I cant tell which threads I've read or not.

SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I cannot tell at a glance which threads I've read or not. The difference between the greys is almost indiscernible without heavy concentration.

What do the DAZ folks have against 'visited link color' in their CSS?

Seriously, are you working on it? Is it on the todo list? The way it is is unacceptable.

And, no, I shouldn't have to hunt down, install, figure out, test a third party plug-in for my browser to handle something as BASIC as visited link color.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

It's bold vs. non-bold. I can tell easy enough on my screen. :/ Although I use color reassignment too (I took it off to verify though. ;) )

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I am having similar problems it will just take a bit more getting used to I think

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited May 2012

adamr001 said:
    It's bold vs. non-bold. I can tell easy enough on my screen. :/ Although I use color reassignment too (I took it off to verify though. ;) )

It's not "bold vs. non-bold" enough!

Yet another example of poor usability design.

Post edited by de3an on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I finally resorted to listing new posts, then right clicking and opening the topic in another tab. Even that is inefficient compared to the old forums. There, you got a nice neatly listing of topics, here you have this huge amount of wasted space between each topic, and no way to reliably open the topic to the last post.

But at least, the topics aren't being reordered anymore on me each time I return to the listing (since I don't actually return to the listing, I just close the tab of the topic I read and go back to the tab with the topic list)

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

I've been doing it the same way Satira Capriccio.

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

If it is a long thread, I have been used to clicking a link that took me to the first new one that I haven't read. But I can't work out how to do this on the new forum - do I have to just open the thread from the start?

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

carnite said:
    If it is a long thread, I have been used to clicking a link that took me to the first new one that I haven't read. But I can't work out how to do this on the new forum - do I have to just open the thread from the start?

so far I have not found a way to open on the newest post on a long thread I just tend to open the last page and then skip back a page or two.