Duplicate Formulas Error Solved! Thank you Bejaymac!

JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
edited May 2013 in The Commons

IS there a quick and dirty way to fix the Duplicate Formulas Error

First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don’t have them or don’t have them installed.

Thank you, Thank you Bejaymac

The duplicate formula errors are easy enough to fix, DS4.5 or 4.6 will do it for you.

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you’ll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it’s the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
3) Dial the morph to make sure it works and then zero it again.
4) at one end of the dial you’ll see a little “cog”, click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
5) in the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
6) Set the color to 254, 254, 254 and click OK.
7) Click “Accept” at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
8) After that window closes go “File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets”.

DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.

You can now clear the scene and Genesis will no longer give you that error from that morph, you might still get it from others, but you now know how to fix it.

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on

Comments

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

This thread may be what you're looking for:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately no.

This is a log, the files listed are ones I have installed on my own from a Rar file and I have checked to see if the files are duplicated or on multiple locations and they are not

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Mallenlane/Takashi/FBMTakashi.dsf#FBMTakashi?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Joequick/Duckie/DuckTakashiAdj.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/MrHyde/FBMMrHyde.dsf#FBMMrHyde?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Joequick/Duckie/DuckHydeAdj.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking zOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking zOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
    File loaded in 0 min 7.5 sec.
    Loaded file: Genesis.duf

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

No, that's for duplicate IDs. Duplicate Formulas is an older issue which requires getting newer copies of the morphs from your account or from the Install Manager (if you have the Genesis Evolution Expressions you need to uninstall those first). This has an entry in the FAQ, linked in my signature.

edited May 2013

I did that and still nothing

what would happen if I deleted the genesis duf file

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Those morphs aren't from DAZ3D and I really doubt the vendor will update them. Is there a way to fix them ourselves?

edited December 1969

I really can't see how the formulas could have duplicated?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

It's a bug in very old versions of DS4, I think someone did discuss a way of fixing that set recently but I'm not sure.

edited December 1969

I have the latest version of DS4 and the latest of all the bases.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 2019

EDIT

The fix below is for use on Genesis 1 assets made in DS4.0, DO NOT use this for fixing Genesis 2+ content.

First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don't have them or don't have them installed.

The duplicate formula errors are easy enough to fix, DS4.5 or 4.6 will do it for you.

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you'll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
    2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it's the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
    4) at one end of the dial you'll see a little "cog", click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
    5) in the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
    7) Click "Accept" at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
    8) After that window closes go "File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets".

DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.

You can now clear the scene and Genesis will no longer give you that error from that morph, you might still get it from others, but you now know how to fix it.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited December 1969

Awesome Bejaymac, Thank you so much!

• Daily_DoodlerDaily_Doodler Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Worked for me, nice one!

edited December 1969

A c-c-color? All this time it was error for a color of slider? O_o

Bejaymac, thank you very much - it worked beautifully for me! No more annoyance!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Bejaymac, thank you very much - it worked beautifully for me! No more annoyance!

No it's not a color, but you must change something to save as Updated, the Save fixes it not the color change.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kattey said:

No it's not a color, but you must change something to save as Updated, the Save fixes it not the color change.
    Ah! Got it, thanks!
  • CougashikaCougashika Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don't have them or don't have them installed.

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you'll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
    2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it's the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
    4) at one end of the dial you'll see a little "cog", click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
    8) After that window closes go "File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets".

So I load Genesis into the scene, and an error message ... does not appear. Oh, well, carry on.
    Okay, so I find the morph in the actors tab...
    Wups, it won't load from the content library. It won't load onto Genesis at all.
    Dial the morph to make sure it works? I can't load the morph! It doesn't work.
    The morph does not list in the Parameter, so there is no dial or cog...
    Needless to say none of the other items from 5) to 8) happen either.

I'm not trying to act stupid. This is my first time doing morphs in DS 4.5, and if I buy a product I expect to be able to use that product after downloading.

• CitizenMCitizenM Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for this solution! Totally improves my Studio experience! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• edited January 2015

Been having this error for months... thanks bejaymac.

Post edited by wendymacho629_0e5efa8244 on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Wow! You are some kind of sorcerer! This has always annoyed the hell out of me!

• Bejaymac said:

Hi, how can you know which morphs have the problems and need to be adjusted?

• You just need to open your log and read the most recent additions. Mine seems to go back 11 days or so. Just scroll to the bottom.

Thankyou Bejaymac, thank you. I was about to start pulling out the few hairs I had left =)

• worked!!!

Thanks, was a pretty easy way to get rid of that annoying message.

Recommendation: First "Help/troubleshooting/View log file..." and delete+save ALL the log, then open Gen figure and start the procedure... it's quite easier to follow the log (in my case, some log lines where not ordered by date)

• On Windows machines look for this path:

C:\Users\login name\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

You should find a log.txt file that can be easily opened in anything, even the basic Notepad.  Ctrl-A -> Delete -> Save will flush the logfile to a zero-byte blank at any time, so the next action (presumably the one with the errors) is the first thing logged.

laugh

• Vanger ChevaneVanger Chevane Posts: 10
    edited December 2017

Also, with the file manage at the proper location for the Log.txt, it can be reloaded & cleared at any time with any text editor you prefer without needing to dig thru Studio to do it.

Save As should also show you the correct path to the log file.  a single left click in the blank space right of the "address" should give you a copyable link to drop into the file manager.

Post edited by Vanger Chevane on
  • dtinc88dtinc88 Posts: 81
    edited August 2019

IS there a quick and dirty way to fix the Duplicate Formulas Error

First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don’t have them or don’t have them installed.

Thank you, Thank you Bejaymac

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you’ll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
    2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it’s the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
    4) at one end of the dial you’ll see a little “cog”, click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
    7) Click “Accept” at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
    8) After that window closes go “File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets”.

Thanks! This resolved the "duplicate formula" issue that I encountered a couple of days ago in DAZ Studio 4.10 (!)

Post edited by dtinc88 on
  • The only issue here is the existance of the error banner itself. In no case these duplicates harm the work, you would never even know about this. But authors for whatever reason added the eror banner which only became problem itself.

Bejaymac said:

2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab

HOOOOOOOWWWWWW?! 

• The only issue here is the existance of the error banner itself. In no case these duplicates harm the work, you would never even know about this. But authors for whatever reason added the eror banner which only became problem itself.

Not true - if it's a duplicate name on two diffrent morphs causing the issue then that will stop one from working at all; if it's badly corrected or hand-edited ERC code on a single morph then the linkage will not work as it should.

Bejaymac said:

2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab

HOOOOOOOWWWWWW?! 

The log file will tell you (one of) the offending morph(s), though figuring out what is wrong and fixing it will be more than just tinkering in the Parameters pane

• I've run into this issue as well when loading genesis 8 females, it seems to have started after i ran the genesis 3 to 8 female convertions script.

My log file gives me the following errors after loading a genesis 8 female:

2019-10-06 04:54:57.484 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudstorewgt.cpp(1054): https://www.daz3d.com/skin/frontend/enterprise/daznew/groups/embeddable_scripts-918eab20546d8226ed168dc037883c8c.js(33): primaryNodeSelectionChanged
    2019-10-06 04:54:57.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudstorewgt.cpp(1054): https://www.daz3d.com/skin/frontend/enterprise/daznew/groups/embeddable_scripts-918eab20546d8226ed168dc037883c8c.js(33): lastSearchChanged
    2019-10-06 04:54:57.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudstorewgt.cpp(1054): https://www.daz3d.com/skin/frontend/enterprise/daznew/groups/embeddable_scripts-918eab20546d8226ed168dc037883c8c.js(32): new filters are
    2019-10-06 04:54:57.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudstorewgt.cpp(1054): https://www.daz3d.com/skin/frontend/enterprise/daznew/groups/embeddable_scripts-918eab20546d8226ed168dc037883c8c.js(32): filter-picker len
    2019-10-06 04:54:57.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudstorewgt.cpp(1054): https://www.daz3d.com/skin/frontend/enterprise/daznew/groups/embeddable_scripts-918eab20546d8226ed168dc037883c8c.js(32): triggering query

Anyone have any ideas what they mean?

• Those messages are not related to Duplicate Formula errors

• Hmm, they appeared in the log file right after that error occured, but i have completely reinstalled everything and the error seems to have gone away now

• Obidian_Rose,

When you said you "rinstalled everything"  what do you mean by "everything".   I'm having the same problem.