how do i install DAZstudio 4.5.1.56 so that it will allow me to install daz 4.2

edited December 1969 in New Users

I have down loaded daz studio 4.5.1.56 i have installed it and genesis starter bundle then victoria base and its morphs ++ ,i then try to install 4.2 but it says reqired file or update missing what am i doing wrong, i am running win 7 64 bit and am installing to D:\ instead of c:\ to make use of the larger hard drive as i have limited space on c ,I have tryed to install daz 7 times to get this damn thing to work always with the same result other victora 4 content works fine but cant get 4.2 or aiko to work did i miss an update or do they even exist i could not find any update or patches on dazs web site at all or do i even need one at all with my version of daz

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install Victoria 4.2 base? What was the exact install path you gave?

• edited December 1969

i have just uninstalled every thing to see if i can fix the problem can you recommend how to reinstall install on d drive so that my content will function properly

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

The V4.2 should be installed to the content folder DS made. Which one and were it is depends on if you do a standard install of DS or a custom install. Just point the installer to your content folder. The V4 Base should be the first installer you run or the others will not SEE it.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited May 2013

ok im nooob when it comes to puters just show me from the start how to instll daz on d drive from the begining

Post edited by johnathangoldsworthy on
    edited December 1969

You just install it. Many do, But as said for V4.2 installers to work you must install the V4 Base figure into the content folder first. That would be the Victoria4.exe then install the other files, they will then see the base installed and then function.

• edited December 1969

Joined 2013-03-29

ok im nooob when it comes to puters just show me from the start how to instll daz on d drive from the begining

• edited December 1969

i guess asking for help was a complete waste of time ,all i want to know is how do i set up the file paths for daz when i install it so that my content will work that means a full install map please from the begining

• edited December 1969

i give up delete daz in full unsubscribe

edited May 2013

NM, and maybe next time give a person time to write the INFO you need.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

sorry get a little techy with daz ,I would still like your help please

edited December 1969

I have sent a help request to the two best best DS Guru's I know. I'm not able to help with installing the main file to a different drive. I was only trying to help with the content. Content I know very well. I was thinking you had DS running for that drive. Please give them time to see your posts. They are not on-line at this time.

I'm sorry I miss-understood your problem.

• edited December 1969

SORRY Jaderail I let my fustration get the better of me ,i would appreciate your help if your still willing to give it ,thank you

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Exactly what are you trying to install? Victoria 4.2 is a complete figure, it doesn't have any pre-requisites. However, if you chose Poser as the target application it will look for the Poser executable, which you don't have (and you wouldn't want to install there if you did). Choose DAZ Studio as the target application and, if you are using the defaults, point the installer to \DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library in your documents folder (if the folder isn't there you didn't use the defaults).

• edited December 1969

I have tryed to do iy like you showed me but it keeps asking for but i get this erorr

daz_fail.png
    1280 x 1024 - 319K
    edited May 2013

That's an updater, not the full figure - have you bought Victoria 4.2 from the store? Where did you get the file from - it's not on the product page, as I thought might be the case, but if it's not clearly labelled as to what it is then an update to the description is needed.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 1969

i have the full figure of 4.2 ,I tryed to instll like you subjested it still came up with the error msg as above ,can you show me the default install of daz from the begining only on drive d ,oh yeah im running win 7 64 bit ,that way every thing should work correctly ,thank you for being patient with me as this is my first puter and am still learning

edited December 1969

Please post screenshots of the installer you are running, and each step of the install up to and including the error. This isn't a DAZ Studio issue, the installer doesn't care about that.