Victoria 4.2

TabianTabian Posts: 76
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Somehow my Victoria 4.2 has stopped loading. When I try to load V4.2 an information box appears that says (The “Victoria 4” support folder could not be found.) after clicking OK another box appears headed (Power Loader : import,) whether I click on accept or cancel makes no difference she still will not load...
Any advice please..

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Tabian13 said:
    Somehow my Victoria 4.2 has stopped loading. When I try to load V4.2 an information box appears that says (The “Victoria 4” support folder could not be found.) after clicking OK another box appears headed (Power Loader : import,) whether I click on accept or cancel makes no difference she still will not load...
    Any advice please..

reinstall her .

• TabianTabian Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

I have uninstalled her twice and reinstalled twice but still no luck..:cheese:

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

did you install her in the a default location or some other one? did you initialize her when the installer is nearly complete?
    And from the picture it appears you are trying to load her from a "default" 4.2 not a customized figure you made later, which should work but I want to verify that's what you're doing.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

The \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder, with all the morph data, is missing or misplaced. The Runtime folder with it should be in a folder that appears under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane, not in a sub-folder thereof.

edited December 1969

I stripped all DAZ content, program and folders from my computer and reinstalled everything a fresh but the problem is still there, she still will not load. Just another question, what can Victoria give me that Genesis can’t ?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2013

Tabian13 said:
    I stripped all DAZ content, program and folders from my computer and reinstalled everything a fresh but the problem is still there, she still will not load. Just another question, what can Victoria give me that Genesis can’t ?

Depends where you're your runtime is now and were you get your content from. If you bought and plan to keep buying from Daz3D you can expect far more genesis related stuff, if you tend to be more of a renderosity/runtimedna subscriber there is no shortage of V4 related products and while there are genesis packages they are far fewer at the moment. V4 has had more time to be developed for so there is more out there for her, she works in Poser for free, whereas Genesis requires the purchase of DSON. Either way V4 should be working and it's probably a simple fix. So lets try this:

Where is your content directory? Where are you pointing your v4 installer to?
    Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I think you can install V4 to the desktop, them move all the folders to their respective "homes" to verify they're actually going there. You can't do this with morph packs but I think this is an option to get started.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Right click V4's thumbnail and select browse to file, once that window opens you should see a PNG thumbnail, a Poser CR2 and a DS script file, probably a DSB, all with the same name "Victoria 4.2". Mouse over the CR2 so you can see the size of the file, should be 1.22 MB, if it is that size then delete the DSB file. Back in DS right click an empty area near V4's thumbnail and select refresh from the menu, now see if she will load.

edited December 1969

Some other features on Daz and other programs stopped working so I got someone to rebuild the OS. I am now running 64 bit Windows Server and Wah-Lah Victoria is back, stockings ripped but she has a smile on her face....

So from me it’s a BIG thank you.

Bubble_Girl.jpg
    780 x 1110 - 132K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot? Where is V4 installed?

edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot? Where is V4 installed?

Hi Fixmypcmike, I reinstalled Daz 4.6 along with all my content and everything is working fine. Just one thing though, I have a copy of Nicki V4 skin I am not too sure how I got it but it was installed at one time. How would I go about installing it without using the install manager or is there some way of using the install manager on uninstalled content. There was a read me file that is with it, here are the contents...

Thanks for choosing my Nicki Character for Daz Victoria 4.2. You must have V4.2,
    and her Morphs++ installed for this to work. You will find her in the Pose
    section of your library as Nicki V4. I hope you get lots of good renders out of
    her.

Thanks again,
    Midnghtrider1

edited December 1969

After a bit of playing about I finally got Nicki V4 skin installed so for now everything is as it should be, so I think it is about time to close this thread.
    Thank yall for putting up with me and thanks for all the help...

• FaunomanFaunoman Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I'm getting this same problem. I know the support folder exists, the program is looking for a particular path and it's not indicating what that path is. Once someone can tell me, I can move the folder to the appropriate location.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have you looked at what it says in the log file?

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File.

What is the problem exactly, will V4 not load from the Poser Formats area?

edited December 1969

Yes, the log file says:

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/DAZ People/Victoria 4.2.dsb
    Script executed successfully.

Nothing about the support folder.

V4 will not load at all. I'm using Daz Studio 4.5.

edited December 1969

If it always worked before in this version, you could try reinstalling V4. Make sure to run the BAT file on the desktop if you are doing it manually. If you use the DIM, uninstall using that, then reinstall.

edited December 1969

This is my first time using it since I just downloaded it today. However, I've had similar problems with other figures.

edited December 1969

How did you install it, yourself or using the DIM?

Where did you install it to? What other characters are you having problems with and what sort of problems are they?
    Where are you loading V4 frim, the Content Library or Smart Content?

edited December 1969

I used the DIM. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck. I installed it to the same place; the default location where the DIM made me install it. I think I had an earlier Victoria that had the same problem. I was using File->Import to load. I don't know how to use Smart Content or Content Library.

edited December 1969

See my post in your Horse 2 thread on how to use the Content Library.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem with V4.2 when trying to load her from categories or the product alphabetized library, actually I couldn't load any gen 4 characters from these libraries, only from the original install location, if that helps anyone. Maybe check where you are loading from? I don't have any gen4 installed right now so can't check to see if it works now from other locations.

edited December 1969

V4 loads OK for me from Products.

You have to use the one labelled Victoria 42 Base, most of them are Poses and Materials, but the last one in the list is Victoria 4.1.CR2, and it loads fine.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

You can load all Generation 4 figures like this...Window menu > Panes(Tabs) > Content Library

Content Library Tab>Poser Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Figures>DAZ People all generation 4 and below figures will have a LOAD Icon in that folder if installed properly and into the Default DIM My DAZ 3D Library Folder.

If you use a Different Content Folder use IT where it says My DAZ 3D Library in the above. If you use Multi Runtime folders they all should still list in the DAZ People folder for that Mapped folder.

I hope this helps.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

V4 loads OK for me from Products.

You have to use the one labelled Victoria 42 Base, most of them are Poses and Materials, but the last one in the list is Victoria 4.1.CR2, and it loads fine.

I don't really know why mine wouldn't load from products or categories, I had posted about it prior but never could figure out why. I was loading the correct file but I would always get the error message that it couldn't find the support files and then the powerloader would open but nothing would load IIRC. I do believe I uninstalled the powerloader and then it would load no problem cause I remeber asking if there were issues with the powerloader. Since then I had other issues and uninstalled wverything and am now just slowly reinstalling making sure everything works from the getgo. I will try installing V4 later today and see if it works now.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The important thing to remember with Generation 4 figures is this, All base files, all morph files and all character files, all files that call morphs like the power loader should be installed to the SAME runtime folder. And the Base file MUST have the Create ExP files .bat file ran on the system before the figure will accept any morphs beyond Base.

I keep for Poser my Gen4's like this...
    V4_Runtime: This holds all the Base files and morph files
    ..Characters: This holds all my Morph based character files
    V4_Clothing: This can hold anything really

I do this for POSER only. For my DAZ Studio 4+ I install ALL content to the Default My DAZ 3D Library as it is a Win7 compliant folder.

All my content loads and works as intended.

• Harkonnen1969Harkonnen1969 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem and only just sorted it, I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still had the problem but after changing the folder I installed it to it started working again!

• donalddavisdonalddavis Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

There are several threads on this topic and so far none of the advice works or brings much clarity to the problem.

A complete clean install of DAZ and the CMS does NOT resolve this issue.

The only effective remedy I have seen is to start over on the OS.

So, what is the root cause of the problem?

What is the step by step process to resolve it?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

aeternali said:
    There are several threads on this topic and so far none of the advice works or brings much clarity to the problem.

1) Make sure you have only one content folder with a "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder.
    2) This folder must be in a writable location, so on Windows 7/8/Vista it must be outside of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) hierarchies, and on MacOSX it must be a folder where you have write permission.
    3) Execute the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat (.command on Mac).
    4) Make sure you are loading "Victoria 4.2.cr2" from that same content folder.

• donalddavisdonalddavis Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Hello and thanks for the advice.

I managed to fix this on one machine but I have another I am going to try this tomorrow on another.

Again, thanks.

• rfajrrfajr Posts: 12

aeternali said:

1) Make sure you have only one content folder with a "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder.
    2) This folder must be in a writable location, so on Windows 7/8/Vista it must be outside of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) hierarchies, and on MacOSX it must be a folder where you have write permission.

Heya,

I'm having this probelm also.

I checked for condition #1 (Capure1-Capture5 is the result of searching for Victoria 4)

Capture 6 shows the contents of Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder

if I try to start V4.2 from either files (capture 7) or products (capture 8 ) if get the message in capture 9 followed by message in capture10

condition #3: i did execute the batch file

condition #4: the .cr2 file is in a different folder (capture 11)

what should i do? please.

Capture1.JPG
    903 x 934 - 181K
    Capture2.JPG
    864 x 158 - 39K
    Capture3.JPG
    925 x 741 - 122K
    Capture4.JPG
    882 x 166 - 32K
    Capture5.JPG
    911 x 485 - 99K
    Capture6.JPG
    723 x 954 - 97K
    Capture7.JPG
    410 x 431 - 47K
    Capture8.JPG
    384 x 396 - 38K
    Capture9.JPG
    538 x 312 - 26K
    Capture10.JPG
    615 x 608 - 40K
    Capture11.JPG
    680 x 740 - 96K
  • rfajrrfajr Posts: 12
    rfajr said:

aeternali said:

Heya,

I'm having this probelm also.

I checked for condition #1 (Capure1-Capture5 is the result of searching for Victoria 4)

Capture 6 shows the contents of Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder

if I try to start V4.2 from either files (capture 7) or products (capture 8 ) if get the message in capture 9 followed by message in capture10

condition #3: i did execute the batch file

condition #4: the .cr2 file is in a different folder (capture 11)

what should i do? please.

captures 3,4,5 and 9 didnt take so here they are

Capture3.JPG
    925 x 741 - 122K
    Capture4.JPG
    882 x 166 - 32K
    Capture5.JPG
    911 x 485 - 99K
    Capture9.JPG
    538 x 312 - 26K