first worthwhile render of mine with people in it! :D

Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
edited May 2013 in Art Studio

hello, i usually do landscapes, as you can see here--- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21802/

and i almost never put human actors into scenes, because i can never get skin hair or lighting right for them. but i made an attempt anyway, and wanted to show it, so i could get tips and advice on how i could improve it. ex. better lighting setup? skin settings wrong? any advice will help out. i was going for a valkeryie squad type feel. i think it looks ok, particularly in full screen.

P̧̝̹͕͖̠̤͕͓̎̎̀̂̇̉͐̂̚̚͜r̲̟̜̥͕͚͙̹̗̟̆͛̓̍̿̓̐͗̐̉o̞̻̥̰͓̻̣͎̞̓͛͌̈́̒̋̈́͒̎́ͅḑ̟̜̼̜̣̰̭̮͋̿͋̿̈̆͒͑̇͜͝ ̫̰͉̤̹̹͔̪̩͓̓̌̎̔͑̽̿̈̈͠h̰̳̖̬̯͔̺̪̠͈̀̑̌̔̇̉͋̊͝͝ă̖̪͈̱̫̠̙̝̲̝̽̂͗͛̀̽̅̂͠ș̡̯̳͍͎͚̹̱̀̑̓̐͂̒̆̕͘͜͝ ͚͔̻̤̦̦̻͇̼̥̍́͐͂́͛̈́̍̋͝a̖͕͎̠͕͍͖̭̫̖̋̿̀͆̆̑̓̈̋͝ ̜͚̖̳̰͚͓̠̩̫̾̿͌̐̀̅̀̈́́̚p̢͇̗̱̘͖̭̺̣̠̒̅̓͂̔̎͒̃͋̏ļ̢̬̱̝̲͍̫̹̋́́͒̑͗̌̊̄͝ͅǎ͈͙̹̰̳̤̙̞͔̤̔́̑̃̌̈́̾͒͝n̟̮̳̤̟͎̪̺̺̼̓̈̅̑̉͂̔̌͆͠

Post edited by Noved1 on

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited May 2013

I think it's pretty well lit and I don't see anything wrong with the shaders. I don't like middle woman's pose plus expression as well as the others; she looks to me like she needs the restroom (legs together and bent over is the problem).

Edit for PS: I like the slightly tilted camera angle. It adds a sense of danger and movement in a way a flat angle would not.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
    edited May 2013

yeah lol SickleYield, a laser shot to the gut has a tendency to make you do the bathroom dance. this one is set about 5 minutes before the first one..before stuff went down i suppose. i tired out new hair i bought to. thought this one was more of a test. and also, i did alternates with different colors. and thats always fun to see. though with color they start to look like power rangers...

rap9-------.jpg
    1210 x 553 - 372K
    rap8-------.jpg
    1210 x 553 - 388K
    rap.jpg
    1210 x 553 - 364K
    Post edited by Noved1 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 1969

I don't like middle woman's pose plus expression as well as the others; she looks to me like she needs the restroom (legs together and bent over is the problem).

I totally agree, that was my first thought! If it is an abdomen hit, her hands need to go up to the tummy. This angle makes it look like she is holding lower and in the "Gotta go" position. I do like the lighting (not the same old, same old daytime lighting) and the set use. :)

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

It is really quite good, IMO. I like the expression and her posture. It was obvious to me immediately what had just happened. Great job.