Anyone Pick Up Skullcrusher Ogre Yet?

riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Yeah, I know it's new, but I was still surprised I hadn't seen any threads about it yet. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow. This is a good week for monsters, with Gargantual, Infernal Behemoth, and now this cute lil critter. I'm glad to see that the DAZ Monstrosities category has grown, and hope it doesn't stop here.

At any rate, if anyone has bought it, I wouldn't mind seeing some comments and/or renders. If I pick it up tomorrow, I'm still too busy to probably do anything with it for a week or so, and I always learn something from others' renders.

Post edited by riftwitch on

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited May 2013

I feel like there might be at least one more given the splash screen for studio 4.6

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I feel like there might be at least one more given the splash screen for studio 4.6

I haven't installed 4.6 yet, but looking at the product page, I think you're right. That fellow doesn't look like either of the other new monsters.

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

this is a qick test render with 3Delight

t2.jpg
    1490 x 1928 - 878K
  • dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried to resist; I couldn't. Here are a couple of quick comparisons between Infernal Behemoth, default Genesis, and Skullcrusher Ogre. No textures used to help focus on shape. Varied the grey in areas a bit to highlight teeth and such.

zebeasts2.png
    1024 x 600 - 639K
    zebeasts.png
    1024 x 600 - 683K
    edited December 1969

R25S said:
    this is a qick test render with 3Delight

That's nice! What background did you use? And what's going on with his right hand? That looks interesting.

edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    I tried to resist; I couldn't. Here are a couple of quick comparisons between Infernal Behemoth, default Genesis, and Skullcrusher Ogre. No textures used to help focus on shape. Varied the grey in areas a bit to highlight teeth and such.

Thanks, I always enjoy seeing your comparison renders. It's nice to be able to see the differences in the two Monstrosities, despite some superficial similarities.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    And what's going on with his right hand? That looks interesting.

Looks like the Bot Genesis geografted hand.
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

I picked him up early this am. He has a really nice skin on him. I also picked up the wicked morphs. I did a quicky render using firey genesis light set. No post work.

I was experimenting with trying the gummy shaders on the primordial barbarian outfit. P.S. I haven't played with the new sss shader sets much so I wouldn't base how good the gummy shaders work off this quicky render.

Wicked morph I used pushes down the ears so the texture looks a bit distorted there...but that's to be expected since the morph is so extreme in the ear region.

wicked-skullcrusher-ogre-1a-w-gummies-exp.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 269K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

LOL, I went straight for the same head morph too - an excellent shape :)

He might be an ogre, but he can't stand being teased... Don't Call Me Woody!

Woody_reduced.jpg
    850 x 900 - 290K
  • XenaXena Posts: 650
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:

Wicked morph I used pushes down the ears so the texture looks a bit distorted there

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have access to the textures when making the morphs so couldn't gauge how badly I was messing it up. The ears and nose gone morphs are the ones that will probably distort the most as they are really radical mesh changes.

edited December 1969

[singing] Let me tell you all about my best friend... [/singing]

I don't think they're going to make it very far, but the Ogre seems to be having fun anyway.

bestbuddies3.png
    582 x 918 - 567K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    [singing] Let me tell you all about my best friend... [/singing]

I don't think they're going to make it very far, but the Ogre seems to be having fun anyway.

If there's a third monstrosity, you've got the start to a wicked totem pole. LOL

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

too many, and they'll crash through the bottom of the monitor, hehehe

edited December 1969

@ riftwitch; I used "Mandgadfor" for the background and the hand is Bot Genesis.

edited December 1969

You have a house and a garden... now you need a whirlpool, they said.
    You can sit there with all your friends and have a few cool drinks, they said.
    That would be fun, they said.
    I wish I had not invited Behemot and Troll before the pool is delivered.......

Tubetest3.png
    1400 x 787 - 1M
    edited December 1969

DUCKY BELONG OGRE!

And yeah, I think every monstrosity should be added to the totem pole (up until the point the poor Infernal can't stands it no more, anyway, and he's already kneeling)

edited May 2013

Posing practice: Aiko 5 elves VS Skullcrusher Ogre

Bring-it.jpg
    1224 x 918 - 183K
    Post edited by dan.shive on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

SS shader on Ogre and bone club.

Gatekeeper.jpg
    1666 x 2000 - 433K
    edited December 1969

There must be treasure or a really exclusive party beyond those gates.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Nice render, tjohn.

I have to say that the Skullcrusher Ogre was a lot of fun to play with when I was building poses for it.

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Nice render, tjohn.

I have to say that the Skullcrusher Ogre was a lot of fun to play with when I was building poses for it.

Thank you! And thanks for those poses. I'm sure you recognize this one, LOL.
    edited December 1969

;-) I sure did. That's what caught my eye. But then I looked at your render and I thought you did a really nice job. I love the mood and the mystery you captured in it.

I'm glad you like the poses. That pleases me. :coolsmile: I can't say anything specific (NDA and all), but I have a set wending its way through QA that might be of further interest.

edited December 1969

Already setting some shekels aside then for...well, that which may not yet be spoken. :)

edited December 1969

And here it is: Monstrosity Weapons Poses (Don't forget to pick up the weapons.) The poses work with all three of the monsters.