For Pete's sake can some one make a Genesis Supersuit or body suit with DSON?!

rdudarduda Posts: 579
edited December 1969 in The Commons

For Pete's sake can some one make a Genesis Supersuit or body suit with DSON?!

PLEASE!!!!!!

Comments

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

The supersuit, as long as i had the chance to play with it, seemed very "heavy"...im not sure that it can be tranfered to poser...

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

I've tried, and cant do it. I do a lot of super hero stuff, and I want to use Genesis, but I don't have a good bace like a body suit. I would be buying Genesis stuff out the butt if I had it... and I keep begging and praying. So I'm sending out the reminder again to Daz, I want to spend money but they just seem hate us Poser users.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I've tried, and cant do it. I do a lot of super hero stuff, and I want to use Genesis, but I don't have a good bace like a body suit. I would be buying Genesis stuff out the butt if I had it... and I keep begging and praying. So I'm sending out the reminder again to Daz, I want to spend money but they just seem hate us Poser users.

Say that again...

edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    Rduda said:

Say that again...

"I’ve tried, and cant do it. I do a lot of super hero stuff, and I want to use Genesis, but I don’t have a good bace like a body suit. I would be buying Genesis stuff out the butt if I had it… and I keep begging and praying. So I’m sending out the reminder again to Daz, I want to spend money but they just seem hate us Poser users."

(LOL)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,326
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Just convert the M4 or V4 one.

edited December 1969

I would love too, but I cant, but I have money and I would like to buy one, or I can make props and trade them, but cloths I'm not good at.

DAZ PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited May 2013

Rduda said:

I would love too, but I cant, but I have money and I would like to buy one, or I can make props and trade them, but cloths I'm not good at.

I'm doubting the supersuit will ever be Poser ready since it's shader based for its textures. Really it's a bit much for most uses. If you have money, just get Sickleyields tools and convert the M4/V4 suits over to genesis. There's already a wealth of textures out there and it's MUCH easier to texture. It's really a 2 minute conversion, if that.

M4BodySuitConversion.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 496K
    Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

I'm doubting the supersuit will ever be Poser ready since it's shader based for its textures. Really it's a bit much for most uses. If you have money, just get Sickleyields tools and convert the M4/V4 suits over to genesis. There's already a wealth of textures out there and it's MUCH easier to texture. It's really a 2 minute conversion, if that.

What is sickleyields tool and is it for Mac?

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Rduda said:

What is sickleyields tool and is it for Mac?
    It's a script for DS4 to better convert clothing from older figures to Genesis. As for it being for Mac or not, no clue.

edited December 1969

Daz.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Why not, "Smith Micro please?" Isn't it their call whether or not to support Genesis and Genesis related items?

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    lface8 said:
    Why not, "Smith Micro please?" Isn't it their call whether or not to support Genesis and Genesis related items?

Smith Micro has made it very clear . . . . . that they will not incorporate technology into Poser that they have no control over.

Smith Micro

PLEASE

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

I might as well contribute.

tumblr_m2649bmz4Y1qbgdueo1_500[1].jpg
    500 x 313 - 35K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited May 2013

Rduda said:
    Daz.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

A: Daz3D didn't make the Supersuit and
    B: like I have said before the Supersuit uses the Collision mod in Daz Studio and Poser cannot do the same.
    C: Have you looked in the Supersuit thread and posed this question to the maker? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601/

Post edited by Szark on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

Actually, the supersuit was an official DZ product.

And let's not have yet another round of "whose job is it to get Genesis working in Poser".

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

OK boss...duely noted but it still won't work due to how it was made. :P

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Which should be stated on the product page.

Szark said:
    OK boss...duely noted but it still won't work due to how it was made. :P

Given we are able to create DSON and Poser Companion Files when a product doesn't yet have them, any DS/Genesis product that CANNOT work in Poser should have notes added to their product pages stating so.

While one can get a refund after discovering it doesn't work, those refunds can now take several days/weeks.

edited December 1969

I'm not complaining about any existing products, or things not or are working in Poser, I'm just asking for a new product similar to or like other body suits that have been made for new figures Daz puts out. I do not care what kind of materials it has, just a plain old body suit. I do not understand why people don't get this simple request. I'm just begging for some developer to make a simple Genesis bodysuit for a male and female, and I and many posers users will buy because Daz has mist the boat on this product so far for this specific market.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    The supersuit, as long as i had the chance to play with it, seemed very "heavy"...im not sure that it can be tranfered to poser...

Supersuit in Poser on Freak 5:

supersuit-poser.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 99K
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Supersuit in Poser on Freak 5:

Nice job!! Now sell that file to the maker to distribute, I'de buy it as a plain suit!!!!!!

edited December 1969

The most difficult part about the conversion is how time consuming it is to convert everything. I've still got a lot left to convert, but I haven't had time to get back to it in a couple of months.

edited December 1969

The most difficult part about the conversion is how time consuming it is to convert everything. I've still got a lot left to convert, but I haven't had time to get back to it in a couple of months.

You know once you finally get it done they'll get the DSON for Poser out

edited December 1969

Rduda said:

You know once you finally get it done they'll get the DSON for Poser out

Yeah, I know. Hopefully someone will be on the bridge and keep me from jumping. :-)

• zaintczaintc Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Can some one post on how this was done. I am taking it a step further, fusion to c4d. I feel if its possible its worth it. Since you can do more in c4d/maya, etc

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I can TRY to convert my Genesis SuperSuit over to a DSON format. Not sure if it will work though! Do you want me to try Rduda?

edited December 1969

sorry what is that? Rduda?

edited December 1969

Maybe I am over thinking all this. I am able to merge an FBX file into C4D, I was just covering all my basis. Plus I saw how smooth the transition was from Poser to C4D. I kind of have what I wanted I just have to confirm rigging and correct the materials etc. I had a city from Daz which also installed on Poser that came in so well. I got carried away, LOL. Thank you all for you help. Poser seems to be better than Daz. Daz just has better content to me anyway.

BTW: Here is a SuperSuit in C4D, I haven't fixed it yet......

SuperSuit_C4D.jpg
    1124 x 840 - 192K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited October 2013

Conversion is done so if you want it I can upload the set. You will need the SuperSuit for Genesis to make it work. Please don't move the files around when you get it as I'm not sure if it needs them to be relative to path. You can find the link to the SuperSuit set in my Sig line.

OK, set up my Dropbox with the zip file. Here is the link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10561354/SuperSuitDSON.zip

It's set up for My Library>Runtime.

Post edited by RAMWolff on