DAZ studio and Carrara 8.x

Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all,

1. If I did an animation with Daz Studio pro, could I transfer these animation to Carrara 8.x for rendering?
Do I need any tool?

2. It seems that the old thread of forum was removed. Where can I find them?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Anyone???

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Sam Wong said:
    Anyone???

yes
    no
    save as DUF

• Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Do you mean that I can save file as UDF in DAZ Studio and then ....?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Sam Wong :)

If you have DS4 pro and Carrara 8.1
    You could try using Daz Collada export from Daz Studio.

The best way is still to reload your figures in Carrara, and apply the animation from studio.

You need to export the animation from Daz Studio,. as either BVH or using the Free Daz Script (Poser Format Exporter) available in the store here.

The Figures, can be Loaded into Carrara in the same way as you do in Daz Studio, by clicking on the Thumbnail in the browser.
    and if you save the animation as Poser format, (PZ2) then Carrara can apply that to your selected figure.

NOTE: Genesis will only currently load and work in Carrara 8.5 beta.

If you're using Genesis, and the Carrara 8.5 Beta, then you can use Daz Studio 4,5 to save the Daz Scene in the new DUF (Daz User File) format.
    This can then be loaded into Carrara 8.5 beta.
    You can also Save your animation as a "Pose Preset" from Daz Studio,. and save Material settings as "Material Presets"
    and those will load into Carrara 8.5 beta.

Hope it helps :)

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Sam Wong :)

If you have DS4 pro and Carrara 8.1
    You could try using Daz Collada export from Daz Studio.

The best way is still to reload your figures in Carrara, and apply the animation from studio.

You need to export the animation from Daz Studio,. as either BVH or using the Free Daz Script (Poser Format Exporter) available in the store here.

The Figures, can be Loaded into Carrara in the same way as you do in Daz Studio, by clicking on the Thumbnail in the browser.
    and if you save the animation as Poser format, (PZ2) then Carrara can apply that to your selected figure.

NOTE: Genesis will only currently load and work in Carrara 8.5 beta.

If you're using Genesis, and the Carrara 8.5 Beta, then you can use Daz Studio 4,5 to save the Daz Scene in the new DUF (Daz User File) format.
    This can then be loaded into Carrara 8.5 beta.
    You can also Save your animation as a "Pose Preset" from Daz Studio,. and save Material settings as "Material Presets"
    and those will load into Carrara 8.5 beta.

Hope it helps :)

Correct. One additional option, if you have the Aniblock importer for Carrara would be to save the animation in DS as an aniblock and apply the aniblock in Carrara.
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Doh !

I have that importer too, it's very handy, and I've used it a lot recently, and I forgot to mention it.
    My Bad. :)

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Doh !

I have that importer too, it's very handy, and I've used it a lot recently, and I forgot to mention it.
    My Bad. :)
    There are all sorts of ways to accomplish this. You can't be expected to remember all of them. :)

One more option is to use Animate to export MDD and Fenric's MDD plug-in for Carrara. This method is particularily useful if you want to go through another program to add things, like dynamics, by going through Marvelous Designer, Messiah, etc. :)

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited June 2012

There are all sorts of ways to accomplish this. You can't be expected to remember all of them. :)
    One more option is to use Animate to export MDD and Fenric's MDD plug-in for Carrara. This method is particularily useful if you want to go through another program to add things, like dynamics, by going through Marvelous Designer, Messiah, etc. :)

The thing is: DUF doesn t work nearly as well in Carrara 8.5 and DS 4.5 as Daz Collada used to work in Carrara 8.1 and DS 3. it can t import morphs, textures or clothes: it only imports the animation correctly. Most impoprtant of all: it doesn t import dynamic clothes. All things that Daz Collada used to do routinely. When I tried to import Victoria 5 from DS 4.5, the black figure on the RIGHT is what I got. Reported in the bug tracker. After so many betas, I don t understand why we are regressing instead of progressing.

EDIT: Apologies. My mistake. For the previous scene, I saved in DS 4.5 as a Support asset/Figure Prop as I used to. For the following pic, I saved as Support asset/Scene. Now Victoria 5 morphs and clothes are imported. But still, no textures as the figure comes in black.

duf1.jpg
    534 x 781 - 53K
    Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:

The thing is: DUF doesn t work nearly as well in Carrara 8.5 and DS 4.5 as Daz Collada used to work in Carrara 8.1 and DS 3. it can t import morphs, textures or clothes: it only imports the animation correctly. Most impoprtant of all: it doesn t import dynamic clothes. All things that Daz Collada used to do routinely. When I tried to import Victoria 5 from DS 4.5, the black figure on the RIGHT is what I got. Reported in the bug tracker. After so many betas, I don t understand why we are regressing instead of progressing.

EDIT: Apologies. My mistake. For the previous scene, I saved in DS 4.5 as a Support asset/Figure Prop as I used to. For the following pic, I saved as Support asset/Scene. Now Victoria 5 morphs and clothes are imported. But still, no textures as the figure comes in black.

Hence the reason this is still beta and not the release version. :) It is still being worked on. For example, the Materials was a DS error which was just fixed, and should be in the next public Beta of DAZ Studio.