SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

was going to purchase an item today, but when it came to checkout, there was a sales tax applied to my purchase. since when do New York State residents pay sales tax for Daz purchases? upshot, no purchase made…

• mbinmbin Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

When ever I come to the store on the Daz site, it seems to think it has remembered who I am, except it keeps getting it very very wrong. No one else has access to my pc, but in the last two days it has thought I am different people... I'm beginning to wonder if it takes a random guess at who I may be when I open the daz site! I hope there are no security issues with it thinking I am someone else! I can certainly see that ******** has 20 items in their wish list!?!

There seem to be several instances of this in this thread, but I don't see any response from daz? I will send an email to them later, but had hoped there would be a response. I just posted this with the peoples names as a topic, but it promptly dissapeared...!

• miramemirame Posts: 1
    edited June 2012

I am not sure, if this is the right place to post, but the prices for the Genesis Supersuit are more than confusing.

The Supersuit Pro Bundle shows the price $62.97 in the shop, when I am logged in correctly (and don't appear as xxx, who I am clearly not). I am a Platinum Club member.

In the newsletter the price is announced with $59.97.

When I bought it a short time ago I only had to pay $44.08 (subtotal, before applying any store credit) - nice surprise :) Thank you DAZ! But is this really, what you wanted to sell this product for?

Greetings from Germany :)

Mira

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

was going to purchase an item today, but when it came to checkout, there was a sales tax applied to my purchase. since when do New York State residents pay sales tax for Daz purchases? upshot, no purchase made…

It's not just you, I've the same problem as a California (who happens to be a native New Yorker LOL) resident. I've contacted Annie about this, and she is checking it out with Daz. I think the store is just charging tax everywhere....Magneto usually (?) deals with physical merchandise, not digital, perhaps that's part of the problem. When this happened before with California (about 2 years ago), Daz collected for a very short period, stopped it, and refunded all of us our $$.

I'm still having problems with the store pricing - just took a screenshot of 2 entries side by side, advertising the Supersuit Pro Suite for $100, and $179!!!...for the same exact product!

• edited December 1969

So, for me, checkout is broken in Firefox, but not in Chrome. In Firefox, I click on 'My Cart', then on 'Checkout', then I get this error:

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php on line 215

at the URL: https://www.daz3d.com/shop/checkout/onepage/

In Chrome, the same procedure actually gets me into the checkout and I successfully bought and downloaded a couple of things the other day, no problem.

Also, the 'Continue Shopping' link in the cart goes to 'http://www.daz3d.com/shop/' instead of 'http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shop/' which generates the same error quoted above.

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Mirame said:

When I bought it a short time ago I only had to pay $44.08 (subtotal, before applying any store credit) - nice surprise :) Thank you DAZ! But is this really, what you wanted to sell this product for?

Greetings from Germany :)

Mira

I hate you :) :) :)

I haven't been able to score any of the good prices lol....still waiting to buy...

• PsychaDurmontPsychaDurmont Posts: 33
    edited June 2012

namffuak said:
    Speaking of the supersuit - the prices are wonky.

On the promotions page, the pro bundle is $48.98.

Move it to the wishlist and it goes to $67.97.

Click on the wishlist item and it goes to a different store page than the promotional offering link - and at least once, my "you may also be interested in" item was the pro bundle - for $50.37.

Time to go hide in the bunker??

I actually just mentioned this in the commons.

Psycha said:
    Here are the 5 Prices I have seen for the Pro Bundle. $49.98 $62.97 $89.96 $99.95 on the website and $59.97in the email. All I know is that I would rather have it at the lowest price shown. To top it off, the website kept calling me Marcus Tillman for a while earlier. The store shouldn't even be open nor should they have released the Supersuit with the website broken. Why would you want to play register roulette?

Im waiting to hear what the actual price is before purchasing. I really want the suit bundle but I will not play phone tag with DAZ trying to get the money amounts straightened out.
    Id just rather wait.

And it is killing me cause it looks so cool that I do want to play.

Also it called me xxx until I logged out and then logged back in with my own name. These site errors have got to have DAZ's Programmers pulling their hair out.

Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz075.jpg
    695 x 289 - 23K
    Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz076.jpg
    546 x 75 - 8K
    Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz074.jpg
    208 x 281 - 12K
  • SisterofDarknessSisterofDarkness Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

i have the Supersuite Pro Suite bundle in my cart for a price of $125.97 (logged in)

the newsletter says it's going to be $119.97 (PC discount included)

which price is correct please??

i am a PC member and as such i was expecting to pay $119.97 and not $125.97

• redhorseredhorse Posts: 83
    edited June 2012

When I come to the site's main page, I am forced to log in every time - it doesn't remember me even though I checked the box. However, the login is successful and shows my name, "Robert" at the top.

Then, I go to Shop > New Releases.

At the top right, it says "Not xxx?" (last name witheld for her privacy) and has a wishlist link claiming 873 items. Clicking on the wishlist link takes me to my own wishlist with 43 items. So, xxx can relax - I'm not really in her account. But the store page is either:
    a. Incorrectly reading the cookie on my machine
    b. Defaulting to someone's name and not reading the cookie at all
    c. Is reading the cookie correctly, but screwing up the database lookup
    d. Something else that I haven't considered :)

This is perfectly repeatable each time I visit the site. This only affects the store page and how it appears. I'm not actually in the other person's account as far as I can tell. But I'll be watching my credit card statements closely just to be sure someone else isn't using my account. :)

• edited June 2012

This new site is scaring the hell out of me. I don't feel like my data is safe here.

I just navagated to the main page and it showed that I was logged in as a "xxx" with a wishlist of 457 items, despite not being "xxx" or logged in.

Plus, the prices aren't showing the discounts properly and seem to change randomly. The "Move to Cart" and "Move to Wishlist buttons" are flakey.

Recent orders in my order history (those of $0) show my old address from over 8 years ago as the billing address and there isn't any place to change or fix that.

Publicly beta testing software is one thing, but publicly beta testing a website with people's private/personal information is downright dangerous.

I love your products DAZ and there are many new things I want to purchase from you. However, the problems that are happening with this website are keeping me from trusting the website enough to make said purchases.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

OK really.... Why do I have to sign in for every page I want to go to even though I leave the keep me logged in box checked.. Not only that I contacted CS a couple days ago with an installer issue and not even and automatic reply to say they have recieved it. This has gotten old really fast...

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing that the support @ daz3d email is getting a bit overworked, but it seems a lot of people aren't getting responses. I've been having some problems with the site, but admittedly fairly minor until yesterday -- wrong/random prices showing up, no information on when discounted items go off sale, no apparent way to view all sale items.

Yesterday however I figured I'd pick up the Supersuit, but due to a combination of tiredness and unfamiliarity with the new layout I picked up the Supersuit Sci-Fi Bundle, being under the impression the Supersuit was included. After going through all my downloads (incidentally, it'd be nice if we could have the option to show only PC or Mac downloads, rather than both...) I found that it wasn't.

The order confirmation said to contact sales @ daz3d which is a dead address, when sending a request for a partial refund to it I got some error message saying that the Google Group could not be posted to o_O I resent it to support @ daz3d but still waiting to hear back, and I'd like to get the Supersuit before it goes off sale.

To be honest I'm baffled as to why the site was changed, I had no problems at all with the old version and it seems the new edition is broken and buggy in all sorts of ways. I prefer Daz to any of the other content sites (Rendo, RDNA, and so on) but with it being so awkward to use now it's making me wonder if I should continue with the PC membership :/

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

I had to reset my downloads that I bought when the site first came back up ok everything downloaded fine except the RHS Stagecoach one part will download but not install the other won't download even though it says it does (I know my connection is not that fast) and that won't install either I tried it just to make sure it was broken... Contacted tech support no resposne and I understand they are swamped but why buy stuff if I can't download it and use it (I have tried diffrent bowsers as well as diffrent operating systems) I have also cleared out history, cookies temp files and old reg files... Would love to take advantage of some of the sales but not with all the issues.. I am trying to be paitent but I to never had any issues with the old system although I know I am of the minority and that the old system was currupt... I love DAZ I really do it's a great system...

• PsychaDurmontPsychaDurmont Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Ok new issue. I just purchased the Supersuit pro bundle which I WANTED :)

However, when I go to the download page I have PC stuff mixed up with my Mac files. I hate when I accidentally DL a PC exe file. It just gets real confusing. Can Someone on the website team get the "Mac only files" feature back for downloadables?

Thanks it is much appreciated! :)

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Apologies if I missed this...

Were our old coupons supposed to be carried over?

Will coupons for, e.g, specific vendors still be given out, and if so will they be listed under Store Credit?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited June 2012

Mirame said:
    I am not sure, if this is the right place to post, but the prices for the Genesis Supersuit are more than confusing.

The Supersuit Pro Bundle shows the price $62.97 in the shop, when I am logged in correctly (and don't appear as xxx, who I am clearly not). I am a Platinum Club member.

In the newsletter the price is announced with $59.97.

Mira

Hm, when I looked at the product page now it was listed as $27.95, then I tried to put it in the cart, here the price was $0.00. Then the price on the product page shifted to $20.00. Something's seriously broken in the store...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,676
    edited December 1969

Psycha said:

However, when I go to the download page I have PC stuff mixed up with my Mac files. I hate when I accidentally DL a PC exe file. It just gets real confusing. Can Someone on the website team get the "Mac only files" feature back for downloadables?

Since DAZ is going to move to ZIP files rather than installers I suspect this won't change.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,493
    edited December 1969

If you picked super suit as MM buy it all (when will it show up and how?)

• TeloxiTeloxi Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Not sure if they haven't noticed, but the Contact Us is royally messed up. I want to contact someone about a little issue concerning the newest email newsletter and a blurb I caught when I clicked a link to come to Daz. Not gonna say what it is lol But it was a bit confusing.

Any ideas how to get a hold of someone in Daz concerning the news letters/site links when the Contact Us is messed up? The sooner would be the better.

And I'm not sure if I'm liking this new "look" Daz has come up with. I think I liked the previous version better.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited May 2012

I have thousands of items dating back to 2005, and this new itemized order page is extremely non-functional and useless without any way to change the number of items you want to see and also a search function. I always used to just hit 'Ctrl+F' in FF and then type in my text to search for. I want that back.

I also want the option back to hide the Mac files. I don't want or need them, and there's no way to turn them off.

I've already had to ask for a refund because I was charged twice for something because the site didn't warn me I already had the item. They need to put that back muy pronto. Every other site warns you if you're trying to purchase an item you already have.

The 'Add to Cart' button rarely works for me and I have to keep refreshing the page in order to get the item to actually go into the cart. Then I get a warning I can only put that item in my cart once. Well really???

I've had to change my password 3 times because the site won't login correctly. Even when I am logged in, if I go to another part of the store, I have to login again.

It's a chore to shop or browse with the way the categories are set up. Why couldn't they have left the show 'All Products and Promotions' choice? They really need to work on how the categories are arranged. It makes no sense at all.

Editing to add: I don't like these new forums either.....and now that I see my 'first' post, I notice it's not adding spaces between paragraphs. Now it's just displaying as one long tirade.

Post edited by sapat on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

LadySythe said:
    Not sure if they haven't noticed, but the Contact Us is royally messed up. I want to contact someone about a little issue concerning the newest email newsletter and a blurb I caught when I clicked a link to come to Daz. Not gonna say what it is lol But it was a bit confusing.

Any ideas how to get a hold of someone in Daz concerning the news letters/site links when the Contact Us is messed up? The sooner would be the better.

Check out this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Well I'm still waiting for a reply to my emails about the stuck pending order and the weekend is upon us so it'll be the second week waiting for the downloads

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Apologies if I missed this...

Were our old coupons supposed to be carried over?

Will coupons for, e.g, specific vendors still be given out, and if so will they be listed under Store Credit?

I would like to know this as well. I had two coupons which have not made the transition. If Daz was going to do away with coupons the least they could have done is email the userbase and say "Hey coupons won't work after X, use them or lose them."

• TeloxiTeloxi Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Don't know why my thread was moved to this one. It has nothing at all to do with any of the topics shown in the first post. *shakes head* But fine, if you wanna have my info covered up by other issues about forum/site bugs...so be it...

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Quite frankly I wish the DAZ folks would focus on fixing things like the downloads of items already purchased that do not work for us so can’t be installed instead of releasing a ton of new things on sale then spend all the time they did just trying to get the prices right. At least have all new released be in zip form for pc as well from now on. Something.
    *Sighs*

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not sure where else to ask this ... but does anyone know how long the intro sales on the SuperSuit bundles will be running? Has an official date been listed anywhere by staff? It seems crazy for me to have to email support about something basic like this … not to mention they have YET to respond or even acknowledge my email about a double charge :sighs: I sincerely HOPE that the support @ daz3d.com address is working!

edited December 1969

Psycha said:

Since DAZ is going to move to ZIP files rather than installers I suspect this won't change.

Zip files rather than installers??? But Mac users have always gotten our installers packed inside Zip files. So there's no change there. The only difference now is that it's an absolute nightmare to have to randomly weed out all the mac installers between the exe files, especially if you're downloading more than five products.

That 'Mac only files' filter needs to come back ... PLEASE PUT IT BACK! :snake:

edited December 1969

LadySythe said:
    Don't know why my thread was moved to this one. It has nothing at all to do with any of the topics shown in the first post. *shakes head* But fine, if you wanna have my info covered up by other issues about forum/site bugs...so be it...

I think they moved it here because the first post tells you how to get in touch with customer service while zendesk is down, and that's exactly what you wanted to know right?

edited December 1969

sapat said:
    I have thousands of items dating back to 2005, and this new itemized order page is extremely non-functional and useless without any way to change the number of items you want to see and also a search function. I always used to just hit 'Ctrl+F' in FF and then type in my text to search for. I want that back.

I also want the option back to hide the Mac files. I don't want or need them, and there's no way to turn them off.

I've already had to ask for a refund because I was charged twice for something because the site didn't warn me I already had the item. They need to put that back muy pronto. Every other site warns you if you're trying to purchase an item you already have.

I've had to change my password 3 times because the site won't login correctly. Even when I am logged in, if I go to another part of the store, I have to login again.

It's a chore to shop or browse with the way the categories are set up. Why couldn't they have left the show 'All Products and Promotions' choice? They really need to work on how the categories are arranged. It makes no sense at all.

Editing to add: I don't like these new forums either.....and now that I see my 'first' post, I notice it's not adding spaces between paragraphs. Now it's just displaying as one long tirade.

Though Mac files would be Exe files for me, I wholeheartedly agree on just about everything here! Especially the loss of the CMD+F function (Ctrl+F for windows). It's like a slap in the face considering that NOTHING IS ORGANIZED ANYMORE and now we can't even sort it out ourselves.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

LEI1 said:
    Psycha said:

Zip files rather than installers??? But Mac users have always gotten our installers packed inside Zip files. So there's no change there. The only difference now is that it's an absolute nightmare to have to randomly weed out all the mac installers between the exe files, especially if you're downloading more than five products.

That 'Mac only files' filter needs to come back ... PLEASE PUT IT BACK! :snake:

No, they are switching from installers to a zip file with the content, which will be the same zip for all platforms rather than a separate Win installer and Mac installer. There will be an OPTIONAL stand-alone installer for those who want it.