pretty much on our own for the most part. But yeah, there are some packs with styles as well as brushes.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited December 1969

Just bought the Ron's Horror Bundle, but sadly there are no tutorials included. And all I come up with when I search Google seem to be illegal download sites! :(
    I will be using these in Photoshop Elements 11 and I need some pointers how to apply them, especialy for assigning colors and making them look as realistic as possible.

It would be great if he included tutorials of how he made the promo images though!

Thanks,
    Peter.

Take a look here: http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/12896-rons-sampler-brushes
    Some free brushes and a tutorial.
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited May 2013

Ron's Flames has an adobe pdf tutorial on how to make more realistic flames included in the brush package.

http://www.daz3d.com/rons-flames

there's also some youtube videos that can offer some tips (links on the right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2ilR6XpaI

rons-flames-2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 91K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

That tutorial were part of the sample brushes linked above as well. It's a nice one though I ran into a couple of things that made a bit of hitch for me. One can simply be due to languages as my photoshop is in swedish and not in english (which I probably going to change soon, since most tutorials are in english) But I didn't find anything resembling Color Burn, only Color

My other problem, which is probably something simply I am overlooking cause I expect it to be more complicated... is how to actually move the grouped layers onto another picture :)

Other than that I I didn't had any trouble with the tutorial, and liked what little I have seen so far of the samples, and I do plan to get hold on some of Ron's brushes.. eventually :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Which version of Photoshop do you have? The Colour Burn blending mode is recentish - CS3 I suspect.

If the images are the same size you can just drag a layer across while holding shift and it will be placed in the same relative position (if they aren't the same size then holding shift as you drag just centres it)

edited December 1969

I have CS6, which apparently will turn into CC or osmething sometime this week if I understood everything correct. But it can simply be that it is the language that botcher things up, i am going to see if i can photoshop into english and see what it says.

As for the moving, I think i have understood the general way to move things, but I tried using that to move that group of layers onto another picture, and it didn't work. Will experiment a bit more with hat tomorrow. Hopefully I am a tad bit more awake than :)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Thanks,
    Peter.

Take a look here: http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/12896-rons-sampler-brushes
    Some free brushes and a tutorial.

Thanks, I came across this in my search, but I didn't know it was legit to download.

Peter.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Very nice, thanks!

Peter.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited May 2013

That tutorial were part of the sample brushes linked above as well. It's a nice one though I ran into a couple of things that made a bit of hitch for me. One can simply be due to languages as my photoshop is in swedish and not in english (which I probably going to change soon, since most tutorials are in english) But I didn't find anything resembling Color Burn, only Color

My other problem, which is probably something simply I am overlooking cause I expect it to be more complicated... is how to actually move the grouped layers onto another picture :)

Other than that I I didn't had any trouble with the tutorial, and liked what little I have seen so far of the samples, and I do plan to get hold on some of Ron's brushes.. eventually :)

Here's the list in English....I would assume they would be the same order in your Swedish version just named differently. (Screen grab of Photoshop CS5 blend mode options). You'll notice that Adobe breaks them up in the palette into blend mode families.

One subject you should read up on is blend modes.

color-burn-location.jpg
    121 x 537 - 34K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

@Pixel8ted Thank you for the picture, without that I never would have figured out that efterbel.färg was color burn (I THINK that efterbel. is short for efterbelysningsfärg.. which would roughly translate into afterlight color) ..... Going to take a look on that tutorial as well, and figure out if I am able to change the language without having to apply for it up at Adobes site *shakes head*

/C

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited May 2013

@Pixel8ted Thank you for the picture, without that I never would have figured out that efterbel.färg was color burn (I THINK that efterbel. is short for efterbelysningsfärg.. which would roughly translate into afterlight color) ..... Going to take a look on that tutorial as well, and figure out if I am able to change the language without having to apply for it up at Adobes site *shakes head*

/C

See this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HvRgVeU8w4

I don't have this file but that might be because mine is in default English.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

was worth a try, but didn't helped me I'm afraid. Still had it in swedish. Ah well, I figure something out :) thanks for trying though

edited December 1969

Although Creative Cloud will be the only option available in future (barring a welcome change of mind by Adobe) if you bought a full license, rather than paying a subscription, your CS6 will not change.

edited December 1969

I did do the subscription thing, there's no way I would be able to cash up 999 dollars *shivers' Heck, I don't even get that much a month...

edited December 1969

Yeah, for new users the subscription scheme is attractive (though it wills till prove more expensive eventually). Fortunately I had a windfall several years ago (when Photoshop 5.5 was current) that let me buy one of the pre-CS bundles.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I have the horror bundle, but I overlooked the layer styles!
    Seems easy to load them in PS Elements 11.

Peter.