WIP Gansill Towers. Cyberpunk city in a building.

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197
edited May 2013 in Art Studio

Hi.

This is a HUGE project. I've been planning this along with the rest of the massive "entrance to the new city" scene for 3 years now. (On and off lest it drives me mad).

I've posted renders of "East Gate" the walls to the new city over on the Carrara post your renders thread #5, however I wanted to share this building with anyone interested in a Blade Runner style future as it happens.

The idea is I'll post updates when something significant changes for comments, and if you follow progress you'll see the thing go from an outline of ideas (where we are now), to something useable in a scene (it's far too big atm).

I'll post a tutorial series when I'm done so that anyone else interested can produce the same (albeit in Carrara).

I should add that the elements of this model can all be bought in Stonemasons catalogue. What I'm doing is mixing and matching to get a unique composite.

Here we go then with version #1. Comments please.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197
    edited December 1969

A semi-close up of the level of detail in this tower.

It is still very much a WIP, but now I'm fleshing out the Level 3 apartments. 11 variants in various groupings to look as unique (per apartment) as possible.

GHT_Level_3_groupings_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Industrial and Transport areas incorporated. Diagonal structures removed in favour of larger "turrets". Level 2 section updated, level 1 section added to the very top. Entrance not in this version yet, and the columns need re-working. Progress though!

GHT_v16.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 793K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

looks great Steve , Are you planing on putting these together in a city or are they stand alone?

edited December 1969

Hi Ivy,

Thanks. I'm pushing the limit again here. It's the center piece of my animated series, and yet (cut down) versions must stand alongside it.

Hopefully at the end of this thread I'll be able to show a fully lit, busy, tidy version of this Tower Block.

We shall see!

Steve

edited December 1969

We have our final look!

The next step is how to reduce the scene size because as things stand it's pretty cumbersome and I need lots of these plus moving objects as well (flying cars etc)

GHT_v24.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 757K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Looks good, and sounds like an interesting project! :)

edited December 1969

Looks good, and sounds like an interesting project! :)

Thanks Scott - I'm busy reducing the file size now so It can be used with other models.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

Very good - looks cyberpunkish ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Thanks - I'm working on the immediate surroundings atm. I posted but I can't find the thread over on the Carrara forum, but it's downtown anyway.

I've also got the latest pics on my facebook page - all Cyberpunks are welcome to join!

https://www.facebook.com/scififunk?ref=hl

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Thanks - I'm working on the immediate surroundings atm. I posted but I can't find the thread over on the Carrara forum, but it's downtown anyway.

I've also got the latest pics on my facebook page - all Cyberpunks are welcome to join!

https://www.facebook.com/scififunk?ref=hl

Cool - would be useful if I ever decided to pick up and write adventures for NeoTech again or Cyberpunk 2nd edition.
    Could also serve as a typical Core Planet building in the FireFly universe (but I'm still in the rim with my adventure there -)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Cool - would be useful if I ever decided to pick up and write adventures for NeoTech again or Cyberpunk 2nd edition.
    Could also serve as a typical Core Planet building in the FireFly universe (but I'm still in the rim with my adventure there -)

Got a link? I'd like to see your work.

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Got a link? I'd like to see your work.

I have all I've released free on 4eyes (link in the tag, under adventures), but my FireFly stuff is still in writing and my Cyberpunk things were so long ago (before internet so they are in void, late 80s).