Some quesitons: convert V4 to genesis, use hair and clothes from v4 in Genesis

mini_estrelasmini_estrelas Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in New Users

Hello!!

I´m using DS4.5.

I have SOME question.

1. Is it possible to convert a V4 to Genesis or something like that?

2. How about the clothes that I already have can I convert it to genessis?

3. How to use the hair and skin that I have to V4, M4, and K4 in Genesis?

Thanks in Advance

Post edited by mini_estrelas on

Comments

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

I know you can fit the V4 hair and clothing to Genesis by using the auto-fit tool. Not sure about the skin. Hope this helps!!!;-P

• mini_estrelasmini_estrelas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

spmwc said:
    I know you can fit the V4 hair and clothing to Genesis by using the auto-fit tool. Not sure about the skin. Hope this helps!!!;-P

Where´s the auto-fit tool?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you select Genesis in the Scene pane or viewport, then load a piece of clothing that was made for V4, the Autofit plugin will pop up and ask you what figure the clothing was made for, and what type of clothing it is. Fill in the details in the drop down menus, and autofit will make the clothing fit Genesis.

To use V4 or M4 (skins) textures on Genesis, select Genesis, then go to the Surfaces pane near the botom to UV Set, and change it to the figure you want to use. The default is usually V4.

• NansteinNanstein Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

If you select Genesis in the Scene pane or viewport, then load a piece of clothing that was made for V4, the Autofit plugin will pop up and ask you what figure the clothing was made for, and what type of clothing it is. Fill in the details in the drop down menus, and autofit will make the clothing fit Genesis.

This is the thing that seems not to be working for my with the Auto-Fit Tool: the Auto-Fit plugin does not pop up at all.
    It is activated, registered, etc. It's just not showing up to give me the options to use it.

Any suggestions?
    Many thanks in advance.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You may need to use the 'Fit To' option sometimes to invoke the Autofit plugin. Give that a try.

It will only work with conforming clothing made for Generation 4 models, unless you have other generation shapes for Genesis. If you want to use Gen 3 items (M3 and V3), then you would need to buy the appropriate 'shapes' for Genesis, which supply a clone for the Autofit plugin.

• NansteinNanstein Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Thank you, JimmyC, that worked! :D