DAZ Install Manager 1.0.1.59 Update

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...submitted.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but for future versions of DIM, would it be possible to give it access to the names of the PAs?

I've been trying to see which of Lisa's Botanicals I already have, ideally without clicking each and every one of the products in the sale list. I thought DIM might be able to help, but not all of her things have "Lisa's Botanicals" in the title. And the DIM filters don't list PA in their "Filter By" lists, and it's not one of the fields exportable to CSV, so I can only assume DIM doesn't currently have access to that information.

Is that something that's on the list for the future, or is it not possible technically? Or am I missing some embarrassingly obvious place where it says, "Yo! PA name here, dummy!"

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited May 2013

vwrangler said:
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but for future versions of DIM, would it be possible to give it access to the names of the PAs?...

Not that I could see -- +1 on this request - very useful for sorting and filtering.

Also, an indication of the total size of data in the download queue would be helpful - I just blew the remainder of my monthly allowance last night on 8Gig of download >_<.</p>

ETA: no problems encountered with a Win7 installation and usage - hope it can install the Make Art button as well ;-).

Post edited by M F M on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Okay, I'm not sure if this is already an addressed problem, but I'm a bit short on time at the moment to go through 7+ pages of discussion to find out. So I'll just post these attachments and kindly ask "what gives?"

This has been attempted both through site-provided link and via the DIM Upgrade Alert itself, both with the same result...

Error_2.png
    1600 x 900 - 900K
    Error_1.png
    1600 x 900 - 895K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you download 1.0.1.58 by chance? That was announced and a day or two later 1.0.1.59 came out.
    1.0.1.58 had a problem with uninstalling.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Go to the folder and delete the uninstaller. Do you have dual graphics cards (NVIDIA and Intel)? This is known to happen because of an NVIDIA bug. If you go to Windows\SysWOW64 and rename nvinit.dll to nvinit.old you won't have this problem again.

edited May 2013

...gave up waiting on a response from the zendesk (especially since it is a 3 day weekend), uninstalled then re-downloaded and reinstalled again only to find it still shows both corrupted usernames. I would think a full uninstall and fresh install would have cured this.

Why do I feel when all is said and done I'm going to end up with a dozen corrupted userneames listed as I seem to have to create a new account every time there is another update?

...this is just plain stupid.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Why would you set up numerous accounts anyways. It goes off your regular DAZ account

edited May 2013

...but when it installs, it apparently pre-loads the username, however corrupts it by substituting the letter "1" for the "@" character in the email address (see below).

The only way I have been told to fix this is to create a new account with the correct username. For some reason it has an issue with special characters which is a major flaw as when one initially creates a Daz store account the, are prompted to use their email addy whihc uses the "@" character..

DIM_error.jpg
    659 x 536 - 133K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Try going to C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Settings and delete out the .ini files before you reinstall

edited December 1969

...I just used CCleaner to remove all that and will try again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Will CCleaner remove .ini files? Did CCleaner remove the .ini files?

edited May 2013

...looks like it did for there is no longer and Install Manager folder in Documents/Daz3D. Used the Registry cleaner as well which listed several DIM files the main installer didn't remove.

This is my go-to utility to make sure everything is eradicated during an uninstall.

edited December 1969

And you are looking at the Public profile, not your own user profile?

edited May 2013

...ahh no, just looked and there is still a folder there. Thanks for the info.

couldn't I just edit the username to the actual email addy?

edited December 1969

Actually it seems to have changed - the email accounts are now stored in the C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts folder, the Public Documents folder no longer holds those. But you should be able to edit one of the accounts yes - with two, as you have, the one you select when you open DIM (even if you have to choose the Worl Offline mode) will be locked, so I'd choose the second to sign into, then open Preferences, go to the Accounts tab, right-click on the other name and choose Edit Email

edited May 2013

...I'm on XP32 not Win7.

Found it in C:\documents and settings\name\application data\Daz3D\install manager\user accounts.

Looked at the .ini files there and nothing seems to point to a login name.

There is line with account=(a bunch of undecipherable alphanumerics) which I would have no idea of how to edit.

However, I possibly can see where the name corruption is as the name of the second.ini is my email address which has the "a" instead of "@" due to Windows/DOS file naming conventions which disallow the use of special characters. This is most likely what the DIM is inserting as my username.

That is a serious flaw considering:

1. the Daz account username is one's email address.
    2. as mentioned above, windows file naming conventions disallow use of the special character required as part of one's email address.

edited May 2013

But you should be able to edit one of the accounts yes - with two, as you have, the one you select when you open DIM (even if you have to choose the Worl Offline mode) will be locked, so I'd choose the second to sign into, then open Preferences, go to the Accounts tab, right-click on the other name and choose Edit Email

...OK did so, but everytime I open it afterwards, it reverts back to the corrupted name and I have to keep manually fixing it again.

After setting up the .csv file just checking the "Daz4.6" filter I still get duplicate entries with "[content name] CF". Is there any way to filter these out at all sop I don't have to manually delete several hundred of these lines from the spreadsheet?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As far as DS4.6 is concerned those files are needed to install and use the content properly. So there is not any way to stop the CF files from listing in DIM. That would defeat the purpose of the program installing the needed content for the version selected.

edited December 1969

Delete both account settings so it makes you create from scratch. They're encrypted for security reasons.

Once you expost the .csv it should be easy to remove the duplicates in a spreadsheet.

edited May 2013

...not when there's several hundred lines of them and they have to be deleted one line at a time ( I have a lot of old content).

...and there are also legacy installers showing up as well which should have filtered out as I only checked the 4.5+ filter.

Create .csv should be a menu rather than right click option and there should be a filter or something that tells it to build a spreadsheet of the single product names only.

It was so much simpler and no where near such a pain to accomplish this when you could just list your full itemised order history on one single page, copy it, and dump it to an Excel spreadsheet as text.

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    The installers available in the Product Library have been updated. Windows users can download the installer from here, and Mac users can download the installer from here; you must be logged in to your account for the links to take you to the appropriate page.......

Here's a question that I bet others are asking... Your link takes one to the 32-bit version of the application. Is there a 64-bit version or will it not matter for 64-bit Windows users?

edited December 1969

32 bit is all you need, 32 bit applications run in 64 bit OSes and the Install Manager isn't handling enough data to need to be 64 bit.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...not when there's several hundred lines of them and they have to be deleted one line at a time ( I have a lot of old content).

Let's say your spreadsheet has the SKU number in column X. Assuming row 1 is your headers, put the following formula in Y2:
    =if(x2=x1,"DELETE","")
    Now convert column Y to Values, and sort by column Y. Select all the lines with DELETE in column Y and delete them.
    Simple, brute-force method that requires no knowledge of exotic spreadsheet features and shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do.

...and there are also legacy installers showing up as well which should have filtered out as I only checked the 4.5+ filter.

You mean the Legacy version is there in addition to a DS4.5-specific version? Please bug-report that for incorrect tags, or PM me a list and I will.

• edited December 1969

Hi, i change nothing in my path and dim cant install anymore. Have an idea please?

Capture_d’écran_2013-05-27_à_20.57_.00_.png
    895 x 1089 - 370K
    edited December 1969

You need to go to Settings > Applications and add the paths for Carrara, Photoshop, etc. -- those items need to install to specific subfolders of the application, rather than to any DS/Poser content folder.

• edited December 1969

Ok thank you, it works but not fot poser pro.

edited December 1969

Ok thank you, it works but not fot poser pro.

Did you put in the paths for Poser Pro (32 and 64 bit if you use both)? What version of Poser Pro is it?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've had the updated DIM for two weeks now. It's working great and I love the fact I can change the Install Directory from the Ready To Download tab instead of constantly switching back and forth. (If I could do that before I surely didn't know it).

But I just noticed this:

"Install Manager Default filters"

It's labeled as a plug-in and I don't know how/where to put it? Does DIM know, or do I have to set up a path to the DiM itself? I vaguely remember something about filter changes but haven't noticed anything different (doh). Will it be a problem for me that I haven't installed this plugin with changed filters yet?

These questions sound stupid and probably are, but I've reached the point with all this stuff that I'm afraid of depending on any assumptions.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Install Manager will install the "Install Manager Default Filters" package into the appropriate location, all on its own. The manifest file within the zip provides the information that Install Manager needs in order to know where/how to install it. Install Manager doesn't need you to define where it is installed, like you do for other applications, because it already knows which application it is and where it is running from.

We do recognize that, with the expansion to the types of packages that Install Manager is capable of installing in the latest version, it is important to make clear how a package installs; i.e. like software, like plugins or like [mappable] content. In fact, I spent this past weekend working on exactly that.

-Rob