Strange question about Studio 4.6... ?

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know how to find the splash image that appears when Studio 4.6 opens? So that it can be changed?

I mean the one that shows up temporarily as Studio is first loading.

Being more into nature scenes, which Studio is particularly good at, and products like Songbird Remix, rather than the "monsters and

burning demons from hell" sorts of things that Daz so often showcases, I cringe every time I open the new version, and one

little person in my household was quite frightened by it.

So, anyone know how to change it back to the prior image?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't believe that it can be changed, that question was asked on the main 4.6 thread I think. I believe that it was answered by a DAZ employee who said it cannot be changed.

You could always write to Support and ask them, explaining your reasons, it may help?

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Thanks, JimmyC_2009,

I'll check that thread.

edited December 1969

Hey JimmyC_2009.

The 4.6 thread is enormous, and I didn't see any mention of the splash image in the first 15 pages...

I haven't found any real advantage in 4.6 for the kind of renders I do. The 3Delight renders take just as long in 4.6, look just

the same, which is to say excellent in 4.5; Omnifreaker already has SSS...

A couple of annoying UI bugs got fixed in 4.6, and a couple of annoying new ones got added...

I do like the UI changes I've seen, but it's not worth scaring little kids over.

As for writing Support, hey, they're already on the team that feels the current image is professionally appropriate. Go figure.

For clarity's sake about industry norms and standards, compare, say, SmithMicro's splash images, or Modo's or Lightwave's, etc.

By it's own choice, Daz is just not in that league at all, professionalism-wise.

I'll revert to 4.5.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Page 15, post #215 in response to #214
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22156/P210

DAZ_Spooky says no, the splash image can't be changed...though with other comments I've seen around the forums such as 'nasty' 'ugly' 'horrible' you're far from the only one who can't stand that thing so I wouldn't be surprised if at some point some crafty person comes up with a script or DAZ3d gets the fact they ARE turning people off. Sure monsters sell, but so do nature environments, fairies, plenty of children and teens, etc...

I think the mentality was "New program version so let's promote the new 'troll' as well." A bad idea to me since they do lose the 'one-size fits all' right off the bad with the packaging.

Oh well...

Cheers :)

edited December 1969

Hey, thanks for posting this, MJ_Vivianight,

I don't get the mindset, either, and it's good to hear others are registering their exception.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

nowefg said:
    Hey, thanks for posting this, MJ_Vivianight,

I don't get the mindset, either, and it's good to hear others are registering their exception.

Yup. objections big time, might be small, but it's with the pocketbook!

• edited December 1969

I completely agree with the need to have the ability to change the splash screen. I'm fine if DAZ wants to keep control of that, but a few child friendly options would be great. The last splash image wasn't child friendly, either. And by child friendly, I mean models with clothes that aren't skimpwear found in redlight districts, plus low on the gore and scary stuff.

If anyone figures out a way to change this, I would be very grateful.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Just set you UI to not load a figure upon opening. That's what I do

• edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Just set you UI to not load a figure upon opening. That's what I do

Thanks. How do I do that? And will that change the splash screen that loads upon opening, or the gray genesis model that loads when I open studio?

I don't mind the gray genesis model showing up, since it doesn't look real, and none of the kids have been shocked upon seeing it.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

It doesn't change the splash screen, just means you see it for a shorter period of time as you don't have to wait for it to load the stub scene (which by default loads genesis).

• edited December 1969

Thanks for that info.