How do I 'push'poses beyond existing limits?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have AM's Sabertooth and want to push the existing poses beyond what the dials do now. I also want the paw to be able to spread out, extend it's claws further in attach. Is it possible to do this? Is it a defomer thing or something else I need to learn?

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2012

To break limits on posing rotation: Edit >Figure > Limits > Limits Off (Rotation).

For specifically selected nodes in their dials: Right Click "Cog" Icon > Parameters Settings > [Adjust Min & Max numbers to preference]

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

To break limits on posing rotation: Edit >Figure > Limits > Limits Off (Rotation).

For specifically selected nodes in their dials: Right Click "Cog" Icon > Parameters Settings > [Adjust Min & Max numbers to preference]

OK ... what about if the 'fingers' of the paw are all one unit? Is there a way to spread them apart?

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I think the paw is the hand, so see if there are 'fingers' and 'toes' in the structure. You should be able to spread them when you override the 'side'-dial. I don't think it's al a one unit, but I could be wrong.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

I think the paw is the hand, so see if there are 'fingers' and 'toes' in the structure. You should be able to spread them when you override the 'side'-dial. I don't think it's al a one unit, but I could be wrong.

The 'fingers' are one unit.

edited December 1969

Ok, then I don't think it's possible unless there's a morph for it in the parameters-tab.

edited December 1969

Ok, then I don't think it's possible unless there's a morph for it in the parameters-tab.

Is that what deform is for? To create custom morphs?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If the model was designed so that each FINGER can be effected by a Deformer then you can do that. If they are all one mesh you will need lots of work and loads of deformers to shape them the way you want to.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If the model was designed so that each FINGER can be effected by a Deformer then you can do that. If they are all one mesh you will need lots of work and loads of deformers to shape them the way you want to.

Sooo, not something for a deform wewbie ... lol ... got it. I guess I'll use puppet wrap in PS.

I can't imagine why AM didn't allow for the claws to spread open ...

Thanks, guys.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Sooo, not something for a deform wewbie ... lol ... got it. I guess I'll use puppet wrap in PS.

I can't imagine why AM didn't allow for the claws to spread open ...

Thanks, guys.

You could ask him. He's a nice guy, maybe he'll make an extension morph and release an update of the product including this function. It doesn't hurt to ask.

edited December 1969

I think I'll do that :D