DAZTMP

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Why do I still have to manual clear this folder?
I'd went to it because I miss saved something; wasn't where I thought I had saved it. What I found in the folder was 17gig of uncleared files :gulp:
Is carrara still not cleaning up after it's self?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited May 2013

The only time it doesn't clean itself out for me is if I have a crash or render an animated .gif.

The temp folder on render nodes is another story. They never clean themselves out on their own I've noticed.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

The only time it doesn't clean itself out for me is if I have a crash or render an animated .gif.

The temp folder on render nodes is another story. They never clean themselves out on their own I've noticed.

I've actually reclaimed some "lost" animations by finding their complete scene files in a rendernode tmp...

17GIGS??? :grrr:

Mostly renders or tmp files?

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

I've actually reclaimed some "lost" animations by finding their complete scene files in a rendernode tmp...

17GIGS??? :grrr:

Mostly renders or tmp files?

[palm to forehead] Damn Holly! That is a good idea! It had never occurred to me to recover a lost or corrupted scene file that way! [/palm to forehead]

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,919
    edited December 1969

so, if I look in my Temp file will I find some of Holly's avis?
    I wondered who was using my E drive ;)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As Holly pointed out, that 17gig was all animations I'd run, but not saved. So all the orphaned files were animations.

And I can't really recall the last time carrara crashed on me, locked up a few days ago, but no crashes.

edited December 1969

Not being a programmer I tend to think of anything that FUBARs my software a crash- even if I have to force quit. Probably not accurate, but it amounts to the same thing, losing work.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    As Holly pointed out, that 17gig was all animations I'd run, but not saved. So all the orphaned files were animations.

And I can't really recall the last time carrara crashed on me, locked up a few days ago, but no crashes.

Damn Stan!

17gigs. Things only stick around my TMP file after a crash. Then I have to go in and clear it out.

I guess the bright spot is you just got back 17 gigs of space.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

I came looking for info on this folder because I just found close to 4 gigs in it, I wanted to make sure I knew what this folder held before I started deleting.

Looks like another temp folder I have to visit often to make sure it doesn't swallow my gigs.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    I came looking for info on this folder because I just found close to 4 gigs in it, I wanted to make sure I knew what this folder held before I started deleting.

Looks like another temp folder I have to visit often to make sure it doesn't swallow my gigs.

I've noticed on my main machine, if Carrara is exited normally, then the temp file is cleaned up. The difference is my render nodes. The Carrara Render Node will not clean those out the temp file for some reason, so I check those fairly often.