Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I haven't tried it out, but it looks like inlite studios has put out a free m4 iron man armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcvdywybm8

http://inlitestudio.com/3d/product/ironman-suit/

Thanks, Joe!

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

I've started a new job finally after 16+ months of workers comp and recovering from my accident, and the job is great. I'm an adult chaperone for three autistic young adults, two Aspies and one full autistic. I'm an Aspie myself so we get along well, and most of my time on the clock that isn't spent getting them to do their chores is spent playing video games and watching TV.

So last Friday I took my computer to work with me and the oldest client pulled out some drawings he did of a team of super heroes. We opened up D|S (2.3 as I still don't have 4 working on my new computer) and put together this image of the team in a few short hours..

From left to right we have WildFire, LightningRod, Earthquake and Tsunami. All are David3 with textures we put together on the spot in Photoshop; Helmet, gloves and boots are from Xurge's LARVA, goggles on all but LightningRod are from M3's Scout, the belt and lightning strikes on LightningRod are off Vadlor's GuyVest, and the other belts are from Andromeda.

That's pretty cool, Mike!

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited May 2013

TimG, looking at the excellent work you did on the bodysuit textures for Wasp, I wonder if you can help me out?
    For the longest time I have been wanting a good bodysuit texture for Alpha Flight, such as shown below on the center figures, preferrably one with and one without the maple leaf. Think you can do this for the Supersuit for Genesis?

alphaflight-era04.jpg
    624 x 385 - 119K
    Post edited by scatha on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

scatha said:
    TimG, looking at the excellent work you did on the bodysuit textures for Wasp, I wonder if you can help me out?
    For the longest time I have been wanting a good bodysuit texture for Alpha Flight, such as shown below on the center figures, preferrably one with and one without the maple leaf. Think you can do this for the Supersuit for Genesis?

I'll see what I can do.

edited December 1969

Much appreciated. :D

• Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited May 2013

scatha said:

How about this?

I saw you asking and laughed because I was just working on this a couple days ago for one of my supersuit bundles. Nothing special just some simple textures. The leaf should come off very easily on each map in an image editor.

I hope it works, the packaging might be off but all the files are there.

http://www.randalllloyd.com/AlphaFlight.zip (1.5MB)

Happy BIrthday!

Alpha_Flight.png
    968 x 1469 - 1M
    Post edited by Randall Lloyd on
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited May 2013

Since you all are inclined to appreciate superheroes and are no doubt familiar with the supersuit, I will announce this here.

I need Beta Testers for 22 Supersuit products that I have created for the DAZ Store.

6 have already begun testing and its going slow because the wonderful 5 people I have now cannot be expected to test this much content and still have lives and whatnot :D

If you are interested, please read carefully before applying.

If you were one of my Ninjas previously, you may get moved to the front of the line, but only because I know you and how you work.

here are the requirements.

-You must be ok with working for little or no compensation. The only thing I can offer for sure is a discount on the product. I dont know how much, it depends on DAZ. If its up to me, You will get it free.

-You must agree to actively participate in testing. This means daily substantial feedback and evaluation of the product.

-You must be using the latest version of DAZ Studio 4.5

-You must be able to render capably and know your way around the Surfaces tab.

-You must own all the supersuit products. (Sci-fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Boots an Belt and Cape)

-You must know how to create and maintain a separate Library structure for the beta content.

-You must agree to Keep everything related to the process confidential

-You must agree not to distribute any of the files and to delete all beta materials at the conclusion of the testing.

-PA's or people that create product for sale on the DAZ Store or other stores are inelegible.

Those of you who have tested with me before, know my testing setup is structured and engaging... I hope to work with you soon and get these fun products out quickly.

Please email me expressing your desire to join up. I cannot take everyone unfortunately, there are only 5 slots available.

[email protected]

Thanks

Post edited by Randall Lloyd on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Me am (un)happy to hear you am making more superheroes, Randall!

Bizarro.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 362K
    edited December 1969

scatha said:

How about this?

I saw you asking and laughed because I was just working on this a couple days ago for one of my supersuit bundles. Nothing special just some simple textures. The leaf should come off very easily on each map in an image editor.

Happy BIrthday!

That's better than what I would be able to come up with. Awesome job!

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I haven't tried it out, but it looks like inlite studios has put out a free m4 iron man armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcvdywybm8

http://inlitestudio.com/3d/product/ironman-suit/

It looks pretty descent work..but it has some inverted polygons at the thighs which makes it impossible to render properly at reality..other than that its pretty cool...

edited May 2013

scatha said:

How about this?

Happy BIrthday!

OMG, this is perfect. Thanks a lot.

Really wish I could take you up on that tester position offer, but I am having computer issues and seeing I am on long-term sickness benefits it may take me a while to fix... (see explanation here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21663/ )

Post edited by scatha on
  • equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited May 2013

Thanks to the awesomeness of Joequick, rduda, Redfern, BlueBeetle3 and Stonemason, here's a little love for a couple of my all-time favorites...

"Those Two Guys..."
    Blue and Gold. Beetle and Booster. Ted and Mike. Best friends, partners, brothers. To much of the world, even to some of their own teammates, they were considered the jokes of the Justice League. But those who bothered to look past their fun-loving -- often, admittedly buffoonish -- exteriors knew the truth: when it came down to it, they were heroes to the core.

ThoseGuys_full.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 893K
    Post edited by equinoxx5 on
  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:
    Thanks to the awesomeness of Joequick, rduda, Redfern, BlueBeetle3 and Stonemason, here's a little love for a couple of my all-time favorites...

"Those Two Guys..."
    Blue and Gold. Beetle and Booster. Ted and Mike. Best friends, partners, brothers. To much of the world, even to some of their own teammates, they were considered the jokes of the Justice League. But those who bothered to look past their fun-loving -- often, admittedly buffoonish -- exteriors knew the truth: when it came down to it, they were heroes to the core.

Warner Brothers could/should make a buddy movie with those too.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Heads-up Hawkeye fans: Future Wilderness just popped up in the store, which has got me wondering: is there a 3D archery resource list out there anywhere? Because beautiful as that bow is, the way all the flex in the limbs is concentrated near the riser is bugging me, and I'd like to see what else is out there for comparison.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited May 2013

Heads-up Hawkeye fans: Future Wilderness just popped up in the store, which has got me wondering: is there a 3D archery resource list out there anywhere? Because beautiful as that bow is, the way all the flex in the limbs is concentrated near the riser is bugging me, and I'd like to see what else is out there for comparison.

You're right: a compound bow like that, with quadrilateral framing in the limbs above and below the handguard, is not going to flex in that manner: the materials used (RL) to make a bow that bends the way that one does would a) snap off from early fatigue there at the ends of the red rigid portion, b) impart dreadfully little force into the shot, and c) imply an imbalanced weight distribution in the weapon as a whole. And I am neither an archer nor a physicist.

The reason for the quad cutouts is to allow flexion in the limbs there, and to lose weight, without compromising limb stability, strength, or balance.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Really, that'd probably work out better for Speedy/Red Arrow from Young Justice as opposed to Hawkeye.
    edited December 1969

Yeah, kinda realized it had shades of the movie version of Hawkeye shortly after I made the post. But I still think it'd work out pretty well for Red Arrow from YJ as well.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:

"Those Two Guys..."

Nice job :)

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

i made this after Joe mentioned the inlite studios new ironman suit...

i wasn't crazy with what i made but it seems that in Deviant art people had a different opinion than me...

27.000 views and counting.... :)

http://isikol.deviantart.com/art/The-Fall-and-Rise-of-Tony-Stark-372105335

ironman-3.jpg
    869 x 1200 - 227K
  • oro_snakeoro_snake Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Wow, that does look marvelous!

(lol, bad pun?)

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hipster Heroes

PunkHeroes001.jpg
    1500 x 1083 - 266K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Hipster Heroes

That is so cool. I love alternate takes like this; this style, in particular, looks like something we could see on TV, very SMALLVILLE-ish.

Very well done, thanks for sharing.

--Walt Sterdan

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Hipster Heroes

Well, you did a much better job than Jim Lee did with the entire New 52. :cheese:

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys! I was planning on uploading more individual shots but my computer crashed. Again. Madness!

edited December 1969

Joe, thanks for sharing the awesome Blue & Gold set.

BlueBeetle.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 208K
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

Is Ted at one of the free sites?!

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    TimG said:

Is Ted at one of the free sites?!
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69187/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Blue-and-Gold-for-Genesis

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Great renders -- and freebies, thanks! Sorry that I've been doing more info-begging than render-posting here lately, but does anyone know if there's a poser-ready version of one of Tony Stark's helper 'bots (DUM-E, U, and/or Butterfingers) available anywhere?

edited December 1969

Joe, are you doing any poser version of the Genesis Blue beetle and Booster?

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Joe, are you doing any poser version of the Genesis Blue beetle and Booster?

Are you thinking Genesis via DSON or M4?

This discussion has been closed.