How can I turn "Genesis" into a dressmaker's dummy?

launoklaunok Posts: 782
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Hi to all,

Can anyone please help me with ideas to turn "Genesis" into a mannequin doll (as seen in clothing shops)? Any tutorials? I am planning to make a shop window displaying clothes with Genesis but have no idea to do such! :roll:

Various styles:

1. Full Genesis with glossy kind of textures;
2. Headless Genesis;
3. Headless and armless Genesis;
4. Genesis with only torso part as sometimes also seen in shop displays;
5. Only Genesis head and shoulders to use for hat displays
6. Arms only for displaying gloves, etc.
7. Legs only for displaying stockings, socks, etc.
8. Any other styles I can't think off!

And if it's possible, can I use the same techniques for the Millennium 1-5 people too, i.e. V2, M2 up to V4, M4, K4, etc.?

Any advice or links to tutors will be much appreciated! :-)

EDIT: I should have rather direct this in the Daz Studio forum.

Regards,

Laura

Post edited by launok on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2013

You're not talking about just going into the Scene tab and clicking the eye shut for the body part? Aka, if you click the eye closed on the head, the head disappears. Click on the bones to get the dropdowns to appear.

EDIT: well, it was a thought. It just doesn't start and stop smoothly, does it?!

Post edited by Novica on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

Have you seen this?

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-mannequin

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have seen the product but can't buy it currently as Pensioner. That is why I want to learn to do things myself rather. :)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    You're not talking about just going into the Scene tab and clicking the eye shut for the body part? Aka, if you click the eye closed on the head, the head disappears. Click on the bones to get the dropdowns to appear.

EDIT: well, it was a thought. It just doesn't start and stop smoothly, does it?!

Thanks for the input - I am still learning Daz Studio and actually don't know much about the program and it's features.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    TimG said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have seen the product but can't buy it currently as Pensioner. That is why I want to learn to do things myself rather. :)

You could take the individual body parts you want gone and reduce the scale to 0. You might need to do some post-work to clean up, but it won't give you that hollow look.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited May 2013

Try this -

Scale the parts you don't want to 0%. It's not as clean as a regular mannequin, but it may be workable.

And you don't need to scale them all, just the first part in the chain you don't want. (shoulders, thighs and head in this case)

Edit - TimG posted the same suggestion while I was setting up the example render. :)

Manequin_rough.png
    1225 x 918 - 87K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    edited December 1969

Try this -

Scale the parts you don't want to 0%. It's not as clean as a regular mannequin, but it may be workable.

And you don't need to scale them all, just the first part in the chain you don't want. (shoulders, thighs and head in this case)

Edit - TimG posted the same suggestion while I was setting up the example render. :)

Thanks for the advice! Appreciated. :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    Try this -

Thanks for the advice! Appreciated. :)

Just a quick add on - if you want the head/hands/legs, then you need to set the parts you don't want to 0.1%, or else the parts further down the parent-child chain will be scaled to 0 as well.