DAz 4.6 upgrade

MandogScrapsMandogScraps Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I purchased the new DAZ 4.6 pro.. but I cannot seem to find it to download.. I installed the new DAZ install manager and after some time it showed me my list of items I can download from my account, however I cannot see the DAZ 4.6 pro in the list. I also cannot find an area on the website where I can see a list of my items to download like I used to.. how can I access my DAZ 4.6 download?

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

you can not install daz studio by DIM .

after you buy daz studio from web shop (if you have not downloaded daz studio 4 general version, form web),
    you need to go to your Account page, then Go to Product library pane.

you can serch by Filter,, I think you simply find daz studio 4.6 Pro .
    then download installer, and install ds 4.6 Pro.

after that You need to install genesis sarter essential contents (buitl in contents for ds 4.6)
    by DIM.

• MandogScrapsMandogScraps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you.. I couldnt find where my downloadable products were LOL

Do I have to uninstall 4.5? or can I just install 4.6 over the top.. I dont want to have to reinstall all my items again

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DS4.6 will uninstall DS4.5 for you.

It will not remove or replace any content, just the files that it installed the first time.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

yes,, I think we need not,,,. but anyway when I version up ds,, I must uninstall
    genesis starter essential by DIM >>CMS >> aprications

after that,, I install daz studio , (it install CMS again) then,, install newest starter essencial fo newest daz studio ^^;
    I love newest ^^;

(when I update 4.0 to 4.5, it caused me trouble,, so I do ^^

but I think,, now We need not uninstall aprications,ds installer may uninstall old version,
    and if CMS have been up-dated it may auto up-date,,, as gimmy and daz say)

about plug-in,,,muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,,, I do not know clear,,,
    just hope it work without problem as same as before.

• MandogScrapsMandogScraps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you all very much

• drcharbonneaudrcharbonneau Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I received a firewall warning after downloading 4.6 (64bit). Is it possible I'm getting this because (1) it's an exe and (2) it's (as the warning reads) "not commonly downloaded" and I should simply ignore it? Mostly wondering if anyone else has encountered this warning.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Another one of those messages generated by the current paranoid versions of many AV programs.

It does somewaht stand to reason that as a "New kid on the block" it hasn't been downloaded as many times as older products.

It is one of the warnings that it is perfectly safe to ignore.

• revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
    edited December 1969

Curious if this will have any effect on Reality? Or if my reality install will be fine?

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

i just upped to 4.6 and reality started up fine so no problems their. did a quick test render, no problems at all. were good till 3.0

edited December 1969

I pretty much surmised all was well. If in doubt, move a pawn...

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2013

Curious if this will have any effect on Reality? Or if my reality install will be fine?

there's a thread over at runtimedna and the developer (Paolo) has responded
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?78801-Daz-Studio-4.6

I just wish my DL's stop timing out so I can attempt to use 4.6!

Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

SD,
    Doesn't your download list have a "resume" button? IE has had that since 8. Don't feel bad though. I just noticed it about 2 weeks ago. Real Player has that "retry" option too.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

No, it actually "appeared" to have finished, but capped out a 32MB. I think Daz3d was getting swamped with DL requests and servers behaving badly, I think they're better now though. Impressive update, anyone still holding out on DS3 should take a serious look at this one and I say that as the former Pope of the DS3 holdouts. For it is written: "Subsurface Scattering, and modeling tools, not to mention DSON loads and saves wicked fast." Daz 4.6

• edited December 1969

It won't let me get 4.6. It says I already purchased it. But I just got the email today.

edited May 2013

It won't let me get 4.6. It says I already purchased it. But I just got the email today.

I did too, but said to myself "Self. Try that button again!" So I did and the DL began. ;)

Edit: That was greatly abbreviated. The DL was actually in my account/library page... (also read that it was automatic, but one wouldn't know that from the email announcement...)

No, it actually “appeared” to have finished, but capped out a 32MB

I try to do my DL's in the morning hours EST. Less traffic.

Post edited by drcharbonneau on
    edited December 1969

Even if an item says 'Purchased' you can still buy it, it is just a warning. There is no point in doing that though, since your purchase history will have been updated, and the latest version added. If you go to your My Account area, Product Library, you will find the latest version of DS, type DAZ Studio in the Filter box.

• edited December 1969

Why was this not mentioned, anywhere??? LOL I have been trying to install DS 4.6 for 4 days and have done numerous searches for why it didn't show up in the content manager. Very frustrating. I don't like this new system at all but trying to get used to it. It would have been nice to know how to get it to install. I didn't even know the Product Library pane was there. 0_o
    When I got the email I swore it said to get the content manager to install it. Maybe I missed something but THANK YOU for helping me finally get the upgrade! :D
    Viv

you can not install daz studio by DIM .

after you buy daz studio from web shop (if you have not downloaded daz studio 4 general version, form web),
    you need to go to your Account page, then Go to Product library pane.

you can serch by Filter,, I think you simply find daz studio 4.6 Pro .
    then download installer, and install ds 4.6 Pro.

after that You need to install genesis sarter essential contents (buitl in contents for ds 4.6)
    by DIM.

• pixlgirlpixlgirl Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

does it make any difference which version of DAZ that one is trying to install DAZ 4.6 Pro to ? asking for a friend, they have DAZ 4.0

edited December 1969

You should be able to install DS4.6 over DS4.0.

The installer will uninstall DS4.0 for you as you cannot have two different DS4.x versions on the same machine.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

pixlgirl said:
    does it make any difference which version of DAZ that one is trying to install DAZ 4.6 Pro to ? asking for a friend, they have DAZ 4.0

Make sure they install Genesis Starter Essentials

• 2getit2getit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Im trying to install daz 4.6 right now, but when i double click the .exe it opens up a blanke window and does nothing

edited December 1969

Did you download it from the Product Library, and are you sure you got the correct installer for your OS and bit depth? What OS are you using, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

If the above is all as it should be, then it sounds like you have a corrupted file, and you would need to clear your cache, and redownload the file.

Which file it it exactly, and what is the size of the file?