Autofit being temperamental?

deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 293

I've started experimenting in DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro 64-bit, and the Autofit plugin works a lot better than Poser conforming - when it does actually work.

On one occasion, I successfully converted a V4 bikini set and hair item to a Genesis figure - with the dialogue box popping up - but when I tried the same thing again later on with the same figures, the Autofit window didn't come up, and the clothes didn't conform to Genesis as if they were dumb props.

Weirder still, with another clothing set, one of the pieces was recognised by Autofit but not the other.

I've tried re-installing and re-starting DAZ Studio and the add-on packages, and I've also checked for updates, and the problems still persist. Does Autofit have issues with super-conforming Gen4 clothes that have their own intelligent morphing? Is there any way to post-produce non-Autofitting figures? Or is it just a bug?

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

deepred said:
    I've started experimenting in DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro 64-bit, and the Autofit plugin works a lot better than Poser conforming - when it does actually work.

On one occasion, I successfully converted a V4 bikini set and hair item to a Genesis figure - with the dialogue box popping up - but when I tried the same thing again later on with the same figures, the Autofit window didn't come up, and the clothes didn't conform to Genesis as if they were dumb props.

Weirder still, with another clothing set, one of the pieces was recognised by Autofit but not the other.

I've tried re-installing and re-starting DAZ Studio and the add-on packages, and I've also checked for updates, and the problems still persist. Does Autofit have issues with super-conforming Gen4 clothes that have their own intelligent morphing? Is there any way to post-produce non-Autofitting figures? Or is it just a bug?

If autofit doesn't pop up automatically it generally means that the clothing isn't fitted to Genesis.

You can generally get it to do this by clicking on parameters and under misc is the Fit to box. Choose genesis and the dialogue should pop up.

Some of it depends on whether you had genesis selected when adding the clothing. Some depends on how the vendor saved the product not everything automatically fits to the character.

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 293
    edited December 1969

Thanks, seems to be working so far... DAZ Studio just needs a little prodding.

• wolfman7367wolfman7367 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

When I reinstalled daz studio 4 on my new computer, had to re download the autofit tool. However the new and old serial numbers do not work when I try to register it. The ok button goes blank when I put in the serial number. Anyone know what the problem is. I tried to hit the link to the page, but says page cannot be found.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

When I reinstalled daz studio 4 on my new computer, had to re download the autofit tool. However the new and old serial numbers do not work when I try to register it. The ok button goes blank when I put in the serial number. Anyone know what the problem is. I tried to hit the link to the page, but says page cannot be found.

If you are running the latest version (actually I think any 4.5 version) then you don't need a separate installer for AutoFit..

So what version of DS are you running?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

If you are running the latest version (actually I think any 4.5 version) then you don't need a separate installer for AutoFit..

So what version of DS are you running?

4.03 I think. Downloaded it last april when it was offered for free

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Well that is an old one we are on DS4.5.1.56 now and Autofit has been much improved since then.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Well that is an old one we are on DS4.5.1.56 now and Autofit has been much improved since then.

but why would that stop me from using the version that I have? Even with a new serial number it still wont enable it

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

but why would that stop me from using the version that I have? Even with a new serial number it still wont enable itAll Versions of DS above DS4 are Updates with fixes, the New version of DS 4.5.1.56 has Autofit built in and you no longer need to install it or have a Reg number. It also has many fixes to the Autofit funtion.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

but why would that stop me from using the version that I have? Even with a new serial number it still wont enable itIt is your choice I just thought given the bugs that are present you might want to upgrade to get the beneifits. But as I said it is entirly your choice do what you want to do.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I thought I'd ask this here, rather than staring another thread.

I noticed a few days ago, autofit no longer allows me to select anything from the second dialog option "What Type of Item is it?"
    Autofit does function, but I loose some options I had with the Sickle Rigging and Morphing
    system.
    Daz version was 4.5 pro, but I've since uninstalled and upgraded to 4.6 pro, with no change.

Did that feature get removed, or am I having autofit issues? :question:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited December 1969

The contents of that list should come from \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Tools\Projection Templates - is that folder there, with folders for each template?

edited May 2013

EDIT
    Yup, ok, found em.
    Templates has folders for everything, each populated by various files and folders.

Post edited by Madbat on
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering if I didn't decouple the list from the database somehow? Does that make sense?

edited December 1969

I'm not sure whether the list requires the CMS or not - is it running OK?

edited December 1969

Autofit itself runs fine, but I get no options as to template...like bodysuit, shirt, srms(sickleyield) and whatnot. The selection box is still there in the dialogue, but it's greyed out and inaccessible.

edited December 1969

But is the CMS running - do you have anything showing under Products or Categories in the Content Library pane?

edited December 1969

Yup, that looks fine too. All content accounted for, new content too.