Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• mitchmanmitchman Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

So, when did the PC monthly price go to $20.97?

It says at the beginning of this thread to log a bug report, but there is no way to log one - the link goes to some Mantis thing that wants a log in, which is not my DAZ log in. I have submitted a regular sales ticket, but I am not getting any replies.

This is looking more and more like DAZ does not want to keep their loyal base.

Shopping_Cart_2.jpg
    1042 x 552 - 71K
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

mitchman said:

It says at the beginning of this thread to log a bug report, but there is no way to log one - the link goes to some Mantis thing that wants a log in, which is not my DAZ log in. I have submitted a regular sales ticket, but I am not getting any replies.

You don't file bug reports for problems with sales, you send in a ticket through zendesk. You can also call if you're in the US, they have an 800 number.

Their ticket system is currently overloaded with tons of complaints and problems. The monthly price has not gone up to 20.97 it looks as if you have the same problem as others, it sees you as being more than 30 days expired. If you can see the MO forums and the PC prices you're covered for the moment, if not and you really want it straightened out, call... Their hours are 9 to 5 Mountain time.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

Sunfire said:
    mitchman said:

You don't file bug reports for problems with sales, you send in a ticket through zendesk. You can also call if you're in the US, they have an 800 number.

Their ticket system is currently overloaded with tons of complaints and problems. The monthly price has not gone up to 20.97 it looks as if you have the same problem as others, it sees you as being more than 30 days expired. If you can see the MO forums and the PC prices you're covered for the moment, if not and you really want it straightened out, call... Their hours are 9 to 5 Mountain time.
    I'm "Active" and I'm seeing the same price. It's $29.95 minus the Platinum discount, I guess. Not going to put a ticket in, though...at least not until my membership ends and I wish to extend it. Maybe the problem will be fixed by then.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

If you are a member of the PC, or were until recently, then do not buy a new membership - you will pay more than you need, and will simply add to the amount sales have to do to fix things. If your membership lapses through failing to renew, follow the earlier isntructions on what to do; if it is showing expired but is in fact working sit tight for now.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    mitchman said:

It says quite clearly at the start of this forum thread:
    "Many PC Members are not showing up as a PC Member in their account, is that across the board or could those members have an issue that needs checked into?
    We need email addresses for those who are affected. The web developers believes most of these should be working now. Please log a bug ticket in our bug tracker so we can take care of it. Login here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/ Now in the top right corner under Project, select DAZ Web Search, and then select Report an Issue. Give as much information as possible of the problem and we will dive into fixing it for you. "

Which of course, requires yet another sign up. Sigh. No wonder they are having difficulties - every little thing requires a new sign up, sign in or account. There is no way they can be effectively coordinating things this way.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

mitchman Did you see what Richard posted, just above your last post.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    mitchman Did you see what Richard posted, just above your last post.

Yes, I shall wait. Thank you.

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited June 2012

We have just changed the store to not charge Sales Tax in California any longer. The recent changes to the CA tax code make digital purchases not needing to collect the sales tax any longer. Great news!

Awesome! That was hard to get used to. In my mind, digital property (especially assets like DAZ sells) is an intangible, like labor. Sales tax is more intended for trade of "things," not the effort to make those things. Now a poster, calendar, hat, t-shirt or DVD -- yeah, I'll pay tax on those things that can be made with our downloads.

Wonder who the lobbyists were trying to keep down with this tax idea...perhaps another extension of the music industry's online crusades.

One more post...just one more...I think...

Post edited by VoltisArt on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

It's just another way for states to get their money due to the increased number of things being bought on the internet. This is also why they keep upping the sales taxes on certain items. They need to make up that money somehow. It all kinda ticks me off.

edited December 1969

I can never understand why we in the UK have to pay VAT on Utility bills.

And why VAT, which stands for Value Added Tax. to whom is it value added. Certainly of no value to the consumer.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Its of value to the treasury tho... ;)

edited December 1969

true.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

I've had enough.

I've requested that the money spent on my $69 platinum club membership be credited to my daz account, and that by membership be terminated.

I'm going to spend my $6000 a year somewhere else and not with Daz.

(I'm extremely angry.)

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

UHF said:
    I've had enough.

I've requested that the money spent on my $69 platinum club membership be credited to my daz account, and that by membership be terminated.

(I'm extremely angry.)

Im slowly getting there too. I have been trying to re-activate my PC membership since the 12th as it ran out on the 10th which means I would have to pay for the time I havent had PC Membership for as it would be back dated to the 10th.

I used to always be logged into the site but now I just cant be bothered.

Sal.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I can never understand why we in the UK have to pay VAT on Utility bills.

And why VAT, which stands for Value Added Tax. to whom is it value added. Certainly of no value to the consumer.

*puts on Economist hat*

The idea behind Value Added Tax is that there isn't just one entity that produces things and another entity that consumes them. The business that makes a final product for the consumer market isn't starting with something that is worth zero and creating all the value that the final consumer pays for. Instead, they take things that have value (e.g. raw materials, electricity), add some more value, and then sell it to the final consumer. That business gets to subtract the cost of those things from its income and only pays taxes on the net amount, while the final consumer pays taxes on the whole thing. So the items that the business buys are adding value to the end product. The Value Added Tax is a tax charged whether you are using the item yourself, or using it to make a product which is then sold to others. Without a Value Added Tax, the final consumer pays all the sales taxes while the businesses at each stage pay no sales taxes as well as no taxes on the items they consume.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid the business pays the VAT with amount of money that included in the end customer price + customer pays some VAT himself excluding that he also pays off all VATs that had been added through the product production.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    UHF said:
    I've had enough.

(I'm extremely angry.)

Im slowly getting there too. I have been trying to re-activate my PC membership since the 12th as it ran out on the 10th which means I would have to pay for the time I havent had PC Membership for as it would be back dated to the 10th.

Sal.

We have tried very hard to communicate the issues and the progress we are making on taking care of the PC renewal issues. As is our policy, we want to solve the problem, and will work with you to make it right. If you give us an opportunity we will do all we can to work with you to take care of the problem and your frustration.

The transition to our new store has been difficult and not fun for DAZ, but we are plowing through the fixes and working with our customers to correct the errors and struggles that have been faced. If you will contact us we will make it right.

• ThelbyThelby Posts: 6
    edited June 2012

As with many of you having your PC Account Expire, mine did not. It was simply Suspended, LOL, it is really funny that it was Suspended. But I waited and yesterday, (Wednesday, June 20), Britney Creek send me an email about the $1 being added to my account and then used to renew my PC Membership.
    I just want to say Thank Britney and All DAZ Staff, because I know this has been a PAIN for You as much as for us.

I do have 1 question, though: I am an Annual PC Member, so does the Renewal cover the Annual cost this year or should I be ready to pay my Full Annual Fee next month?

Again Thank You and I look forward to checking out the things I have missed :-)

P.S. I did have trouble logging in and so I came to the forum to check things out. After a few more attempts to login had failed I decided to try to enter the "MEMBER'S ONLY" forum. I did enter and apparently the New Cookie over road my old cookies and now all is well in DAZ 3D Land.
    Thanks
    :coolsmile:

Post edited by Thelby on
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    UHF said:
    I've had enough.

(I'm extremely angry.)

Sal.

We have tried very hard to communicate the issues and the progress we are making on taking care of the PC renewal issues. As is our policy, we want to solve the problem, and will work with you to make it right. If you give us an opportunity we will do all we can to work with you to take care of the problem and your frustration.

The transition to our new store has been difficult and not fun for DAZ, but we are plowing through the fixes and working with our customers to correct the errors and struggles that have been faced. If you will contact us we will make it right.

Britney has been very helpfull in allowing me to get a PC Item I wanted in the sale that ended on the 18th, but I still cant re-activate my PC account and to get the Item I did I had to use the money put aside for renewing to buy the product at the Non PC members price so britney could refund the difference and I have to wait until Tuesday now because the refund was a store credit, but I dont mind that.

The thing is I have been trying since the 12th to re-activate as stated above I did contact daz here is what I said and the reply:

My Message: I now have a problem as I am unable to re-activate my PC membership as I did what I normally do and cancelled my subscription from the paypal site, when I goto my subscriptions on the Daz website It still thinks its active but it aint and I cant actvate it again because it will not give me the option I tried clicking the cancel, suspend and update buttons that show on the screen but they just give an invalid request.. :(

Please can you help with this?

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply:
    All PC Memberships that were moved from our old site to our new site, did error out. We were able to find the fix, and all problem accounts will be resolved by end of business day Monday (6/18/12). Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

:(

Sal.

edited December 1969

Sal UK:

We will be getting in touch with you to get this fixed for you. Thanks for the heads up.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Reply:
    All PC Memberships that were moved from our old site to our new site, did error out. We were able to find the fix, and all problem accounts will be resolved by end of business day Monday (6/18/12). Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

But they're not all fixed. Or are they not talking about the fact that some of our accounts show "No Subscriptions" under MY ACCOUNT and the fact that we never got the $10 credit that some members got?

• PastelsPastels Posts: 529
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Reply:

But they're not all fixed. Or are they not talking about the fact that some of our accounts show "No Subscriptions" under MY ACCOUNT and the fact that we never got the $10 credit that some members got?

I don't know what was fixed but maybe I like it. My account should have auto-renewed on the 17th, which it still has not but I'm still showing as active and "never expires" so maybe I got a "free" membership? I'm sure that's not right but I'm kind of enjoying being an "illegal alien" here for the moment.

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 256
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Reply:

What $10 credit? Hard to keep up on the many threads of "We're working on it". I also have "You have no subscriptions" in the "My Subscriptions" page but seem to be seeing PC prices in the store and the Forum Public Profile says "Member Group: Platinum Club Members" but nothing lists an expiration date for my Annual membership.

I haven't posted or opened a ticket because I know people are busy and I didn't want to add to the noise when they keep saying they're aware of the problems and working on them.

- Eric

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

I now have a support ticket open, which was done for me by some kind person and Britney has been in touch, I have supplied as much information as I can, and I guess its a wait and see If I get sorted.

• leoni_mleoni_m Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

In hopes of getting a human to read this I'm posting my support ticket info here as well:

I bought a Platinum Club annual membership on the 8th of June - it said there was an error processing the transaction but it did go through - order shows as complete on my account and money's been taken off the credit card. I don't see platinum club prices in the store though, and can't see anything confirming my status as member on my account details. I have been sent the June voucher code by email though.

I reported this on zendesk and mantis but have had no response at all so far.

Order number: 100033739
    Zendesk ticket: #102873
    Mantis ID: 0047144
    E-mail used: [email protected]

I had a look at my credit card profile as suggested by today's forum update, but ... I live in South Africa. There is no place to even choose a country. And US states don't apply at all. How is that helping "those of you outside of the US"?

I'll hang on and wait to see if this gets resolved, but if it isn't working by the 5th of July I'm going to request my refund. I don't want to pass my 30-day money back window.

edited December 1969

leodesign said:
    In hopes of getting a human to read this I'm posting my support ticket info here as well:

I bought a Platinum Club annual membership on the 8th of June - it said there was an error processing the transaction but it did go through - order shows as complete on my account and money's been taken off the credit card. I don't see platinum club prices in the store though, and can't see anything confirming my status as member on my account details. I have been sent the June voucher code by email though.

I had a look at my credit card profile as suggested by today's forum update, but ... I live in South Africa. There is no place to even choose a country. And US states don't apply at all. How is that helping "those of you outside of the US"?

I'll hang on and wait to see if this gets resolved, but if it isn't working by the 5th of July I'm going to request my refund. I don't want to pass my 30-day money back window.

I just spoke with our Support team. They are working through seven hundred sales support tickets. We are working overtime to get these fixed. Your issue has been updated and now have access to the PC.

edited December 1969

leodesign said:

We are fixing the issue with adding the country to the Credit Card profile. This is being tested today and should be fixed soon.

edited December 1969

Sal UK:

We will be getting in touch with you to get this fixed for you. Thanks for the heads up.

Big thanks for sorting this out for me it is very much appriciated indeed. :)

Sal.

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What $10.00 credit????????
    :question:

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    What $10.00 credit????????
    :question:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2380/