How to make muscle morph load?

edited December 1969 in New Users

In the attached screen shot it shows what I'm trying to do. I want to load one of the "Morph Injections" presets on to the micheal 4 figure. I've tried double clicking the presets (like Olympian) and dragging the preset over to the model. It seems to load some data but it doesn't update the figure. What do you do to load one of these presets?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

What happens if you right-click on the Shaping pane's tab and select Show Hidden properties - do you see greyed out channels for the morphs? Do you have more than one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Michael 4 folder on your system? Did you use the PowerLoader script to load Michael 4 (in other words, did you get a dialogue box on loading him)?

• edited December 1969

> What happens if you right-click on the Shaping pane’s tab and select Show Hidden properties - do you see greyed out channels for the morphs?

Yes, the settings appeared greyed out, I've attached a screenshot

> Do you have more than one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Michael 4 folder on your system?

There only appears to be one. In C:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ has:

Directory of C:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ

05/12/2013 10:20 AM

. 05/12/2013 10:20 AM
        .. 09/29/2008 11:45 AM 35 DzCreateExPFiles-M4.bat 09/19/2008 04:11 PM 40 DzCreateExPFiles-M4Gens.bat 12/06/2011 06:07 PM 38 DzCreateExPFiles-SDrgn.bat 03/16/2007 03:07 PM 36 DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat 10/10/2008 02:10 PM 2,341,919 DzCreateExPFiles.exe 05/12/2013 10:21 AM
          M4Genitalia 05/12/2013 04:12 AM
            Michael 4 07/11/2006 08:35 PM 348,160 MSVCR71.dll 05/12/2013 04:23 AM
              SubDragon 05/12/2013 04:32 AM
                Victoria 4 04/18/2007 10:51 AM 4,608 w9xpopen.exe 7 File(s) 2,694,836 bytes 6 Dir(s) 206,265,303,040 bytes free > Did you use the PowerLoader script to load Michael 4 (in other words, did you get a dialogue box on loading him)? I used the exe installers for all the model content. I was not able to to get the "DAZ 3D Install Manager 1" program to work at all. When I run it from the desktop it makes an hourglass mouse for a few seconds then goes back to normal. Task manager shows that it creates a process that pegs one of the CPUs at 100% but it never shows a window or anything. So, I downloaded the 30 or so exe installers for all the models and ran them individually.
    not_working2.jpg
    1919 x 1044 - 216K
    edited December 1969

OK, go to C:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ and double-click DzCreateExPFiles-M4.bat, then try loading a fresh Michael 4 and injecting the morphs - you don't have to do it one by one, there should be an inject all pose for each set in the main Morph Injections folder.

• edited December 1969

That worked great, thanks for your help!

BTW, do you know of any fix for getting the “DAZ 3D Install Manager 1” program to work? When I run it from the desktop it makes an hourglass mouse for a few seconds then goes back to normal. Task manager shows that it creates a process that pegs one of the CPUs at 100% but it never shows a window or anything.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

That worked great, thanks for your help!

BTW, do you know of any fix for getting the “DAZ 3D Install Manager 1” program to work? When I run it from the desktop it makes an hourglass mouse for a few seconds then goes back to normal. Task manager shows that it creates a process that pegs one of the CPUs at 100% but it never shows a window or anything.

Do you have a system with dual graphics cards, Nvidia and Intel?

• edited December 1969

I just have a single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. The motherboard also has a video port but I don't use it.

edited December 1969

See if you have a file named nvinit.dll in Windows\SysWOW64. If so, rename it to nvinit.bak and see if Install Manager will install correctly.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, that fixed it!

I tried starting a new topic about another question I have but it keeps sending me back to https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/ when I try to post a new thread and the thread never appears in the forum.

So, I guess I'll ask it here:

You can make a model's skin be partially transparent using the opacity sliders, this is useful when using the organ models. However, this makes it so you can see the polygons for the model's back and it makes things appear kind of strange.

Is there an option to cull faces for the polygons that point away from the camera when transparency is enabled?

edited December 1969

I believe the 4.6 beta has a new feature to do that easily -- if you look at the beta release thread I believe there's a detailed explanation of how to do that.

edited December 1969

Actually, the simplest way to do that would be with a shader - either pwGhost, or one you make yourself in Shader Mixer.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll look into that.

With your help I was able to get the install manager working but one of the items shows 'Download Failed'. I've tried pressing the download button several times but it keeps coming back with the same error. Is there a way I can fix this?

not_working3.jpg
    890 x 699 - 166K
    edited December 1969

I've actually got that same item with the same problem -- I think the item itself was supposed to be removed, but I haven't gotten a definitive answer yet.