So what's the deal with the Gallery?

StealthWorksStealthWorks Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Hi,
I haven't spent much time in the forums of late so apologies if this has been covered recently. Just wondered if DAZ were ever going to restart the monthly gallery submissions? I for one used to look forward to the start of each month to see if any of my images made it into the gallery and, if so, it was lovely to get a reward to spend in the store. We also got to see the cream of the crop as decided by the DAZ team rather than, as on other sites, having to wade through tons of images that lets face it, tend to be mostly based around Victoria /Genesis showing as much T and A as possible!

The monthly gallery challenge stimulated artists to come up with truly inspiring images and push the DAZ software and content to the limit. Even if you weren't so generous with the prizes as you were before it would be wonderful to have somewhere where only the best of the best images were showcased and inspired us all with what really could be achieved using DAZ products. Please bring back the monthly Gallery DAZ!!!

Post edited by StealthWorks on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I haven't spent much time in the forums of late so apologies if this has been covered recently. Just wondered if DAZ were ever going to restart the monthly gallery submissions? I for one used to look forward to the start of each month to see if any of my images made it into the gallery and, if so, it was lovely to get a reward to spend in the store. We also got to see the cream of the crop as decided by the DAZ team rather than, as on other sites, having to wade through tons of images that lets face it, tend to be mostly based around Victoria /Genesis showing as much TA as possible!

The monthly gallery challenge stimulated artists to come up with truly inspiring images and push the DAZ software and content to the limit. Even if you weren't so generous with the prizes as you were before it would be wonderful to have somewhere where only the best of the best images were showcased and inspired us all with what really could be achieved using DAZ products. Please bring back the monthly Gallery DAZ!!!

The galleries have been gone for quite some time, and there's no sign of them returning yet. It's possible that it's in the works, but as far as I'm aware there has been no official word on the matter.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

We are assured that Galleries will be returning, but have no time scale on it, not any idea of what format they will be in.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

its pretty bad when Daz won't even commit to "soon"

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

They're probably on Blizzard's/World of Warcraft's time zone. :P

(in case you're not familiar with it, "soon" with that company is 2 days shy of never)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

There are a great many people who will not use Facebook, or any other similar site. Equally there are a great many people wo don't use DA, for many different reasons.

More people want Galleries to come back to DAZ 3D than have the attitude that the site is better without them.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited May 2013

If I could be bothered to search I could point you to a great many threads where people are asking, as did the OP of this thread, about the apparent demise of the DAZ 3D Galleries and when would they reappear. I could even point you to one thread where some one has said "Oh and did I forget to mention that we need galleries" at least 6 times on the same thread.

However I have yet to come across a thread where anyone is saying that they are pleased that the galleries have gone, till today that is.

Also there are a great many threads where people are saying how annoyed they are about DAZ 3D using facebook and thus locking out those people who do not subscribe to this sort of so called Social Media.

I am not pushing my own opinion, merely stating what has been said in the forums for the last year by a large number of froum members.

Edited to add that in fact the feelings against Facebook have actually carried over from the old forums, that is how much that is talked about.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

I would love to see the galleries return. I don't do Facebook, and don't have a DA account. IMVHO the galleries here were a very valuable resource and marketing tool. I know I have purchased items that looked fantastic in a gallery image that I had previously passed on due to the promo renders by the vendor that really didn't make the product look that great.

For better marketing, and to ensure that DAZ is showing off the best of the best, I would think that having the galleries here, like they used to, and linking the monthly gallery images to their facebook page would be much better. It would also provide more consistent, manageable, and cost effective exposure than having separate galleries at each location.

If DAZ were to put their main gallery on FB or DA instead of here, I doubt I would visit it much - if at all. I really miss the galleries here, and the inspiration they provided (of course the occasional voucher was REALLY nice as well). I also miss having an easy way to refer people to top quality images done with DAZ content/software.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

They're probably on Blizzard's/World of Warcraft's time zone. :P

(in case you're not familiar with it, "soon" with that company is 2 days shy of never)

If Blizzard's soon is 2 days shy of never is later 3 days after never?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

While we're waiting (and since we've been waiting for over a year)... 3DOpenCommunity.com has galleries. Small ones, unless you're willing to post there quite a bit, but "small" is better than "none," right?